Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Catalonia the 23`rd of April is the day of the books. After the Patron Saint Jordi of Catalunya. This day is called Sant Jordi and you see more books this day than you never have in your life. Th two big daily newspapers, El Mundo Deportivo and Sport, always publish a book for this day which you can buy with the paper. This year El Mundo Deportivo had one about Pau Gasol and Sport`s was about Javier Saviola. Sport, which is a bit more Barça fanatic, had last year about Guardiola (Mi vida, mi fùtbol). Sport always has about Barça. I`ve actually only read two books earlier from Sport. The first one was "Romàrio, el rey del gol" (1994) and the second was "El Dream Team" (1993). I would like to thank Roger for loaning them to me.

Anyway, since I was foreced to read boring books in school, I`m not quiet found of reading. But I like biographys of football players. So I`ve finaly put the book down and finished it.

What can I say about the book? Saviola hasn`t exactlly lived that long too include so many intresting details. But still. The book is mostly about him growing up and about the miss of his father. These books are also a bit licking up books. You don`t exactlly see any critics in them. They`re all about how happy they are in Barcelona and that Barça is the greatest club in the world and everyone is so nice etc.

The book starts in Buenos Aires where Saviola was born. He started to play for a team which was pretty close to him, because his father like them better than the local one. Saviola`s dream was to play for River one day. His first idol was "El Buffalo" which played in the firstteam of his first team. Confusing? I just can`t remember the name of his first team. He also tells that when he signed for Barça he recived a package from "El Buffalo" and it was a shirt from him with his autograph on it. Saviola has it framed in his house in BCN toghether with fotos of him and Maradona, him and Rivaldo and Kluivert, and with him and Francescoli.

He started to play well and was sigend for River. His first contract gave him 2700€ a month. They used the money to re-build there house.

He got to make his debut in River and was the topscorer at the age of 16 etc. I think you all know the rest? His father got sick, Saviola signed for Barça. He wanted to live in Spain because his grandparents are spaniards and had to escape to Argentina during the dictature.

He writes about that he is thankfull towards Alfonso. Because "7" has always been his lucky number and he has always weared it. Except when he was new in the team in River etc. So when he signed for Barça, he knew that he hadn`t the right to ask for anything more. But on the pre-season he asked Alfonso and he gave the shirt to him. Javier says that he thought this was a very nice gesture from Alfonso.

Saviola thinks it`s great that he has been given the locker that Maradona had when he played for Barça. They told him that this once belonged to a argentine and now it belongs to another. The other players who has used it his Archibald and Guardiola. It`s next to Xavi`s.

Saviola writes about how nervous he was before the first practise. He was thinking how cold and arrogant these superstars might be. And would they were Versace and Armani suits to the training? The first thing that happend was that Kluivert walked in, wearing Bermudas and shouts "Hola Conejo!" (Hi Rabbit!) and then gave him a big hug.:D

Saviola is now taking lessons in english and catalan.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
P.Kluivert> Sorry only in spanish or catalan. But, hey, you need to learn spanish anyway if you`re finaly going to score with that girl.:D (From Robban, who`s at a party in nrk`s house).

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Nice story, Robban! It shows us that these guys are not just professionals without any feelings and stuff - no, its also just humans! Thats why we should also more often excuse them for bad games or losses... :)

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Robban said:
He writes about that he is thankfull towards Alfonso. Because "7" has always been his lucky number and he has always weared it. Except when he was new in the team in River etc. So when he signed for Barça, he knew that he hadn`t the right to ask for anything more. But on the pre-season he asked Alfonso and he gave the shirt to him. Javier says that he thought this was a very nice gesture from Alfonso.
Great gesture :proud:

Robban said:
Saviola writes about how nervous he was before the first practise. He was thinking how cold and arrogant these superstars might be. And would they were Versace and Armani suits to the training? The first thing that happend was that Kluivert walked in, wearing Bermudas and shouts "Hola Conejo!" (Hi Rabbit!) and then gave him a big hug.:D
:D :tongue: That's 100% Kluivert. :star: :proud:

Great post Robban :)

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
nrk said:
P.Kluivert> Sorry only in spanish or catalan. But, hey, you need to learn spanish anyway if you`re finaly going to score with that girl.:D (From Robban, who`s at a party in nrk`s house).
Yeah it would be cool if I could speak Spanish. Yhe only problem is that I'm not so good at foreign languages. English is pretty easy but French and German :( :yuck:

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Especially german is not worth to learn it , believe me. ;) :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
can't we buy him (Saviola) at Lazio?? hehe just kidding, know that you at barca wouldn't like to see him leave, though i would love to see him come... good luck to you all in your race this season!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
:)

Well, I feel proud that we signed this player and that he wears a red & blue colours now. I don`t even remember the last time when I thought the same about other player.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
P. Kluivert said:
I had German for 4 years, my first year I had a 5 and after that all 6's. My grade for German on my graduationlist was the lowest on the list. I think that proves my love for the German language. :D
Impressively :D ... well done, mate ;) :tongue:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts