Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GABRIELE APPOINTED FOR BOLOGNA V INTER
Monday, 10 January 2005 14:58:38

MILAN - Wednesday's Tim Cup last sixteen return leg away to Bologna will be refereed by Marco Gabriele (Frosinone section). Yet to take charge of a Nerazzurri match in 2004/05, Gabriele has refereed Inter four times (three victories and a defeat). His last Inter match was the 3-0 win at home to Ancona on 9 November 2003. At the Dall'Ara on Wednesday Gabriele will be assisted by linesmen Gemignani (Inter 3-1 Udinese) and Niccolai (Siena 2-2 Inter), and by fourth official Brighi.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Carini will play, cuz Mancio said that he'll play in 1 of the 2 games with Bologna
and i think Recoba, Martins, Coco will play too :)

must win this game easely

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
lose, draw, win.. doesn't matter as long as we advance.

I really think the bench players need to play this one. Coco, Kara, Cruz, Recoba, Carini, Burdisso, Ze Maria.

Rest the starters for the next league match and give the others a chance to prove themselves.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Should rest players like Adriano.. but players like Recoba and Kara should get some minutes. Recoba usually plays very well against these sort of opponents.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
MANCINI NAMES SQUAD FOR BOLOGNA TRIP
Tuesday, 11 January 2005 16:05:28
APPIANO GENTILE - Roberto Mancini has called up 19 players for Wednesday's Coppa Italia TIM last sixteen return leg away to Bologna:

Goalkeepers: 12 Alberto Fontana, 15 Fabian Carini

Defenders: 2 Ivan Ramiro Cordoba, 3 Nicolas Burdisso, 13 Zé Maria , 23 Marco Materazzi, 24 Carlos Gamarra, 26 Giovanni Pasquale, 77 Francesco Coco

Midfielders: 5 Emre Belozoglu, 6 Cristiano Zanetti, 7 Andy van der Meyde, 8 Edgar Davids, 14 Juan Sebastian Veron, 17 Nicola Beati, 21 Georgos Karagounis, 25 Dejan Stankovic

Strikers: 20 Alvaro Recoba, 30 Obafemi Martins

=========================================

Good choice I'd say. :)

Mancini has left most of our starters behind for a much deserved rest, and opted for the bench warmers. :thmbup:

I would like to see Carini prove a point in this game, as Bologna will certainly field their best eleven in hopes of pulling one out. Should be a good game to show his true worth.

Coco also should be back in this match in order to get back into form. Burdisso deserves to start alongside Matrix or Cordoba. Also, for the first time this season, Gamarra has been called up! However, it wouldnt be too wise to pair him up with Burdisso as both players are really slow. Pitting them together for the first time in their careers against a team like Bologna in an important match like this would not be wise. Ze Maria should also start since he's the only RB in the squad, after Capitano's rest.

I wouldn't mind any combo of midfield Mancini fields as long as Karagounis gets to play and Stankovic gets to warm the bench. Stankovic needs to rest as his physical form hasn't been in the greatest of forms lately. Should be interesting to see if Davids and Veron will participate after their respective physical problems.

In attack, we only have Chino and Oba! Though potentially they're not the best of partnerships, a match as this will certainly give them the opportunity to prove themselves.

FORZA INTER!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Razman said:
I wouldn't mind any combo of midfield Mancini fields as long as Karagounis gets to play and Stankovic gets to warm the bench. Stankovic needs to rest as his physical form hasn't been in the greatest of forms lately. Should be interesting to see if Davids and Veron will participate after their respective physical problems.
Agreed. Karagounis has to play....he was great under Zac last season, he was excellent in Euro and then...no chances. Totally unfair, especially when Deki doesn't seem to be able to play that well on the wing, something Karagounis did a better job playing for his NT in Euro.

I'd like to see VDM on the right, Veron and Cambiasso on the center, and Karagounis on the left. This is my midfield for the Reggina game as well, so it will be good to give match practice to Veron and Karagounis and in the second half, subbing Cambiasso so he won't get tired.

My favourite central mid duo still is Davids-Veron, but putting them together when they are coming from injuries is a big risk. Cambiasso is in good form so he should start. VDM on the right to have a natural winger....Karagounis playing on the left and sometimes closing the middle, making a 4-3-3, like this:

-----------------------Cambiasso----------------------
-----------Veron--------------------Kara-----------
----VDM-----------------------------------Recoba-------------
-------------------------Martins--------------------------

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
http://www.goal.com/

Coppa Italia Preview: Last Sixteen, Leg 2
1/11/2005 3:40:00 PM

The Coppa Italia returns with some of the big guns risking early elimination unless they manage to win their second legs. (In brackets the results of the first legs)

Bologna-Inter (1-3)

Inter will travel to Bologna safe in the knowledge of having scored three goals in the first leg. However the Rossoblu’s only goal in the first match still keeps Mazzone’s side in with a chance of qualifying for the quarter finals. If Bologna do succeed in scoring a goal by half time without conceding any, then we might be in for an interesting and open encounter as Mancini will rest his main players and give a chance to his second string.

Prediction: 1-1 with Inter going through thanks to a 4-2 aggregate

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
BEATI: FIRST CALL-UP FOR 13 MONTHS
Tuesday, 11 January 2005 16:57:35
MILAN - Nicola Beati has been called up for a competitive first-team match for the first time since 3 December 2003 (Inter 2-1 Reggina in the Coppa Italia). Before today's call-up Beati, 21, played a friendly with the first team and had several outings with Inter Primavera, the team he captained to the national title in 2002.

Speaking to Inter.it the young midfielder, who suffered a serious knee injury in an Italian U20 match away to Libya on 12 February 2003 then had a stint on loan to Triestina before returning to Milan, said: "It's a wonderful emotion to be called up to the first team again. It brings back nice memories," said Beati to Inter.it. "I'm very pleased and I thank Roberto Mancini for this chance. For over a month now I've been feeling fine and I'm training regularly with the first team."

============

REGGINA V INTER: STANKOVIC DISQUALIFIED
Tuesday, 11 January 2005 19:24:11
MILAN - Dejan Stankovic's booking in the final minutes of Sunday's win at home to Sampdoria was his fourth yellow card of the season, which means the Serbia&Montenegro midfielder is automatically disqualified for one match and will therefore miss Saturday evening's Serie A Week 19 match away to Reggina.

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
MANCINI: "LET'S FORGET ABOUT THE 1ST LEG"
Tuesday, 11 January 2005 15:22:14
APPIANO GENTILE - Roberto Mancini news conference (1):

Could Juan Sebastian Veron be back in action tomorrow?
"Yes, I think so. If everything goes well today he could play, but whether it will be from the start or in the second half, we'll have to see. But he's fine and so far everything has gone well."

Has Veron been missed during this time out through injury?
"He has been missed because he's a great player. But the team has managed well without him, the recent victories have come without him. But he has certainly been missed."

Is the Coppa Italia important for you?
"It's important for us, we also want to win the Coppa Italia. We want to play a nice match and score goals in Bologna, we want to qualify for the quarter-finals. We won't be thinking about the 3-1 lead from the first leg."

Is Sunday's comeback against Samp one of your best memories?
"I've seen some important comebacks. But ours in six minutes was particularly nice. I think the emotion Recoba's third goal aroused was unique."

How would you judge your year if you won the Coppa Italia at the end of the season?
"We shouldn't think about these things now. Against Bologna we must concentrate on getting through the round. We must try and go as far as possible in every competition then we'll see what happens."

==============

MANCINI: "AN IMPORTANT MATCH TOMORROW"
Tuesday, 11 January 2005 15:44:18
APPIANO GENTILE - Roberto Mancini news conference (2):

Can Sunday's match against Sampdoria be considered a turning point?
"We'll soon see. I think the team is improving all the time. Matches like Sunday's one obviously give you something extra."

Massimo Moratti defined Alvaro Recoba as a genius. What do you think?
" Recoba is a genius, there's no doubt about that. Like all geniuses, he sometimes makes you celebrate like a madman and sometimes makes you angry. You have to learn to appreciate the emotions geniuses can give you when their heads and feet are working in a certain way. Sometimes players change their ways at 29-30 years old, the age at which a footballer is mature. And you obviously need to be playing regularly to show your full value. Sometimes it's the coach's fault because there are many players to choose from and that player is affected by technical decisions."

In tomorrow's match will you play some of those who have played less so far?
"Those who are a bit tired will stay at home, like Cruz, Cambiasso, Favalli, Vieri and J. Zanetti . All the others will go. Mihajlovic? He won't be there either. Tomorrow's match is important for those who have played less, and it's important for us. Those who have played less must show me I was wrong to leave them out. And it's also important to see how players like Davids and Veron are as they have had a few physical problems."

If Carlo Ancelotti has won his Hernan Crespo gamble, you have won yours with Christian Vieri?
"I haven't won any Vieri bet. He's a great champion who is in form now and is scoring in every match. But he can still improve a lot and he's fully aware of this."

Is Adriano a bit tired?
"I think he played better against Sampdoria than against Livorno . But it's human to make a few mistakes. So far he has scored almost a goal a match. It's impossible to be at your best all the time."

And what can you tell us about Obafemi Martins?
"He's very young, he plays well and he's instinctive. And instinct often wins you matches. Because he's so young I think he has to learn to play with the team more, just like Adriano. You appreciate everything about the youngsters - they can make more mistakes than the others because there is room for improvement. They will become even stronger."

==============

MANCINI: "I'M NOT ASKING FOR ANY PRESENTS"
Tuesday, 11 January 2005 15:56:17
APPIANO GENTILE - Roberto Mancini news conference (3):

In Turkey they're saying Emre Belozoglu could be loaned to Fenerbahce (asked by a Turkish journalist)...
"I consider Emre to be a great player technically, and he is also a splendid boy. I think it's very unlikely he will be loaned to Fenerbahce."

Have you heard the comments of the various pundits about your performance against Sampdoria ?
"Each person has his own opinion, which should always be respected. Inter played well throughout Sunday's match despite being two goals down. And the players on the bench are there to change or correct the things which aren't working or if you're losing."

On Sunday were you very angry with those two fans behind the bench?
"I wasn't angry. It was just a release. Having heard them say the same things for thirty minutes, I'd have liked them to be there when it was 3-2. But they had gone..."

On Sunday you said you had played well despite being without two wingers. Is this a kind of request to the club?
"I only wanted to say that van der Meyde was disqualified and Kily González still isn't available. I'm pleased with the players I have. It's important to have Kily back quickly."

Will you ask the club for any presents?
"It's us that have to give presents."

inter.it

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Roberto Gallo, Cambiasso hasn't been called up so its either Davids or CZ in the DM position. I think Mancio would field Davids as his recent injury doesnt seem to have been anything serious.

·
Registered
61,076 Posts
BOLOGNA V INTER: LINE-UPS

Wednesday, 12 January 2005 17:02:35

BOLOGNA - Official line-ups for Inter's Coppa Italia TIM last sixteen return match away to Bologna:

BOLOGNA: 39 Ferron, 2 Daino, 4 Amoroso, 7 Nervo, 8 Giunti, 9 Tare, 13 Loviso, 14 Binotto, 17 Juarez, 30 Nastase, 32 Capuano

Subs: 12 Pansera, 3 Gamberini, 11 Bellucci, 19 Colucci, 20 Torrisi, 29 Cortesi, 34 Della Rocca

Coach: Carlo Mazzone

INTER: 12 Fontana, 2 Cordoba, 3 Burdisso, 6 C.Zanetti, 7 van der Meyde, 13 Zé Maria , 20 Recoba, 21 Karagounis, 25 Stankovic, 30 Martins, 77 Coco

Subs: 15 Carini, 5 Emre, 8 Davids, 14 Veron, 23 Materazzi, 24 Gamarra, 26 Pasquale

Coach: Roberto Mancini

Referee: Marco Gabriele

Off to watch the game, FORZA INTER !! :fero:

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
dont get mancio
month a go he said that carini will play
and i see fontana :(

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
ok i'm going to the football training now,
hope inter will not lose
:)

·
Registered
61,076 Posts
Crap match. As if both sides don't even care about the tie. :ass: Hell, Bologna barely celebrated their goal at all.

We're very slow in the build-up and didn't create any chances worth mentioning. The game so far has been dreadful, worst I've seen this season. VDM has been useless so far. He should be subbed off at the interval.

Karagounis is playing on the left wing and he's doing fine. Deki's playing centre and he's sucking.

But we had more of the ball though, and Bologna scored from their first real attempt. We should definitely play better than we did in that ugly first half.

FORZA INTER !!!!!! :fero:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gooooooooaaaaaaaaallllll! Oba!!!

Karagounis hit the crossbar....

1 - 20 of 58 Posts