Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

a few months ago i read an article in a website saying that maybe Jardel might be able to qualify to play for portugal.

I know that according to FIFA rules once you play for a country - not including friendlies, you are not allowed to play for another. Did he play for brazil at any such time.

F_rog - long live benfica

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Yep, Jardel has some Brazil caps. However I'm not sure if i would like him to play for Portugal. Say that we would win euro 2000 and Jardel scores the important goals. That wouldnt feel very genuine at all.

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who cares?

Djorkaeff is Armenian
Zidane is Algerian
Elliot is English, not Scottish
Vieira is from Senegal, not France
Oceano was Mozambiquan (i think)

The whole French team were practically born in French speaking former colonies, but have moved to France and gained a French passport and citizenship.

Imagine the French team if they all had to be born in France.
I say we snap up Jardel if in the unlikely event he does want to play for us and would be allowed to.

------------------
FROM DA UK PORTISTA
VIVA O PORTO!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd have no problem with it either! I think if we had Jardel we would be unstoppable! But I think he has played for Brazil and not just friendlies! He was left off their national team again for Amoroso! They must be crazy!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
yeah, but all those guys have played for france and in france for all their career. except Trezeguet. So for Jardel to suddenly become portuguese...well I just dont know.

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts