Miguel ----- Albiol --- Alexis ----- Moretti

Albelda ----- Fernandes

Joaq/Pablo ------------------ Juan Mata

Morientes --- Villa

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
^^ Although that would be our most powerful eleven (not necessarily the most effective eleven), I have a feeling Unai will drop Morientes and add another midfielder cause to there is a need to more creative. Possibly Pablo, Mata and Joaquin playing off Villa again??

Malaga have been horrible so far (2nd from the bottom), so we should really push for all three points here to remain on top. Easier said than done though, because we all know our team has a history of sucking against small teams, or any teams that sit back for that matter. Especially away.

If we're winning, it aint going to be easy again imo, unless we get a couple of early goals. Hopefully Marchena and Vicente will be back for this one and Villa can have time to get fully fit before Thursday.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I think it'd be Villa and Angulo up front. I have a feeling that Emery don't know how to play target strikers. That's why he was trying to sell Moro and Zigic in the summer. He'd rather play two dynamic forwards in a 4-4-2.

We should take 3 points and a clean sheet in this unless our defense fcuk up in set-pieces like Murcia away last year.

·
Registered
72 Posts
We have to be looking at a comprehensive win here over a newly promoted side, although this is Valencia and things are never that simple.

We need much much more service from the right wing, Joaquin was dire yesterday and Pablo H didnt really get into the game. You'd think though that surely the big names will be too much for Malaga and we can come away with all 3 points.

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
koaquin wasn't as bad as some of you are making out. I can see why unai wanted rid of zig and moro, they don't suit our play theese days

·
Registered
758 Posts
Emery has Valencia playing a style of football similar to Arsenal and Spain with quick short passing, one twos, lots of opening runs, and wingers cutting inside. Its hard for guys like Morientes and Zigic because they won't have Joaquin or Vicente running up the wings as often feeding them crosses to head at goal.

Hopefully the team finds a way to make it all work. Not having Silva hurts bad, though. We are so much a different team with him on the pitch.

I predict a win here, though. A 2-0 victory or possibly a 3-1 win, depending on how much Malaga are willing to gamble. Being that they're at home, I suspect they'll open up more and try to win the game so should open up some counter attacking opportunities for us.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
We should beat Málaga, it will be tough off course.

I'd drop both Joaquín and not start Pablo.

Renan
Miguel - Albiol - Alexis - Moretti
Albelda
Fernandes - Edu
Mata
Morientes - Villa​

Mata can drift to the left and provide the width, and Miguel can provide it at the right side. It's kind of like, Milan's formation. No chance happening though...

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Piece of cake....malaga still haven't score any goal in 3 previous games
That means we're conceding, watch us underestimate them:pp

Renan
Albelda
Fernandes - Edu
Mata
Morientes - Villa
Edu should not start, he was the worst player last game.

I'd play Hugo Viana there:stuckup:

·
Registered
14,722 Posts

Renan
Albelda
Fernandes - Edu
Mata
Morientes - Villa​

Mata can drift to the left and provide the width, and Miguel can provide it at the right side. It's kind of like, Milan's formation. No chance happening though...
Me gusta! but id play albelda for edu. or even better m
archena:proud:

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Blaž;6640157 said:

Renan
Albelda
Fernandes - Edu
Mata
Morientes - Villa​

I hate Milan and if we're going to play 4-3-3, we should do it properly :stuckup: :finger:

Renan
Marchena
Fernandes - Edu
Pablo---------------Mata
Villa​

:kiss:

·
David Villa is a
14,204 Posts

Thursday, 25 Sep, 20:00
La Liga Round 4
La Rosaleda Stadium

Recent Form
Liga Almería-Málaga 1-0
Liga Málaga-Athletic 0-0
Liga Atlético-Málaga 4-0

Classification
16. Betis 2
17. Racing 2
18. Mallorca 2
19. Málaga 1
20. Sporting 0

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hhmm, I'm thinking we should switch around during games :pp when we have "easy" matches and everyone will predictably vote for a win, I think it's better we set up a MOM poll after the game.

During harder games however, where the results are harder to predict, then I think it will be exciting to add a result prediction poll. What do you guys think? :D

Blaz said:
-----------Renan
-----------Albelda
---Fernandes ------ Edu
------------Mata
------Morientes -- Villa
On second thought, I think this could work :pp

1 - 20 of 184 Posts