Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No doubt over the next month there are gonna be some stupid rumours and maybe some true ones

just stick em all in here

the major deals can have their own topic of course, but if its only a rumour then stick it here please :)

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
so, aside from rumours - who do ye Roma fans really intend to purchase come January..? In which areas do your trappings need some refining to pave the way towards an unusual double?

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
A quality left wingback to replace Lima is what we need most. I doubt it will happen though with all the finansial problems surrounding the club.
I will be perfectly happy if we just keep all our players for the time being.

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
The Giallorossi are locked in a bidding war with Premiership clubs for promising defender Daniel van Buyten.

“We do not want to sell Daniel,” insisted Olympique Marseille President Cristophe Bouchet, “but we have received offers from Italy and England.”

The 26-year-old Belgian international has attracted interest from all the top European clubs over the last couple of seasons.

Van Buyten is particularly appetising for Roma due to his height, as he stands at 1.97m and was their joint top scorer last season with eight goals.

However, Fabio Capello faces competition from the likes of Manchester United, Newcastle and Juventus for the international.

>>>>>

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Could this mean that Roma will sell Samuel to someone for an exagerated amount of money (Real, Chelsea) ?

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
No, it means once again someone is making up completely ridiculous transfer rumours.
We definitely don't need new defenders and also Vay Buyten is supposedly going to most top clubs in Europe since June he should've been signed by like 30 clubs already according to the rumours.;)

·
Registered
58,017 Posts
Of course Roma don't need him. Man Utd and Juve certainly do. With Juve's crappy ageing defence and with Rio's suspension, BOTH will be very interested in Van Buyten IMO.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Interview with Chivu on Romanian TV:

Reporter: Have you heard that ManU is interested in acquiring you?

Chivu: Quite a few clubs are interested, but I already have a club which I love and where I am very happy (Roma ;) )

Reporter: If you had to pick between ManU and Chelsea, which one would you prefer?

Chivu: Roma! :)

Forza Chivu!

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
GloryHunter said:
Interview with Chivu on Romanian TV:

Reporter: Have you heard that ManU is interested in acquiring you?

Chivu: Quite a few clubs are interested, but I already have a club which I love and where I am very happy (Roma ;) )

Reporter: If you had to pick between ManU and Chelsea, which one would you prefer?

Chivu: Roma! :)

Forza Chivu!
Ha ha ha ha ha ha! :howler: ;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Roma enter van Buyten battle Saturday 27 December, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Giallorossi are locked in a bidding war with Premiership clubs for promising defender Daniel van Buyten.

¡§We do not want to sell Daniel,¡¨ insisted Olympique Marseille President Cristophe Bouchet, ¡§but we have received offers from Italy and England.¡¨

The 26-year-old Belgian international has attracted interest from all the top European clubs over the last couple of seasons.

Van Buyten is particularly appetising for Roma due to his height, as he stands at 1.97m and was their joint top scorer last season with eight goals.

However, Fabio Capello faces competition from the likes of Manchester United, Newcastle and Juventus for the international.

channel4

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Carson is it really necesarry to post a rumour which has already been posted a few posts earlier by our main moderator Primo...

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Roma's new President?

Claudio Toti, along with his brother Pierluigi, met up with representatives of the giallorossi on Thursday afternoon.

Speculation is that the meeting was about the possibility of Toti becoming the new Roma President at the end of the season.

The brothers already own the basketball team Lottomatic Roma, so they are not new in the sports field.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sartor has just left to Ancona

we eed him really for this next match, but instead we let him go to Ancona :rolleyes:

Good buy for Ancona really as Ive always rated Sartor as a good defender!!!

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Deano said:
Sartor has just left to Ancona

we eed him really for this next match, but instead we let him go to Ancona :rolleyes:

Good buy for Ancona really as Ive always rated Sartor as a good defender!!!
good for Ancona...but they need good strickers and one keeper not defenders:eek:

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
01/19/2004. According to reports in Italy, AS Roma could be looking to bring Lecce star Javier Ernesto Chevanton to the club next season.

The Giallorossi, current Serie A leaders, are set to be on the lookout for a new striker, with Marco Delvecchio looking increasingly likely to depart the club in June, and Vincenzo Montella frequently on the sidelines.

Roma boss Fabio Capello is thought to be a huge admirer of Chevanton and would be delighted with the chance to sign the Lecce frontman.

Chevanton fuelled the rumours by declaring "I'm still a very young player and I want the chance to mature as a footballer by playing for an important club next season."

That important club could very well be Roma and expect the Giallorossi to keep close tabs on the Uruguayan as a long term replacement for Delvecchio, who has failed to impress so far this season.

Ross Catanzariti

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
01/19/2004. AS Roma look set to exercise the clause in the John Carew deal that enables them to sign the player outright from Valencia.

The Norwegian has impressed since joining the Giallorossi on loan and was on target in yesterday's 3-1 win over Sampdoria.

The Italian club can sign Carew before the last day of March for eight million euros and that is what they are intent on doing according to Spanish daily Marca.
SA Italy

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Real Madrid want Totti

Real Madrid want Francesco Totti. According to La Gazzetta Dello Sport, the Spanish giants have a list of players they want for next season: Van Nistelroy of Manchester United, Henry of Arsenal, Maldini of Milan, Owen of Liverpool, and Il Nostro Capitano. They are prepared to pay Roma 35 million Euro for the fuoriclasse Italiano.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts