Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite a story.. :rolleyes:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nakamura set to join Real Madrid
TOKYO (AP) -- J-League first division side Yokohama F Marinos said Saturday it has reached a basic agreement with Spanish powerhouse Real Madrid for the transfer of 23-year-old midfielder Shunsuke Nakamura.

Under the agreement, Nakamura would move to Real Madrid on an estimated US$3 million transfer fee after this summer's World Cup finals, to be co-hosted by Japan and South Korea.

"Nothing is in writing yet but we have made a promise with Real Madrid," said Katsunori Nakamura, head of general affairs at Yokohama.

Nakamura's agent said that the deal is expected to finalized next month.

While he has struggled to secure a spot on the national side under coach Philippe Troussier, Nakamura is considered to be one of the most promising young players in Japan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first asian player in Madrid ?

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Sounds more like Perez wanting more out the Japanese market. Similar to what Perugia started with Nakata, the question isn't about the player's skill (in our squad, he might never get a chance), as much as exploiting Madrid in the japanese market.

The player would still get the benefit of playing with the best team in the world, but i don't see how he will break-through to the first team under any circumstances.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
The first thing that comes to my mind.....

which La liga club are we going to loan him out to?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Nakamura is supposedly to be the next 'big' thing in Japanese soccer after Nakata. On some previous internationals, Nakata was not recalled simply because of this guy. It remains to see how much he'll improve if he joins Madrid.
And Che, it does not make great economical sense to loan your golden goose out. Fans want to see idols in their dream team, not another jersey... ;)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Obviously to exploit the vast echonimical possibilities in Asia (and especially Japan). Real Madrid are tremendously popular in Japan and sooner or later this had to happen.

I don`t think he will be loaned out. He should be a part of the squad, but he could play for Real Madrid B, I expect them to play in la segunda next season so he could get some useful experience.

·
Registered
526 Posts
el niño said:

I don`t think he will be loaned out. He should be a part of the squad, but he could play for Real Madrid B, I expect them to play in la segunda next season so he could get some useful experience.
Unless he has a European passport he would not be able to play for Real Madrid B (unless the promote up to Segunda A). Do you really think they'll promote? They don't call the lower divisions "the hole" for nothing.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Real swoop for £2m Nakamura

Sunday 27th January 2002

Yokohama F Marinos have confirmed that Japan midfielder Shunsuke Nakamura will join Real Madrid after the World Cup finals. The former J-League Player of the Year will cost the Spanish champions £2 million.

The two clubs agreed the move for the 23-year-old left-sided player at the end of last week – and the Marinos announced the move on Saturday, the same day Nakamura signed a new deal with the Yokohama club which includes a clause allowing him to leave the club in mid-season.

The move is a major boost for Nakamura, who has struggled since being name J-League Player of the Year at the end of 2000.

He was a member of Philippe Troussier's team that won the Asian Cup in Lebanon in October 2000 and was also part of the squad that reached the quarter-finals of the Olympic Games.

Since then, though, Nakamura has become something of an outcast. He was publicly vilified after Japan's 5-0 loss to France in Paris last March and has only been selected for Japan on two occasions since.

Troussier, a known advocate of team ethics ahead of individualism, was known to dislike Nakamura's rise to stardom within Japan and believed that the player lost focus as a result.

This week Nakamura suggested he had undergone a change in attitude and that the Frenchman's treatment was finally paying dividends. "If I show that I'm willing to die for it, I think I have a chance," Nakamura said of his hopes to make the World Cup squad.

"I have no choice but to try and make an impression in the time ahead of me. I think I'm at a point where if I let up even one day, I'm out. Everyday counts for me."

Last week Real Madrid president Florentino Perez admitted he was interested in bringing Michael Owen, Andriy Shevchenko, Patrick Vieira, Rivaldo, and Hernan Crespo to the club.

Real sports director Jorge Valdano added that Perez would stick to the club's tried-and-tested transfer policy. "We don't take risks anymore: we are only interested in the top players," he said.

And Real's marketing manager Jose Sanchez explained that a fee would not be a problem for any new signings Using the example of £49 million signing Zidane, Sanchez explained: "Zidane was expensive but he is already profitable. He has opened new markets for us."

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:
Sounds more like Perez wanting more out the Japanese market. Similar to what Perugia started with Nakata, the question isn't about the player's skill (in our squad, he might never get a chance), as much as exploiting Madrid in the japanese market.

The player would still get the benefit of playing with the best team in the world, but i don't see how he will break-through to the first team under any circumstances.
Perfectly put.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I do agree with the point of for economic reason to introduce Nakamura.

But as a Asian, I believe his in is hopeful especially in a technical team like R.M.

Who now Perez, give him some Chinese candidate
:D :D :D

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Nakamura is a good player ! He is a great set piece taker and I think he can play for the "B" team but not in our current squad ! It's loaded man !

I'm confused with Real sometimes they are planning to buy Sheva,Nesta,Vieira !!! That would be CRAZY cause then Real would have

1. Raul
2. Figo
3. Zidane
4. R.Carlos
5. Sheva
6. Nesta
7. Vieira

That would mean Real would have 7 of the world's best player !!!!!

Where would u put Nakamura??;)

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
If he ever comes to Madrid, he'll be 3rd choice like Inamoto is in Highbury.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Juanele said:

Unless he has a European passport he would not be able to play for Real Madrid B (unless the promote up to Segunda A). Do you really think they'll promote? They don't call the lower divisions "the hole" for nothing.
Why not? I think Madrid has a group of possible champions on their hands, a new quinta del buitre perhaps? Valdo, Ernesto, Portillo, Sousa, Borja, Miñambres, Ruben, Raúl Bravo and Carlos...all excellent players. They are top of their group you know...

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
el niño said:
...play for Real Madrid B, I expect them to play in la segunda next season ..
Isn't there some rules in place so that the B teams could advance so high in divisions? I remembered reading it somewhere when Real Madrid B was on for promotion to join the senior squad in Primeria. :confused:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
el niño said:
...play for Real Madrid B, I expect them to play in la segunda next season ..
Isn't there some rules in place so that the B teams couldn't advance so high in divisions? I remembered reading it somewhere when Real Madrid B was on for promotion to join the senior squad in Primeria. :confused:

·
Registered
526 Posts
el niño said:

Why not? I think Madrid has a group of possible champions on their hands, a new quinta del buitre perhaps? Valdo, Ernesto, Portillo, Sousa, Borja, Miñambres, Ruben, Raúl Bravo and Carlos...all excellent players. They are top of their group you know...
Being at the top of the group in Segunda B doesn't matter a whole lot. All you have to be is in the top 4. And then you get put into a Liguilla at the end of the season just to determine who promotes.

·
Registered
526 Posts
cliffordil said:

Isn't there some rules in place so that the B teams couldn't advance so high in divisions? I remembered reading it somewhere when Real Madrid B was on for promotion to join the senior squad in Primeria. :confused:
The B squad can't be in the same division as the senior squad. I recall when Atletico Madrid B were in the promotion range to Primera a few seasons ago. Well they couldn't go up to Primera because of their senior squad. So if the senior squad gets demoted than the B squad will go down another division as well if there is a conflict.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
The Atletico team story is quite ironic in itself, because that one year Atletico B won promotion (1998/99), and couldn't get promoted because Atletico Madrid just saved their butts from relegation in the end. This meant that the status quo was kept, both teams stayed were they were (meaning the B team just didn't promote, the A team obviously did't relegate as they won their life in Primera... all because the rules say the same franchise can't field two teams in the first division).

What is ironic about this whole situation is that one year later Atletico relegated from the Primera, but unfortunately for them this time around the B team wasn't as succesful and couldn't replace them there...!:howler:
there's only 1 situation I can think of, when this actually happened in top class football - maybe you are aware, or maybe not, but in the Dutch league, the Ere Divisie, there's a team called Willem II Tiburg. As the name obviously suggests this is the 2nd team of Willem Tiburg:D
At some point in history this very rare situation must've taken place, and instead of the A team they actually had the B team playing for them in the top flight. And so it stayed...
Of course what this means is that all the good players are transfered back to the B team and play in the top flight.

I know it's ridiculous, but that's why this situation is so incredible. i am really wondering what would've happened had we witnessed this with Atletico Madrid back in that season - Atletico isn't exactly some Willem Tiburg, and with their history I'm sure they would've hoped to have their A team back in Primera as soon as possible, because you have to admit it looks really stupid having the B team representing you worldwide. Who do you support? uh, ermmmm... Atletico B?:rolleyes::duh:
ROTFL:howler:
So we would've probably seen one of the most awkward situations in football... the A team battling their guts out to win back promotion, and if they came close to acheiving it, the B team would probably start forfitting their games in the Primera Liga, so the more representative situation would be reached once again:howler::dielaugh:

Quite funny, ey?:D:D:D

Atletico really got unlucky with that, although when i think what would've happened because of that switch around I tend to think it was good for football in general:howler:

of course when Atletico relegated, and the B team didn't win promotion it meant automatic relegation for the B team, because they still couldn't be in the same league (not that it mattered at the time, since they were poised for relegation anyway i thinK:eek:).

These kind of situations can't happen everywhere though, cause I for instance know for a fact, that in Poland the B team has to be at least 2 divisions lower than the A team. This automatically rules out such situations, and although it looks all good and great on paper we actually had some problems with it, when our home team Lech Poznan relegated to the 2nd division and in the process our B team automatically went to the 4th, despite the fact they were o course to winning promotion to the 3rd in reality!:eek: Talk about injutice, ey? Really stupid situation for the youngsters there:eek:

Anyway, the big thing for the B teams in SPain is that they can play foreigners if they by some chance manage promotion to Segunda Division. In my relative short time of following football only Atletico Madrid and Barcelona have had a B team in the Segunda. A Sporting Gijon B is going around my head, but I' far from certain about that:embarass:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts