• Undeserved draw.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stupid & unbelievable ****ing defeat.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Joaquin didn't play yesterday i think that means he will start in this match. And I hope Vicente and Marchena would make the squad and have some minutes in the second half.

We can't underestimate Osasuna tho. They only got 2 points so far but in both games they played well. We have to be wary of their counter-attacks. My prediction is 3-1 Valencia.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
still no marchena? and is vicente ready?
Don't know if Marchena will be ready for the bench but according to last week's reports, V14 should ready.

I'm hopeful Marchena makes it to the next match though, cause Albelda's been awful lately.

I'm even thinking it's best we start with Edu and Fernandes in midfield as David can't seem to win a ball even lately, so if we can't use that spot for destructive purposes, we should use it for creative reasons, especially now that we lack that in Silva's absence.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:err: :pp

But seriously, Maduro would be a better choice than Albelda at this point!! "I'll Sue You" needs to get his fat ass in form back. I think the lack of competition with Marchena being out and David knowing Unai hates Maduro, made him put the foot off the pedal.

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
I think the injury to villa fcucks up our options. Now the only strikers available will be zig and moro we must play with width, cross the ball with pace to 1 of the big guys. So if fit v14 must play also joaquin should i would play something like this. btw wtf is Albelda srarting for?

------------------------renan-------------------------
Pisshead---Albiol----Goldilocks---Mafiozo moretti

Joaqueen--watchboy--Kaiser----:proud:God of Valencia

---------------------------Pablo/ Mata-----------------------

----------------------------Moro/zig--------------------------------

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
btw its 1 or the other out of moro or zig for me. They don't play well together. Mata or pablo should support the big guy.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
emery, youre such an idiot! whu did you have to play villa against maratimo?!!
the score will now be probably 1-0, or maybe 2-1, since our two stars wont be playing, make that 3, including marchena.

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
there was no need to play him!

·
David Villa is a
14,204 Posts
Renan
Miguel-Albiol-Alexis-Moretti
Fernandes-Albelda
Joaquin------------------Vicente
Mata
Morientes

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
C'mon there is as big a chance of an injury on the training ground as there is on the pitch :pp Unai took a chance and it almost payed off with Villa scoring two goals, atleast we can admire the Unai's style to play fearless ambitious stuff to get the best result possible :proud:

We do have the players to easily beat Osasuna and hopefully Emery chooses them ;)

Renan Brito

Miguel ----- Albiol --- Alexis ----- Moretti

Marchena ----- Fernandes

Joaq/Pablo ----- Juan Mata ----- Vicente

Morientes​

That's not going to happen though as Vicente and Marchena aren't 100% ready I suppose. But lets hope he takes a chance again :pp

·
Registered
758 Posts
Villa almost always comes back quickly from injury so I'm not too worried about him, though it was pretty unnecessary to play him the last 12 minutes against Maritimo. That said, is it a GUARANTEE that Vicente will play??... Last I've heard he'll be out for this one too.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jose Angel ‘Cuco’ Ziganda takes his unbeaten Osasuna side to the Mestalla for a duel with an undefeated Valencia.

Los Che are fresh from victory in Madeira on Thursday evening, where Unai Emery rested a number of players in view of the this encounter. The 36 year old coach knows turning the Mestalla into a fortress will be crucial if the club is to enjoy an upturn in Liga fortunes this term.

Rotation in Portugal

Despite Maritimo’s underdog status and poor domestic form, the Funchal based club that finished 5th in the BWIN Liga last season were never going to be pushovers, and it proved the case.

Valencia were fortunate to come away with victory, with the hosts hitting the woodwork twice and going close on other occasions, though Emery will feel his charges should have managed more than the one goal.

El Moro's brilliant effort proved enough to take an advantage back to Spain. The match also showed the former Almeria coach’s willingness to substantially tinker with the line-up in a potentially difficult match.

Fernando Morientes may have done enough with his winning strike in Funchal to force Emery’s hand into playing two strikers in future, and maybe even this weekend, given David Villa's injury. Valencia’s attacking midfield contingent struggled badly against Almeria, with both Mata and Pablo replaced after difficult evenings, while Joaquin burst into life only sporadically, not least due to playing in a bizarre central role.

With Silva out, and Vicente’s continuing fitness problems, huge doubts remain over whether Emery has the tools to play his favoured 4-4-1-1 system. Morientes spoke early in the season about being resigned to a bench role, while there have also been rumours of a possible departure. He could prove an important and unexpected cog in the tactical wheel for the next couple of months, as Silva recovers.

The only black mark from Portugal is a big one - the temporary loss of star striker David Villa. He was introduced somewhat needlessly by Emery, and it's backfired. For now, Morientes will be key no matter what the formation.

As I have said before, and some have disagreed, Valencia have a pretty soft opening to the season in terms of fixtures, compared to many other teams. Journeys to Malaga, Recre and Valladolid and home games against Depor and Numancia follow this match with Los Rojillos. There's a great chance to rack up ther points.

After beating an albeit poor Mallorca so convincingly on opening weekend, Valencia will be desperate to maintain the 100% home record, and put to bed the negative murmurings that followed the disjointed performance in Almeria.

Portillo Pushing

It’s been a solid if winless start for the Basque outfit, but Ziganda must be confident that victories will follow.

Osasuna were among the many party spoilers on opening day, coming back at home to hold Villarreal. Already, this is the club’s second consecutive away match, but the coach will be quietly confident of upsetting Los Che after taking a point from Mallorca last weekend

At the ONO Estadi, Javier Portillo again started from the bench, as Ziganda favoured **** Sola to partner Santi Ezquerro.

However, the Real Madrid youth product came on to secure a point, with just six minutes to play. His goals will be important if Osasuna are to enjoy a trouble free campaign.

FORM GUIDE

Valencia

WON 1-0 (A) Maritimo (18 Sept – UEFA Cup 1st round 1st leg)
DREW 2-2 (A) Almeria (14 Sept – La Liga)
WON 2-0 (H) Mallorca (30 Aug – La Liga)
LOST 4-2 (A) Real Madrid (Aug 24 - Spanish Super Cup)
WON 3-2 (H) Real Madrid (Aug 17 - Spanish Super Cup)

Osasuna

DREW 1-1 (A) Mallorca (14 Sept - La Liga)
DREW 1-1 (H) Villarreal (31 Aug - La Liga)
WON 4-1 (H) Vitesse Arnhem (23 Aug - Friendly)
DREW 0-0 (H) Numancia (20 Aug - Friendly
WON 2-1 (H) Racing Santander (16 Aug - Friendly)

TEAM NEWS

Valencia

Moretti is likely to return at left back after Del Horno came in on Thursday, likewise Albiol for Helguera at centre-back. Marchena returned to training earlier in the week and may get a spot on the bench.

Morientes should lead the line, with either Angulo or Mata just behind. Fitness problems continue to dog Baraja and Vicente.

More team news to follow.

Possible Starting XI: Renan – Miguel, Albiol, Alexis, Moretti – Joaquin, Fernandes, Albelda, Mata - Angulo-Morientes

Osasuna

Portillo is in line to usurp Kiki in the striker’s role, just ahead of Ezquerro. Ziganda should go for a conservative central midfield, though Hector Font and Iranian talent Shojaei are options – the latter should at least see some action from the bench.

Miguel Flano took no part last weekend, but should be restored in central defence.

More news to follow.

Possible Starting XI: Ricardo - Azpilicueta, Miguel Flaño, Rovérsio, Monreal - Juanfran, Punal, Nekounam, Plasil - Ezquerro - Portillo

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Valencia: Manuel Fernandes was among those left out in his native Portugal, meaning he should get another chance to convince Emery he is the missing link in the troublesome Che midfield. As we all know, the former Benfica prospect has bags of quality, but can be a frustrating watch. His confidence will surely be growing, but he needs to start fulfilling the faith shown in him, as well as the hefty price tag.

Osasuna: The visitors will look to hit the Mestalla men on the break, and Javier Portillo will probably be the man relied upon to spoil another party. He will look to, and is perfectly capable, of creating confusion in a centre-back pairing of Alexis and Albiol that still has some question marks hovering over it.

PREDICTION

Collective confidence is on fire, and Valencia will need to deliver against a sturdy, well-drilled Osasuna. The visitors will put up a real fight, and will not be perturbed by longs spells of opposition domination. It would be tough to see a way back if they go a goal down though.

It could be close and Valencia may well be frustrated early on, and without Villa it will be tough, but the odds favour Los Che keeping the early season bandwagon rolling on.

Valencia 2 - 1 Osasuna

John Rowlands, Goal.com

·
David Villa is a
14,204 Posts
AMUNT, lets hope for some luck! we need it...we were unlucky with the injuries...the game against Mallorca got everybody starring...

1 - 20 of 258 Posts