Xtratime Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really happy that this guy is back....I saw him play his first game for Real when he was 18 or so and he looked very calm, assured and totally at home with all the big names - this was in the so-called Galacticos era.

Now that he's back after a season's experience, I'm hoping he can make the step up to playing regularly for us. I don't know if this warrants a thread dedicated to him, but I'm keen to know how he did at Osasuna this season - since I havent watched him at all.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Javi Garcia to RealMadrid.com
http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satell.../Entrevista/Javi_Garcia_to_Realmadrid.com.htm

Javi García arrived at Real Madrid when he was 14 years old. He gradually became an important youth system player and left for Pamplona last season in order to gain more experience. He is now back, hoping to become an important player for the coach.

Welcome home Javi. You’ve returned after one season in Pamplona...
I am very happy. I wanted to play as much as I could in order to be repurchased by the Club.

What did you learn there? What’s made you a better player?
Continuity helps. I had the chance to play in some games when I was here last time, but a player needs to enjoy some continuity and know that the coach counts on him even when a game doesn’t turn out well. I stay put in my position, as opposed to run around as much as I did when I first started playing at 17 years of age. I’ve learned to stay put and use my head.

Real Madrid seem to have faith in you. Do you think you’ll be able to play several minutes?
I wouldn’t have come back if I didn’t think so. I feel ready to play on this team and to have some continuity. I’m here to make decisions hard for the coach.

You’ve so far been paired with Heinze as a centre back. Not bad...
That’s what the pre-season is for. I enjoyed my first 90 minutes of playing time after a month and a half-long holiday. It’s always good to play next to players like him. I am learning much from Gabi Heinze. He is a very experienced footballer and I hope to learn more from him.

But being a centre back isn’t your natural position... Where do you feel more comfortable?
I’ve mostly played as a centre midfielder, but I was positioned as centre back several times at Osasuna. I’ve adapted well to that position and feel very comfortable. I wouldn’t mind where to play if you gave me a choice. I still have much to learn as a centre back, but I don’t care.

What do you look for in more experienced players?
Diarra plays in my position and he had a good season last year. I like to look at what he does and learn from him. All the centre backs on the team -Fabio, Gabi, Pepe and Metzelder- are fantastic and I think I could learn something from all of them.

Have you spoken with the coach yet?
Not yet. We’re here to work now. You don’t need words when you work hard, run and play well. You have to prove yourself on the pitch.

What are your personal goals for the season?
It’s too soon for me to know. I especially want to have a good pre-season and get fit enough to withstand the entire campaign. I want to train hard in order to be an important player for the coach every weekend.

RealMadrid.com

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Looks like his best chance at a realistic place may be at CB this season although he is stronger in midfield, that is probably the reason why Real havnt pursued another CB because if/when Metzelder goes down injured Javi Garcia will be the man to step in.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Looks like his best chance at a realistic place may be at CB this season although he is stronger in midfield, that is probably the reason why Real havnt pursued another CB because if/when Metzelder goes down injured Javi Garcia will be the man to step in.
We did pursue another CB, and we bought one. His name is Ezequiel Garay, he's a crack, and he's back at Racing for one more year before he joins us. The reason Garay stayed at Racing for this season is because this is Cannavaro's last year with us before his contract's up and he signs with Napoli. We have Pepe, Cannavaro, Heinze, Metzelder, and Ramos who can play there. DLR also played a fair bit of CB with Getafe, although clearly him, Javi, and Mahamadou are better in the middle.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
We did pursue another CB, and we bought one. His name is Ezequiel Garay, he's a crack, and he's back at Racing for one more year before he joins us. The reason Garay stayed at Racing for this season is because this is Cannavaro's last year with us before his contract's up and he signs with Napoli. We have Pepe, Cannavaro, Heinze, Metzelder, and Ramos who can play there. DLR also played a fair bit of CB with Getafe, although clearly him, Javi, and Mahamadou are better in the middle.
Yes i am aware of Garay being signed, but he wasnt planned to be part of the squad this year. A few Real fans were wanting you to sign another CB as cover but thats where Javi can fill in. If Pepe has the injuries of last season, Metzelder the same, Cannavaro's awful form to continue then Javi Garcia is a strong possibility for a back up CB.
Can you realistically see him getting much minutes in Midfield, especially if Van Der Vaart joins thats another player that puts him further into the cold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.