Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
News have reached my ear that press in Argentina were saying that Argentina NT plays without a right midfielder. Being the player who's playing on that position, of course this is a shot directed at J.Zanetti. This made him sad of course.

Now, I have to admit that I don't watch many match for Argentina but from what I see in Inter, there are arguably no better player for the position of right wing-back in the 3-4-3 formation.

So, I'm asking all of you Argentinian expert, what do you think of Javier Zanetti???

Thanx. :)

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
in his position he is arguably the best player in the world. but its true he doesnt have too much recognition in argentina.
i suppose its because he never played for a big club in his days in argentina. he just played in Banfield, and then he jumped directly to inter.
on the other hand, players like saviola, aimar, riquelme who reached europe from boca and river are followed by more people.

anyway, bielsa knows him, and im positive that he is one of the few players in the NT who has the starting position secure.

he is fast, strong, skillful, good at defense and plays his heart (both for argentina and inter) in every match. what else you can ask for???
;)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
batigold said:
i suppose its because he never played for a big club in his days in argentina. he just played in Banfield, and then he jumped directly to inter.
Thanx a lot for enlightening me Batigold. ;) But does that statement means that in Argentina, players like Sorin; who has played in River (or was it Boca??? :tongue:), gets more recognition than J.Zanetti??? Even though IMO J.Zanetti, even if he's used on the left, is light years ahead of Sorin.

EDIT: Btw, I have a question that is unrelated to the thread but I don't think this question deserves its own thread since it's a short one. Who's the starting left wing-back for Argentina??? Is it Kily??? Thx. :)

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Handoyo said:
Thanx a lot for enlightening me Batigold. ;) But does that statement means that in Argentina, players like Sorin; who has played in River (or was it Boca??? :tongue:), gets more recognition than J.Zanetti??? Even though IMO J.Zanetti, even if he's used on the left, is light years ahead of Sorin.
Also I noticed that, whenever Boca or River player say something in Europe, at the same moment you will see it at the news in every Arg site. But it doesnt lower Zanetti's position in the NT or between their fans, he always give the NT an 120% effort.

Handoyo said:

EDIT: Btw, I have a question that is unrelated to the thread but I don't think this question deserves its own thread since it's a short one. Who's the starting left wing-back for Argentina??? Is it Kily??? Thx. :)
Yeah, in the last WC Q matches Bielsa used Kily in that position, also he called up Sorin but he couldn't play coz of the injury. For me, I will put Sorin ahead of Kily at any day, also Solari deserves a call.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Batigol9 said:

Yeah, in the last WC Q matches Bielsa used Kily in that position, also he called up Sorin but he couldn't play coz of the injury. For me, I will put Sorin ahead of Kily at any day, also Solari deserves a call.
Personly I can't stand Solari. He's a piece of shit!:yuck::mad: Sorín, on the other hand, is a very talented player and suits Bielsa's system very well. I'd pick him over the others any day. But Bielsa made a big misstake in calling up injured players for the WC.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Robban said:
Personly I can't stand Solari. He's a piece of shit!:yuck::mad:
WoW, I didnt know hat you hate him that much:D, as I said, Sorin is the best for that place, but I would be using Solari if we need to go more forward.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
why not solari? imo he is one the best left winger in argentina even more potential than kily! can he play on the left with kily in the central left at the same time? why bielsa doesn't pick solari?

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Real said:
why not solari? imo he is one the best left winger in argentina even more potential than kily! can he play on the left with kily in the central left at the same time? why bielsa doesn't pick solari?
You have to ask Bielsa that question. I wouldn't pick Solari either since the only thing he does good is falling and moaning. He wouldn't even get any attention at all if he didn't play for Real Madrid. He should have stayed in Atletico.

Bielsa uses Sorín insted. A player who knows how to run and uses his head while playing (something that Solari never does). Sorín is the closest you can get to Roberto Carlos today IMO.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Robban said:

Bielsa uses Sorín insted. A player who knows how to run and uses his head while playing (something that Solari never does). Sorín is the closest you can get to Roberto Carlos today IMO.
sorin needs to recover his form again. i dont follow the french league, but i think he is playing very often in PSG.
I MHO there are not many better players than him in his position.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
batigold said:
[B but i think he is playing very often in PSG.
[/B]
Not only that, he has been feeding up Pauleta with some good crosses that he scored from (lately he scored two), Sorin is in a good form right now, I saw him going forward more than usual with PSG.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
batigold said:
sorin needs to recover his form again. i dont follow the french league, but i think he is playing very often in PSG.
I MHO there are not many better players than him in his position.
I don't follow the french league either that closely, but I asume that Sorín is the best left defender/midfielder in the league.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Gabemar said:
If he is so good why didn't he make a lasting impression at Lazio or Barcelona????
At Lazio everyone was good but he find himself at another next season: Nedved, Veron, Crespo,.... while at Barca I think the EU status sent him away, or maybe Laporta and Frank didnt like him.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
besides, sorin in barsa was limited just to defend, which is not his best virtue. the coach (VG, I THINK) wanted him not to go foward, and what he do best is to go foward and surprise the opponents defenses appearing in the penalty box. he scores pretty often for a player in his position.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Sorin is such a versatile player. Unfortunately due to the limitaions imposed on him by VG or Antic at Barsa, one never got the real sense of what he could really do at Barsa.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Solari is 1000 times more player than Sorin IMO.

Solari is talented, has great skills with ball, sense of organization and a good pass. Also, he helps well in marking.

Sorín is just a very smart player. What made him so loved here in Cruzeiro was his fighting spirit and his offensive adventures. He can go to the attack very well, as a true attacker, appearing in the right moment at the right time. Hell, he even scored a lot of goals with his head! He doesn't appear in the attack as a wing-back usually does, he doesn't create chances, he appears to finish them.

But with the ball, Sorín leaves a lot to be desired. He's just a common player skills-wise.

Kily is still the best option IMO, after him, Solari. Only then I'd consider Sorín.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts