Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
59,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valencia have apparantly made a bid for Jan Kromkamp according to VI :eek: surely AZ will have to accept if it's a good bid since he'll only cry and go stale if they reject him a chance to go to Spain.

So what do you think he'll be in Spain. Hit or miss?

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Tonight he once again proved that he's one of the best defenders in the Dutch league and not just the tackle, head or kick type with no vision.

Perhaps Valencia is a bit too much, but IMO he'd do well in the EPL or Bundesliga at any decent team.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
He's 24 at the moment I think. At least he's from 1980.

With the AZ-players it;s all a bit uncertain to me if they can make it somewhere else too, although Kromkamp I rate as one of the highest of the selection. Only like you could see in the past too with Ajax some players just went with the flow of that team and made them look better than they actually were. Which showed when they moved to another team abroad. Kromkamp was also rated pretty high by the experts, but strange enough after his first selections with Oranje he hasn't been called up again. Even back-up players of PSV like Lucius got the nod ahead of him since...

For the rest I think he will be better in the German or English league, but perhaps I'm underestemating him.

·
Registered
59,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kromkamps good. Probably the 2nd best RB in the league here but I think he's a player who needs to get used to his surroundings and feel confident before performing since it took a bit for him to get noticed when he joined AZ from Go Ahead Eagles. I think it's the same for him with Holland. He was nervous when he played in his only game in a friendly against Sweden and therefore didn't look so good, but given time and confidence I think he can be valuable for any side.

The question is well he get that at a top club like Valencia :undecide: who will he be up against btw? I haven't followed Valencia for a bit so I last remember Angloma playing for you but surely he must have retied by now :D

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
I think Ayala might be right-back at Valencie, but I am not too sure either.
I don't know, I think Kromkamp may not have it to make it in Spain. And Valencia is not any old club. A club that has title and European aspirations every season. I think the intensity of the trainings and the pace of the matches will also be much higher, so it will be a huge step up.
I know he's 24, a good age to go abroad, but maybe he'd better be off going to Ajax or PSV first. Trabelsi is most probably leaving Ajax at the end of this season, and we don't really have the ideal right-back in either Lamey, Bogelund or the ageing Ooijer and Feher.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Thanks everyone for the info ;)

Wally: Angloma retired some years ago, if Kromkamp signed for us he'd have to compete with Torres and Fabio Aurelio mainly, Ayala plays in the center. I don't know if he could adapt to La Liga, but maybe Valencia could loan him to a French/German club so he can gain experience, it's not uncommon at all.

The only problem would be pronouncing his name :D

·
Registered
59,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Setzer, any news from your side whats happened to the move? do you think you'll come back in the summer for him?

here they were saying that the 2 clubs were discussing a move yesterday and that if AZ would find Valencia's bid (which would have to be high since he has a contract till 2008), Kromkamp would jump at the opportunity since it isn't often that a big club comes for you.

Bazman, agree with you that perhaps going to Ajax or PSV for a year or two would be best as they would know best how to handle him and to give him trust in case he fails in his first game, but going to Valencia and being loaned for a seaosn wouldn't be bad either. As for Feyenoord, we don't need him :shades: :stuckup: as we have the stopper of Robben at euro 2004 so he surely has to be worldclass :stuckup:

(I wish, more like too expensive as it always is with us :eek:)

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Wally said:
Setzer, any news from your side whats happened to the move? do you think you'll come back in the summer for him?

here they were saying that the 2 clubs were discussing a move yesterday and that if AZ would find Valencia's bid (which would have to be high since he has a contract till 2008), Kromkamp would jump at the opportunity since it isn't often that a big club comes for you.
In the Spanish media I've only heard Valencia was interested in him for next season, but nothing about the amount of the bid. We're not in a very good financial situation, so I don't think the board is prepared for an expensive signing, anyways.

If the player is as good as you said I hope they make an effort to take him to Valencia, though.

·
Registered
59,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Great move for all parties involved, Kromkamp at a better and more beautifull club, Josemi back in his home country, Liverpool has got a better player and Villarreal got rid of an expensive one and get one back who's used to the culture.

Well done and good luck Kromkamp!

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Nope, don't think so. He simply can't tango and you almost have to be an Argie to at Vilarreal to be sure of a starting spot.

Liverpool is indeed a more suitable club for him.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Anyone got some videos of him? I wont hold my breath seeming as he's a defender but if you've got any they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
just updating anyone who is interested ,krompkampa played for liverpool against portsmouth a full game in the FA cup ,it wasn't a very good match in terms of quality from either side but krompkamp did well I thought ,certainly don't have to worry about him being a donkey ,good on the ball ,quick feet.Was one of liverpool's best players although in a bad team performance ,the only downside was his ridiculous dive ,if he cuts that out he will do fine.

when I have seen him come on as a sub before I didn't think he looked upto the pace ,obviously getting his fitness back is a huge plus for him and us.

·
Registered
59,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cheers, but do you reckon Finnan will still be first choice?

·
Registered
298 Posts
For now Finnan will still be 1st choice but since we can't sign any right midfielder in this window so I think we might see both Kromkamp & Finnan together much more down the right hand side.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts