Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Japan needs a win plus and Ivory Coast loss (to a Greek team who hasn't scored yet) so it will be very hard for the Japanese to replicate their performance in South Africa. Nonetheless, there still is that chance and small glimmer of hope for them.

My prediction: Japan 0-2 Colombia

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Japan has been so disappointed, miles behind the great team of 2010. Realistically, 2-0 win for Colombia.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Colombia should tank. If they draw or win, they'll face the hard-tackling big-biting Charruas instead of the leisurely Costa Ricans in the next round.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Jose is God! I love that fella, what he just made for Mondragon...I whish the best for him always

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
grande colombia!!! jeez what a fest woudl be to be in Colombia right now! ricoooooooooooo

·
Registered
42,711 Posts
How reminiscent is this campaign to Japan's 2006 WC?

1st game in 2006: they take the lead against Australia, end up conceding last 3 goals to lose 3-1.

1st game in 2014: take the lead against Ivory Coast, end up conceding last 2 goals to lose 2-1.

2nd game in 2006: crappy 0-0 draw vs. Croatia, Ogasawara misses a chance I would've buried.

2nd game in 2014: crappy 0-0 draw vs. 10 man Greece, 'nuff said.

3rd match in 2006: 1-4 defeat vs. Brazil, Tamata opens the scoring with a lovely worked goal, Brazil score the last four.

3rd match in 2014: 1-4 defeat vs. Colombia, well this just happened.

Hopefully they have a defense in 2018. And a better coach.

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
If this is colombia without falcao then what a scary NT...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts