Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been long since Roberto Carlos was rumoured to come back to Inter.

C4 just reported that, old Sacchi wanted to redo the Real's defense and wanted Chivu :wth: and R. Carlos would return to Inter :eek:

Inter need a Left back. of all the choices, wtf do we need R. Carlos for.

1) He is aged. :moan:
2) Hyped and Costly as his current club are. :crazy:
3) Reputed to be ill-disciplined and whore organizer. :flirt::drunk:
4) Off-form or Currently on Decline! :sigh:
5) Opens up the path way of the unthinkable Baldy Fatass return. Imagine 2 Calvos in the team :yuck:
6) Better and younger ones like Jankulovski, Cesar, Parisi, Chivu are surely better. :excited:

I say.. hijack Sacchi's deal...on Chivu. And if Gallas isnt very happy with Chelsea, as reported. Also, they are considerable. Both can play Left and Centre B.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Doesnt Chivu prefer to play in centre, we definitely could do with him in either position. To be honst I am not to impressed by Gallas, looks rather average. As for Thunderthings, he can stay where he is.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Now why would we want to get R Carlos? Just to have the best freekick takers in the world under one team?

Seriously, what we need is a solid LB who can defend as well as attack, someone like Jankulovski, Zambrotta, Ashley Cole etc.... Dammit, even a healthy Coco would be a better option than Carlos at this point in time.

Carlos has been on the decline for quite some time, especially defensively. Our problem is that our LBs are not balanced at all. Favalli can be solid defensively, but he seems to have mental lapses sometimes in the most dangerous situations. Also, his attacking is nothing special. Pasquale is still inexperienced and he simply cant fit into Mancini's formation because he's too hectic and unreliable at this point in time.

What we need is an established and proven LB who can take the pressure of Mancini's system and Inter's impatient fans & management.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I hope he stays at Madrid, in our current system, Chivu would work out wonders, considering how versatile he is by playing leftback and central defence. I would seriously intercept that transfer if the rumours are true about him going to Madrid. I've never forget reading the news about Chivu to Inter, and then he joined Roma :(, he is perfect for Inter, he is injury prone.

We need to find a central defender and a leftback, hence Chivu is a great option, although it would be nice to see him healthy, the leftback does not have to be totally offensive like R.Carlos, instead very smart defensively considering how our team is playing.

Another option would be to buy Bonera, and we could move Zanetti to left back, this is a bit less effective than having Chivu who is naturally a left sided player. But Bonera is a very skilled defender, as well as Italian (something we are missing)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Chivu wanted by Real Thursday 23 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma ace Cristian Chivu is wanted by Real Madrid, while the Spanish giants could sell Roberto Carlos to Inter.

Reports in Italy on Thursday claim that the Romanian is high on the wish list of new Real technical director Arrigo Sacchi.

The former Italy boss is keen to tighten things up defensively in Madrid and Chivu is a top priority.

The proposed swoop could be problematic though as the player is contracted to the Giallorossi until 2008.

Juventus and Milan are also likely to show an interest in the stopper if he becomes available for transfer.

Real may perhaps be in need of a new defender with speculation suggesting that Roberto Carlos is set to be sold.

The Brazilian’s relationship with Real is allegedly deteriorating and a January exit may even be on the cards.

Some whispers claim that Inter could bring him back to the club after he spent one season with the Nerazzurri in the mid 1990s.

The San Siro giants do have problems in the left-back role with Giuseppe Favalli, Giovanni Pasquale and Francesco Coco all failing to inspire.

The South American is a favourite of owner Massimo Moratti and boss Roberto Mancini is unlikely to block any move.

channel4

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry to hear that chivu is injured... a hell of a player he is.

There are also alternatives to him. Guys like Candela, Ferrari comes into mind :star:. Ashley Cole etc. (on the transfer end, not Roma)

BTW if Lippi can transform Zambrotta from right w. to left w. to Left Back, Kily who played for the Argies, at a sort-of wingback Role, can also be considered.... These days, tinkering on the player's may just be good. Expecially wingers, who can be utilized as just about any position on the field. Good 'o miha.. was a winger.. i heard.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
candela is old...arsenal won't let ashley cole go...

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Kily cant defend, it would be as good as having R.Carlos if we tried that. We can immediately rule out Cole, its not like he would leave Arsenal any time soon and we wouldnt know how he would take to serie A. Ferrari would be good but after his experience in Rome it shows he is mentally weak, he has complained about the abuse and critism he has received. To be fair it he would receive about the same amount if he made his return to Inter as we no how our players are shot down after a bad game. I think Bonera would be better suited IMO, as for the LB I reckon we should go for Parisi or convince Palermo to give us Grosso.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
If we really need a lb we should bring back Potenza from his loan at Parma. :smileani:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts