Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how well known this guy is in Croatia, but basically he's a former Zagreb player who came to Korea in 1998. He joined Pohang Steelers and played for them until 2002 when he switched to the Champions Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma.

He's now taken full Korean citizenship after being here the requisite number of years, and is one of the best defenders in the league.

-----------------------------------

Boris Raic (Bucheon, defender) and Josip Simic (Ulsan, midfielder) are both currently playing in Korea. A few other Croatians have played in the K-League - Ivan Medvid (Pohang), Sasa Milaimovic (Pohang), Josko Jelicic (Pohang), Mario Ivankovic (Suwon), Jasmin Mujdza (Seongnam), Darko Cordas (Pohang), Fabijan Komlijenovic (Pohang), Branco Hucika (Ulsan) and Dzevad Turkovic (Busan, Seongnam).

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
1)I know about him.
2)Will he play for Korea?
3)Josip Šimić is an attacker,not a midfielder,at least that was the case while he was playing in Europe.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Purger said:
1)I know about him.
2)Will he play for Korea?
3)Josip Šimić is an attacker,not a midfielder,at least that was the case while he was playing in Europe.
The previous Korean coach, Humberto Coehlo, did ask the KFA if he'd be allowed to play Jasenko if/when he took Korean citizenship (cultural sensitivity and all that...) and the KFA said yes, but then they discovered he'd played for Croatia at a certain level which meant he couldn't switch to the Korean national team. He's played for the Croatian U21 side but he must have played higher than that (U23? Olympic qualifiers?) because players can switch nationalities even if they've played U21...

I don't think Simic played too much for Ulsan this past season, and when he did he played back in the midfield as he was way down the pecking order for an attacking slot there.

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
Holyjoe said:
The previous Korean coach, Humberto Coehlo, did ask the KFA if he'd be allowed to play Jasenko if/when he took Korean citizenship (cultural sensitivity and all that...) and the KFA said yes, but then they discovered he'd played for Croatia at a certain level which meant he couldn't switch to the Korean national team. He's played for the Croatian U21 side but he must have played higher than that (U23? Olympic qualifiers?) because players can switch nationalities even if they've played U21...

I don't think Simic played too much for Ulsan this past season, and when he did he played back in the midfield as he was way down the pecking order for an attacking slot there.
1)I think he did play a couple of matches for the Croatian senior team.
2)Just showes how bad he has become.
3)What is the time in Korea now?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hrvatino said:
Damn that club of Sabotvic have a lot of stars above the logo, does one star stand for 10 championship titles in Korea to?
No, the K-League has only been on the go for 21 seasons, so one star equals one title. His club joined the league in 1989 so that's six titles in 15 years, which is not bad going (though the league's a lot bigger nowadays than it was when they won their first few).

·
Registered
69,687 Posts
is Josip Kuze the manager of the club or does he work in the club? I know before he managed Inter Zapresic that he had a job in Asia.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HajdukSplit said:
is Josip Kuze the manager of the club or does he work in the club? I know before he managed Inter Zapresic that he had a job in Asia.
No, he's not working in Korea. We've got two 'foreign' coaches in the K-League... some Brazilian bloke at Pohang and Ian Porterfield (hopeless ex-Aberdeen boss) at Busan I'cons.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts