Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Turkey (PKs)

Votes: 1 4.5%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This game it's so even that it's almost impossible to pick a winner IMO. Slight advantage to the Japanese for home field advantage

·
Registered
96 Posts
TURKEY

My heart says Turkey, my brain says everything can happen.
Turkey in a good day will definately beat Japan, but will we be in a good day?

·
Registered
765 Posts
I voted for Turkey on PKs - Japan have most fighting spirit. Turkey most experienced players. If the Turks keep it cool and don't get a man sent off, I guess they could settle things in ordinary time but as I am certain that one player will get sent off - it will be a struggle for Turkey to hold on to a draw.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
People it will be 1:0 for Turkey !!! :cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Japans must be one of the most respected nation in the world. I am sorry to play against them and Iwill be sorry when Turkey eliminate them.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
japan will find it hard against turkey's phsyical game. but with home crowd once again. i think japan can go through.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Turkey .... Wins .... I want them to advance ....

I just dont like the home sides winning anything, that is too unfair......and too fishy !! :lala:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
oh come on Colocolo, these are the only reasons you want Turkiye to win?:( I hoped you love our football! That would be a great reason....

Anyways, I think this match will be one of the most interesting ones. The crowd will push the players, and not only the japanese players.

I saw the Germany and England matches today, and both were boring. Like they didn`t play in the WC. They were playing like they don`t want to go further. Very dioppointing. :( maybe the reason was also the very silent fans (Except the english ones).

I expect a very exciting game with very good moves from both sides.A lot of goal chances, missing goals, drama. It will be very thrilling. And noone will dominate the game. Turkey will win by scoring 1 goal in the last minutes! :fero:

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Turkey. Japan, as good as they have been playing, are by no means big goalscorers. Turkey, being the defensive team that it is, should have no problem weathering the Japan attack and putting a goal or two in when it counts. In fact their defensive play will let them get to the semis, which is fine by me because I like Turkey.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Japan with the players on form right now will be good for a win.
Maybe the Turkish players will get frustrated and get themselves sent off.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I think Turkey will win. Japan haven't really proven anything yet as, although they won their group, they faced no real competition. I think Turkey have the experience and better squad so should win. However as Japan have home advantage it will be close. 2-1 Turkey.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Prince-T said:

Korea will...
They will lose to Italy 5 hours after Japan loses to us ;)

Unless the referee's help the hosts, we should win....

No way, Japan is a better team, they are faster in better physical condition and are playing at home. They will cook you guys too bad it is not November, beacuse I'm in the mood for some stuufed turkey. I've read in a couple of posts how referees might help or have help S. Korea and Japan. Bunch of rubbish, both host nations are playing tremendous football, give credit where credit is due.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Prince-T said:

Unless the referee's help the hosts, we should win....
Well it's being officiated by my fave Mr. Collina! And unless it's time for a change in fortune, this should be a good omen (no Turkish club/NT has lost when he's been in charge). I HOPE fortunes won't differ on this occasion (pleeease...)

Whatever the outcome, as long as we play with heart, I'll be proud of what we have achived (maybe, I'll just cry for 2 months, that's all).

1 - 20 of 46 Posts