1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this article from soccerway.com
http://www.soccerway.com/news/full/?page=details&area=1079792648

Lazio and Milan agree on Stam transfer

MILANO, Mar 20 (SW) - AC Milan and Lazio Roma have reached an agreement concerning the transfer of Dutch defender Jaap Stam at the end of this season. The player and his new club had already agreed to a two year deal.

Jaap Stam joined Lazio Roma from Manchester United, where, after writing a book in which he expressed his opinion on coach Alex Ferguson, he lost popularity and trust from his colleagues and fans.

Before playing for the Red Devils, the player, born in the town of Kampen, played for FC Zwolle, Cambuur Leeuwarden, Willem II and PSV Eindhoven.

Milan will be paying 11 Million Euros for the player, and have also expressed their interest in re-hiring Edgar Davids, who is currently playing for FC Barcelona, on loan from Juventus

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is this just another rumour or what?

I can't find anything about this case nethier Milan or Lazio homepage.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I hope it's true, as much as I like Stam, 11 million euros is a lot of money in today's market and could be very useful in our dire financial state.:mad:

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Anomander Rake said:
I hope it's true, as much as I like Stam, 11 million euros is a lot of money in today's market and could be very useful in our dire financial state.:mad:
I doubt it is that much, probably more like 7-8.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
seolkihyun said:
Is this just another rumour or what?

I can't find anything about this case nethier Milan or Lazio homepage.:rolleyes:
There's been a lot of talk about this, then everything suddenly died down. It seems to be more than a rumor, particularly when you consider that Laursen had apparently been told by Milan he can leave, but nothing has been confirmed by either Milan or Lazio. It wouldn't be announced until the end of the season anyway.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
It's probably true but I can't see it being confirmed untill the end of the season. Last year we had the same thing with Kaka, a few websites reported that we had agreed to a deal with him and it would be announced later on. I'm 90% sure that Stam is a Milan player.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
AS_Roma83 said:
i cant believe your milan is getting him....im guessing Maldini will play left back again

cafu-stam-nesta-maldini ?
Nope.

I cant see Maldini playing anywhere but center back.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
They'd be filling in for each other since Nesta is injury prone and it feels like we have two to three midweek games a motnh and our central defenders could use some rest now and then without weaking that important area. I think Ancelotti has often faced the dilemma that he needs to save his players for the midweek game but he can't compromise the Serie A round, what to do? Most problematic must have been the central defense.
Alot of Milans game revolves around defense and the central defenders are the foundations of the whole team.

It won't be all too many games that they all need to play at the same time, maybe in the beginning of the season.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Having Stam would give our defense a perfection rotation, phase Billy out, and most importantly, without having to rely on Laursen :eek:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Quivering said:
They'd be filling in for each other since Nesta is injury prone and it feels like we have two to three midweek games a motnh and our central defenders could use some rest now and then without weaking that important area. I think Ancelotti has often faced the dilemma that he needs to save his players for the midweek game but he can't compromise the Serie A round, what to do? Most problematic must have been the central defense.
Alot of Milans game revolves around defense and the central defenders are the foundations of the whole team.

It won't be all too many games that they all need to play at the same time, maybe in the beginning of the season.
Quivering will be our next coach once Carletto in 4/5 years time will be in charge of Squadra Azzurra;)

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
AS_Roma83 said:
what are the other options then, three man back line and u can play with wingers i guess ..
I don't see Ancelotti playing three at the back.

My guess is that Stam will fill in at CB when Nesta or Maldini are out, and play some games at RB to give Cafu a break. Stam will get plenty of games, because even the indestructible Cafu and Maldini can't play every game. Then Stam will take over at CB when Maldini retires.

We can't rely on Costacurta forever, although right now he's playing so much better than Ferrari, Materazzi, Adani, Iuliano and Legrottaglie that I think he should be in the Euro squad in case we need a sub.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
stam is not going to milan to be a back up, im sure of that at least...and there is no way Stam will be backup for Cafu on the right, you mine as well play with 3 at the back if u wannt put him in for Cafu sometimes

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Patrick said:
You do know that Maldini was a left back before a center back, right? ;)
Yes... best left back of all time, cheers mate :D .

Personally id love to see:

-Maldini-Nesta-Stam-Cafu

but i think we will go with soemthing a like:

-Kaladze/Pancaro - Maldini-Nesta-Stam

with Cafu playing right wing or bench, Milan could use a world class left back but sadly there doesnt seem many in the class of Milan.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts