Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Great news for Erreala, btw, can someone tell why Aramburu doesn't play the midfield instead of Alkiza?:)

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Great news! Three solid players who are important for the team. :)

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Koeman4 said:
Great news for Erreala, btw, can someone tell why Aramburu doesn't play the midfield instead of Alkiza?:)
Because Aranburu is a great player but Alkiza is a fantastic player and a leader. I think the problem in the midfield was more Xabi than Bittor, I would play Alkiza-Aranburu, but well, Xabi is recovering the level lately so Denoueix is doing well. Aranburu should have more minutes yes, but not as starter I think, at least while Bittor´s back lets him play his best football.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Txupa said:
Because Aranburu is a great player but Alkiza is a fantastic player and a leader. I think the problem in the midfield was more Xabi than Bittor, I would play Alkiza-Aranburu, but well, Xabi is recovering the level lately so Denoueix is doing well. Aranburu should have more minutes yes, but not as starter I think, at least while Bittor´s back lets him play his best football.
Personally, I think that Erreala has a good balance with Xabi-Aranburu, they know their roles: Xabi builds the game while Aranburu helps more in defense, he's Alonso's lung. They mix really well. On the other hand, Alkiza likes to play, he likes to have the ball, taking over Xabi Alonso's job and he is not a good defender, IMO. Xabi Alonso plays better with Aranburu, IMO. I would see more rational: Alkiza-Aranburu, but I think Xabi must play and in this case Alkiza should be the player out.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think Bittor can do both jobs, in Athletic he did the bodyguard job when he played with Urrutia, defending and running a lot, on the other hand, when he played with Orbaiz he took the responsability and played the ball, he did both jobs very well.

I think he has been Erreala´s best player so far, so I wouldn´t sit him, at least while his back problems respect him, so I think it´s more a discussion of Alonso or Aranburu. Now that Xabi is getting better I think Xabi-Alkiza is the best option. But anyway, I think that´s not an important problem for Erreala, most of the coaches in the world would love to have to choose 2 from these 3 players for his midfield.

Anyway, Bittor has his back problems, it´s getting old and at least in Athletic he tended to end the seasons in bad form so I´m pretty sure we´ll se the Alonso-Aranburu partnership quite often in the last games.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts