Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should we do in January?
I say: sacrifice Frey, selling him to Inter and get Carini + money. Then we should get central defender and a playmaker. Castellini (our ex) is not playing much with Samp and wants to leave, he could do fine. A playmaker will cost us, so that will be difficult.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Yes i think we need a quality, experienced central defender, as well as a top quality attacking / creative mid of the same skill level as Marchionni/ Morfeo / Bresc who can fill in for any injuries (ie Morfeo) .. i dont think Rosina / Pisanu can cut it as a Morfeo replacement.

I don't know if it's worth sacrifising Frey though. He is our rock. However from what i saw of Carini in the second half of the Inter game he seems to have talent.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Even if Seba is my 2nd hero after Gila, I agree with Mario in selling him and get Carini instead. If we would get just anyone else, an average keeper, than we MUST keep Frey. But Carini looks good, he is also a nice prospect for the future.
We surely need a central defender and I still would love to get Adani who just recovered from his long injury. Castellini is also fine, but Adani is better IMO. I would be even happy with someone like Montero, Kaladze etc.
I dont think that we need a creative midfielder, we are okay with Morfeo. We can't afford to have two number 10s in our thin squad.
But I would also go for a striker already, Rolando Bianchi is closed down behind Zola,Langella and Esposito, he would be nice.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Loan some experienced players. No need to sell and buy.

Look at Juventus. I'm sure we could loan some of their central defenders. They have plenty. One of Iuliano, Montero or Legrottaglie should be obtainable. Montero is a butcher though but he's also a leader and that's what we need.

I don't think we need a new striker. Isn't Maccarone supposed to be back soon? I'd rather go for a new winger.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Maccarone has been back for the past few weeks. Thats exactly the point - we play with one striker, and that striker we have is fantastic, and we have a pretty reasonable replacement in Maccarone. For our line-up, i think thats enough.

However, for our attacking mids, we have 3 very well-established and great players, but after them, the quality is lacking (Rosina, Degano, Pisanu), which is why i think we need another experienced, quality attacking mid (even as verdi said perhaps just another winger) who can fill in any gaps left my injury.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
That is what I mean. Bianchi is not a central striker, he would fit in one of the 3 positions behind Gila. We definetely need someone there as back-ups for Bresc, Mimmo and Marco.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I think that would be more of a luxury to be honest to have a decent back-up for the 3 attacking midfielders.

I would suggest playing Simplicio further forward if one of the three get injured.

I just wonder how better we could of been if we signed Rocchi instead of Massimo. He has been very good at Lazio, and having Rocchi I would feel more confident playing 2 upfront.

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
There is no need to sacrifice our CAPTAIN. Shabani Nonda is availbe on a free transfer, we should sign him. This is exactly what we need :

Striker __NONDA

Attacking Midfielder__Bianchi__Van Der Meyde( he hardly plays) We really need creative players. I disagree Breciano is not very creative player but he is decent.

The most important defender__ Montero, Legrottaglie, Iuliano and Kaladze ( there are a lot of defenders warming up benches)

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
We won't get Van Der Meyde, he is too good for us. And for Nonda it seems that other teams want him too...

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
We won't sign no-one along the lines of Legro, Montero, Van Der Meyde or the likes.

I was a very keen admirer of Shabani Nonda a few seasons back, and it was rumoured that we were interested in signing him, but along with the others, I don't think he would sign for us.

I also remind you that Bresciano scored 8 league goals last season. They went a long way to last seasons success.

I don't like un-settling a side mid-season, because we still don't know our best 11 it seems, and bringing in another 3/4 new players will just make it a longer process. On the other hand, I don't feel we can carry on with the current crop of defenders. I don't think it's worth holding onto Beppe Cardone, it's December and he still hasn't kicked a ball for us, if this is the same situation come January, financially we would be better off letting go of him. Bovo can return to Roma also.

That would leave us with - Bonera, Contini, Potenza, Ferronetti, Cannavaro, Camara.

I feel we need a centre-back, and if we can afford to another defender. Like I've said we need a strong commanding presence who is reasonable in the air. I am confident Potenza & Ferronetti can grow as players, but they need a natural leader for guidance.

I wonder if the club has drawn up a shortlist of the sort?

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Amiu Cardone came on in the last 10 mins against Milan. He might be almost fit again - we'll see if he gets a run next week.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I'm quite sure Iuliano would agree to go to Parma. He's out of contract in June and we want him out.. or at least we would like for someone to help pay his wages for the reminder of his contract. We're trying to ship him to Russia, but I gather he'll much rather stay in Italy and his harem.

Montero is more difficult for Parma because his wages are better than IOuliano's and he is under contract until 2006. I also think his experience and leadership is exactly why Juve will not release as the first defender.

Legro... I think he represents too much value for Parma to have a chance. Especially in your current posiition in the league. Both in terms of his contract, and because we should conseivably be able to actually sell him in case we want him out. He represents too much value on our books to be allowed to leave dirt cheap.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
A possibility maybe Dellas of Roma. If we returned Bovo and got Dellas until June?

I don't know of Dellas status in the team, but I thought he wasn't playing, I would take Dellas, not the best defender but an improvement over Bovo, and fresh from the European Championships triumph.

Another name I would through in is; Natali. I don't know what his form has been like, but he is a fairly good defender in my opinion. I haven't seen him play for over a year now so things may of changed.

I wouldn't be suprised if we returned Zicu either. Maybe in return for Mario Rebecchi :D. I thought Zicu would get more playing time than he is, and after reading about Baldini's comments on his personal behaviour, maybe the club doesn't want him to remain.

Potentially a fair few players could swap hands, maybe even Rosina on-loan, it really all depends on how big a stir-up the board want to make.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Wow .. i totally forgot about Zicu. I know he hasn't got a run, but has he even been part of a squad at all this year ?

It looks like Baldini is favouring Rosina, Pisanu and Ruopolo over him. And they're behind Marco, Bresc and Dom so i doubt he'll ever get a run :D

·
Registered
46,513 Posts
I think that the appeal of Parma right now is rather low so I'm not sure that many players would leave another serie A club for Parma. They must be players who have no chance to play in the clubs in which they are now and who hardly have a chance to play in more solid clubs of serie A. Castellini for example would rather join Bologna than Parma.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Zicu has played this season, against Steaua for one, and he has featured in a few others aswell.

I read that were interested in Spinesi too from Serie B.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Sorry ... i meant Serie A.

He was always expected to play in Uefa / Coppa. I'm almost certain he hasn't even been on the bench for a Serie A game.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Spinesi has some problems with his temperment so maybe not him.......
If Cardone is coming back then we dont need a central defender either but we could go with a creative player like Mutu :D :D he is on a FREE transfer after all..... He'd be perfect ;)

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
MUTU back You on CRACK hahaha, he would be great, Imagine Gila_Mutu_Morfeo_Marchionni, One of the best in Serie A.

But i am more worried about the defense, we are takin more hits than David Blunkett

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Pride? I would rather get relegated than take back Mutu.

I think time for a signature change PTF.

1 - 20 of 227 Posts