Xtratime Community banner

181 - 200 of 205 Posts

·
Administrator
53,261 Posts
So you saw only our two best results of the season, and not rest of the shit show to notice the pattern I'm speaking of. Vs Milan they dominated our midfield for 60 minutes, until they got tired and subbed in bunch of no name kids. Our subs of players who should be starting saved us that game (I mean momentum wise, we were up 2-1, but game was at risk without those two subs), Mckennie and Kulu. Besides a heroic Chiesa.

Our win vs Barca was just hungry players and attack being efficient,tactically speaking we were as much of as a joke as rest of the season, with a very subpar Barca (who still had gift away chances).

·
Registered
17,725 Posts
So you saw only our two best results of the season, and not rest of the shit show to notice the pattern I'm speaking of. Vs Milan they dominated our midfield for 60 minutes, until they got tired and subbed in bunch of no name kids. Our subs of players who should be starting saved us that game (I mean momentum wise, we were up 2-1, but game was at risk without those two subs), Mckennie and Kulu. Besides a heroic Chiesa.

Our win vs Barca was just hungry players and attack being efficient,tactically speaking we were as much of as a joke as rest of the season, with a very subpar Barca (who still had gift away chances).
Fair enough Oz

Reactions: Osman

·
Registered
46,350 Posts
Juventus' midfield along with Pirlo's system let the side down for sure. The team seems to rely on individual brilliance and last night, there was only one wizard which isn't always going to be enough. Had Cuadrado played and had he played well (as he tends to do), the match could have been a lot harder for us. Counters would be deadlier and there would be more incisiveness and creativity.

But let's give credit to how our team has progressed in a year as well. Btw, last year's fixture was Bastoni's first big match for us...and he'd just made his Inter debut about a week earlier vs Samp (iirc).

Reactions: camelface

·
Registered
63,342 Posts
Bastoni made a mistake when we lost last season (Higuain goal), compare that to yesterday..

Btw worth a mention that Chiesa has lost to Inter this season with 2 different teams (Fiorentina and juve)

Reactions: camelface

·
Registered
17,725 Posts
Milan got yet another penalty....

Must be some kind of record at this stage...

·
Registered
63,342 Posts
camel complains about refs more than I do it seems

Don't forget the Udinese thread dude @camelface

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
63,342 Posts
Plenty of pictures of Snakes strangling zebras in the aftermath of our win

·
Registered
63,342 Posts
Excellent

They will be f**ked.
Hopefully Atalanta tire them out a bit. Udinese playing Atalanta on Wednesday then Inter on Saturday isn't easy tbh.

Udinese are desperate for points though so they will be motivated.

I still won't even begin to write Juve off unless they go on a properly sh*te run.

They still have the best squad in the league by a country mile. It's just that their central midfield if unbalanced (despite having many good players there) and Pirlo is obviously a tactical mess.

But ACM may turn out to be the stronger challenger, given the insane motivation over there and 3 decent winter signings (who the hell makes those...).

It will probably depend on how far they go in EL and Coppa.
Hopefully Milan don't go far in Coppa seeing as we will play them next week. :) Btw Conte should field our best team in that Coppa derby, we have Benevento in Milano afterwards so naturally the derby is tougher and should be prioritized imo.

As for Milan in EL, I think they will beat Red Star over 2 legs which means at least 2 more games, rooting against Deki Stankovic might be a bit difficult but Milan going through in EL would be in our favour

·
Registered
63,342 Posts
Udinese v Atalanta starts in 20 minutes if anyone is interested in spying

@camelface

Where is the Udinese-Inter thread, dude?

·
Registered
63,342 Posts
Helping Inter win is anti-juve. Not just in Inter v juve direct encounters. I hope you reconsider..

you want to leave on a high I guess like Jacquet in 98, but it's only 1 thread...

So you will be remembered as a 1 thread wonder. :D

·
Registered
46,350 Posts
You either die a Jacquet or live long enough to become a Lemerre.

·
Registered
63,342 Posts
Harsh on Lemerre, I believe he is the only coach to have won 2 continental titles in 2 different continents. Euro 2000 with France and ACN 2004 with Tunisia. Tunisia's only ACN win.

·
Registered
63,342 Posts
Udinese held Atalanta, so not an easy match for us. Nice goal Pereyra.

181 - 200 of 205 Posts