Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone share some interesting facts about him? Primarily stuff befre his recent succes with Boavista, cause that's what I'm having trouble with finding...

especially what kind of a player was he, what was his role at WC 86? what major clubs and succes's did he achieve?

any interesting facts about him, anything you remember;) 'd be very grateful:D:kiss:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Good topic. I don't know that much about him either. He strikes me as a hard head, which could be good or bad. Also seems to have a healthy ego. Whoever gets the job will have to be a great people manager, as well as knowing what's what in football.

·
Registered
314 Posts
umm, lemme see....my memory is a little foggy on Pacheco, but he had some success as a player with FC Porto in the 80's, he was often called to the NT, but not always a starter if I remember correctly...he had a stint as coach and player/coach with Pacos de Ferreira, and for some reason I keep thinking he was involved with Vitoria Setubal at one point, but I'm not sure...he also coached Vitoria Guimaraes.

His biggest success to date as a coach has definatly been with Boavista, winning the league title with them.

If I think of anything else I'll post it here...

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Here is a few things about Jaime Pacheco off the top of my head .
Played for- Porto , Sporting , Vitoria Guimaraes , Braga & I think Pacos Ferreira.
His coaching started at Reggiana in Italy as a player coach and returned , and correct me if I am wrong, after 1 season to Guimaraes for a spell of 2 seasons & thern crossed to Boavista.
His International career was 35
caps for 2 goals

I'll hvae more info later - I am at work :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts