Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets post here the notes for the upcoming match !!!!

USA4 Cuba 0 :glasses: My Humble Prediction!!! :happy:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Cuba must be really, really bad if you think the U.S. can score four goals against them. The U.S. squad showed very little against Korea, despite winning.

Certainly if Arena goes with the 11 he ended the game with, minus Hedjuk, the squad should do better.

It is very frustrating not being able to watch the match.
:mad:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
PAULMAY said:
USA 2 Mexico 1 again a lackluster performance against the Cubans.
Huh? :confused:

L

·
0 Posts
3-0

i see us taking this 3-0 , if we really want to gain any respect world wide we are going to have to be able to destroy teams such as cuba but scores of a least 4 and 5 to 0 . even then i doubt we will but that is besides the point cuba is a baseball nation but back the the starting XI i think we will for see jitterbug starting over lewis and hopefuly we get to see a little bit of josh wolff , byw is anyone ordering the game ??

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Im predicting the Finals Hern...I know Im getting a bit ahead of myself. but what the hell, Besides Cuba Mexico whats the difference but a few miles:D

L

·
0 Posts
1-0 good guys !! Mcbride converted on a pk after the "kids" played a 1-2 in the box and beasely was brought down

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
From reading the play-by-play commentary on ussoccer.com, it seems like US dominated the play. Sounds like Donovan may have been somewhat injured.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
What can be said ...

... Another lackluster performance tonight by the national team. A bit better than the game vs. Rep. Korea, but all in all, another poor showing by the kiddy corp.

A few honorable mentions:

McBride and Wolff were paired up front to better effect than the game v. Korea, but it is apparent that the lads are out of shape and are in general poor form. The finishing was absolutely atrocious. Wolff missed so many open chances I stopped counting.

The midfield play was poor as usual, with very little stringing together of any passes worth mentioning. Beasley again impressed, earning with his speed and tenacity, the PK converted by McBride that salted the game away in the win column for the US. Bocanegra was also impressive as was Mastroeni. The defense played better, but was rarely tested. The Cubans out hustled US all game. It appeared that they were winning all the 50-50 balls. They play a speedy, physical match (7 or 8 yellow cards, 5 for the Cubans).

Richie Williams subbed Donovan, who appeared to take a ding to the ankle, and Cunningham subbed Wolff, who was just missing too many chances. To be fair to Frankie Hajduk, he played better, but you have to take into account that the opponents were the Cubans. He still needs to work on his passing and his crosses; he does hustle though.

Bruce needs to spend more time with the kids working on finishing drills. They missed too many chances today, too many. Now it’s on to the quarterfinals vs. Mexico or Guatemala

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I spent good money to watch that bunch of rubbish. If the US first game was worse than that then we are in a sorry state of affairs. Now we can calm ourselves by saying well our European lads arent there and Mathis didnt play but if we put out a U-20 side we should have beaten a poor Cuban side 5-0, that couldnt put more than three passes together. Mind you we werent much better. Our defence looked slow and old again and our mid field didnt have a clue. Jones played like he went on a Pub Crawl before the Match and Wolf showed his Rust from a long layoff.
Keller almost lost us the match in the second half and while I struggle to find something good to say all I can come up with is at least we won, even if it was on a penalty.

·
Registered
17,812 Posts
All I can say is that I feel sorry for those who have spent money watching this sub-par performance from our Nats.

After fighting for their lives through the WCQ, there is no way they can feel the same amount of intensity in this tounament.

L

·
0 Posts
does anyone know of a website where i can download the Goals from not just from the Gold Cup but from all US national team games in the past and the future, there are q few goals that i would love to see again , btw did any of you see the beasley goal ??? i saw a clip of it on espn but we all know that espn wont show a decent soccer clip !!!

Austin

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got carried away with such a prediction BUT Does anybody care ?? The USA is on the second leg...And now the party :party: starts .............\/ictory !!!!!!!

United States' Brian McBride (20) is congratulated by teammate Frankie Hejduk after scoring a goal on a peanlty kick as Cuba's Alexander Driggs (2) hangs his head during the first half of Gold Cup soccer tournament at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif., Monday, Jan. 21, 2002. McBride's penalty kick carried the United States to a 1-0 victory over Cuba and into the quarterfinals of the CONCACAF Gold Cup. :) :) :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts