Xtratime Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Valencia plan talks with £10m Jardel

Thursday 16th May 2002

Valencia president Jaime Orti has revealed the Liga champions expect to sign Mario Jardel from Sporting for £10 million. "We should have landed him a while ago," he said. "If it was up to me, Jardel would already be here."

The player travels to Spain in the next few days and confirmed a transfer was on the cards. "I want my future settled next week," he declared. "It's natural other clubs are interested in me."

Orti explained that previous Valencia coaches had blocked moves for the prolific striker.

"Any player that comes to the club is here with the approval of the coach. The proof that our coaches make the final decisions is that Jardel is not already here."

But current boss Rafa Benitez has already stated that he could accommodate the giant frontman at the Mestalla.

"We must continue to build for the future and Jardel is obviously a great forward," he told onefootball.com recently.

The Spanish club's board gave the go-ahead for representatives to begin negotiations in March.

Valencia attempted to sign the 28-year-old in the 2000-01 season, but former coach Hector Cuper pulled the plug when Porto demanded a huge fee.

The Brazilian joined Primeira champions Sporting from Galatasaray last summer. He fired the Lions to their first Double in 20 years with over 50 goals in all competitions.
(www.onefootball.com)

Excellent choice! Hope this one goes through. We can use an efficient striker like Jardel any day.

G

·
10 mil euros is cheap for the amount of goals Jardel could bring Valencia...I would still, however prefer Tamudo. He's used of spanish La Liga is coming off a really good season and is younger than Jardel...either way Jardel is a great goal poacher,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts