1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[click here...]
Tuesday, May 14, 2002

Jarni - Croatia can do without Tudor

ZAGREB, May 14 (Reuters) - Croatia's winger Robert Jarni believes the squad has enough potential to overcome the absence of injured defender Igor Tudor at the World Cup.

The 23-year old Juventus player underwent ankle surgery last week after aggravating an injury he had been nursing for most of this season.

'Tudor was excellent in the qualifying games and has turned into an extraordinary player. But we have several other players who can play in his position,' Jarni told Jutarnji List daily on Tuesday.

Jarni, 33, added that the squad had already bade farewell to stalwarts like captain Zvonimir Boban and midfielder Aljosa Asanovic since finishing third at the 1998 World Cup in France.

'We did not cry over their departure then and we will not be lamenting Tudor's absence now,' he said.

Croatia are grouped with Italy, Mexico and Ecuador and play their opening game against Mexico on June 3.

Jarni, whose career has included spells at Juventus, Real Betis and Real Madrid, played for Panathinaikos this season but is looking to move on.

'I have an excellent offer from the premier league,' he said, but declined to reveal the name of the club.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
ERO CONFIDENT....

Ero is confident as well..........................

That he can go through an entire post without making a spelling mistake....oh sorry...typo....:rolleyes: :D

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Jure that's enough, otherwise you'll have your chewey toy privelages revoked ;)

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
amm, would you believe it was done on purpose ?;)

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
nope... we are pretty sure it was not;-)

I find it extremly hard to believe how you wrote 10,000 word essay without one single typo... from ur post around here, it seems that you are keeping spell checker companies in the business by yourself ;-)

:eek: :D :cool: :rolleyes: ;) :eek: :dazed: ;)

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
10,000 ??!!!!!

r u crazy man !!??

heaps of typo's, and spelling, but hey, it's all right :)

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
I look at the players we have now and I too am confident.

We have good footballers and a blend of youth and experience.

........and we shall wipe the slated clean of these so called footballing nations and prove that the Croats are the world's FINEST, the only deserving ones that remain......

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
ah Ljubuski, as always, an original post :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts