Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mario Jardel hopes to use his £18.8 million transfer to Galatasaray as a springboard back into the Brazil side.

The striker, due in Istanbul on Monday to sign a four-year contract, said: "This move will help me get into the national team. And I also want to win the Champions’ League with Galatasaray. That is very important.

"With Porto we had no chance of winning such a trophy. But with players like Hagi, Popescu, Capone and Boksic we can beat anyone.

"I hope I will succeed in Turkey. Scoring goals is my job. And I’ve heard that people in Turkey like players who score goals in every match."

Jardel's move would not have been possible without the help of compatriot and Brazil international goalkeeper Claudio Taffarel.

Gala's new hitman, who scored 52 goals in all competitions last season, added: "I chose Galatasaray because they have a very good name in Europe. I have spoken to Taffarel about Galatasaray and he said to me: ‘Welcome to heaven, Jardel.’

Board member Mehmet Cansun admitted that the deal, which is due to be formally announced at a press conference after the prolific striker has completed a medical, would have been a struggle had it not been for Taffarel's input.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
wow...I have even less respect for him now.

G

·
My GOD that's what u call a DOG how can he do this 2 us... WHILE he was getting his cash at PORTUGAL he wasn't complaining now he is in (GOD FORBID) GALATASARAY...

Get KOLLER as soon as possible...

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
I also read these comments in a Turkish newspaper. He should have never said thise things for u.

I think he will be very happy. He will arrive and sign tomoorow. Its gonna be a great day for me :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well guys sorry left but they all say " i'm very happy at this club and i dont want to leave." but when they get a better offer they leave straight away!

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jardel is thick!

Mario Jardel has little knowledge of European football what so ever. He comes from a poor background and is probably not educated very well. So Galatasaray's powers of persuasion seem to have done the trick to convince him to sign for a club he thinks he can guide to Champions League glory.

If Jardel was offered more money by Metalurgs Liepaja, he would sign for them. He would still believe they would win the Champions League as well is that's what a fellow player told him.

This guy is a major THICKO and would jump off a cliff if Taffarel told him there was a pot of gold at the bottom of the cliff.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Jardel thinks that Gala, a team that won the UEFA Cup on Penalties against Arsenal are ready to take the Champions League. He must pretty confused. Surely he will improve the team, they were probably be knocked out in the first round just like this year..

what an idiot

He should have waited for a big club to sign him

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
money can make people say and do strange things...

G

·
That's not cool at all!!! How does he think he got the contract that he did? His teammates where the one's feeding him the ball! I thought last year Porto had a legit chance of winning the CL!!! What's he think he was the one bringing up the ball through the whole field and scoring??? Hell no, the Porto team played very well around him and made him a better striker! You don't bite the hand that fed you and he just did! I just lost respect for Jardel I used to think he was the most underrated player in the world but now he deserves exactly what he gets!!!

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
How this move will help him into Brazil's squad is beyond me.....

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Soprano, it's nice to read those comments coming from a Sporting fan who backed us in Europe. I always back Portuguese teams in Europe, even if it isn't Porto. I was appauled when Benfica lost 7-0 to Celta, but also, slightly amused :)

When it comes to domestic football, then that's a different story :)

Your right Marco, Jardel just blew his chances of getting back into the Brazil team and frankly I just don't care anymore.

G

·
Well let him think what he wants !!!i don't know but i have a feeling that he is gonna be just like ZAHOVIC not getting his way then wanting 2 return 2 PORTO.Also like DORIVA who wanted 2 return earlier in the season... U guys know what would be good? If PORTO got drawn with GALATASARAY in the CL & slaughtered them ohh how i wish...

Have u guys seen JARDEL'S latest statement !!! one day i should return !!! what a load of SH!T ...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I do not understand you Porto fans !
Jardel did lots of great things for Porto ! How can you forget that so easy ? Didn't he made you screaming ,jumping after his hundreds of goals ?
Porto is a great club in Portugal and in Europe.But Galatasaray is in the same level as well.This is not my idea it is obvious.And plus they are richer than Porto i think.Because they are in financial crisis but they can buy Jardel and Boksic by spending 46 million dollars.
There is another point, Clubs are more important than the players .So Porto was great before Jardel.You were the European Champions with Futre,Rui Barros and Madjer.They have gone others came.And you will replace him.
The difference between the great clubs and little clubs must be that.
Also players are always like that.They sign and they say "I was a .....fan when i was a kid now i am so happy to wear that shirt"
So , Jardel can not be a Galatasaray fan and he said things like that.Ignore him.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
HI GUYS ,
long time i don't show up here:)
Jardel is a very thick person, when he played for gremio and was going to play the Toyota cup , he arrived in Tokio and said the following:
"WOW, here in Japan they got loads of imported cars".:):)
He will never play for brazil in the regular basis..THANK GOODNESS!:):)

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
I knew it...

See...
That is why I never liked him. Not because he played for Porto, but because I just didn't like his character. He seems like a complete idiot. :eek:

And blackeagle I am sure he didn't do whatever he did for the love for Porto. After what he said, I doubt that he was ever a Porto fan... expect for their $$.

I hate backstabbing, arrogant people. He should have a little more respect...

I have said it before and I'll say it again, "I hate Jardel". And this has nothing to do with clubs. I like Schmeichel, for example. (Well not as much as I used to like him before he played for Sporting)

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Anyone who thinks that Galatasary is even nearly as good as Porto and can win the champions league must surely be a fool.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hehehehe I just thought I would dig this thread up again to remmind a few non-Portista's what Jardel said when he left for Gala and to remind the Benfiquista's what they face if they dare buy this ego-maniac :)

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
to many headers have scrambled his brains.

·
Registered
986 Posts
i'll gladly take him if he scores the same amount of goals for benfica that he scored for porto.

As for playing for brazil he won't get a look until he moves to italy and scores some goals.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts