Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
J. Zanetti, arguably our best player this season. As far as i remember he hasn't had one single bad game all season:eek:
What amasses me the most about this fact is that he, as some of you guys have pointed out, isn't even playing his favorite position:eek:
The question is: Should we leave the rightback to Simic and move Zanetti to rightwing where im sure he would be terrorising every single leftback in the entire world?
In my oppinion we should let him try his real position, atleast for a few matches. After all Simic is a good defender, so we wouldn't suffer badly in defense and we really don't know what he can do in the midfield until we have given him a chance there

Forza Zanetti our captain!

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
I agree with Sigge here.I don´t really see the point of moving Zanetti from a position he has been AWESOME at in this season.If he hadn´t played that well,I would of course had said we should move him to a right winger position,but since he plays extremly good,I don´t see a reason for moving him.He might play a little better as a right winger,but then we will see a player at the right back position that is far from being as good as Zanetti is there.Vivas is a right back,but can not be compared to Zanetti who has been pretty much flawless this season.Simic is a central defender,and wouldn´t contribute much to our offensive play and since Zanetti is defensive also,there´s no need to have a central defender as a right back. :)

Zanetti has both awesome defensive and offensive skills,and then I think a very offensive right back position is where he makes the most use for us,since we lack a really good right back if he isn´t being played there.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I dont see a reason to limit his greatness. If you play him at RW, we will miss his calmness and great play from set-pieces and calming appearance. As well, he is an absolute perfect at facing fowards or playmakers like Del Piero and Rui Costa. When he is RB, he gets the ball and runs. While if he was RW, he would not give Dalmat a chance and he wont be able to run with the ball as much as he does at rB, because when he has it Rb, the team are going back to defend. While if he at RW he would have to face a direct dfender.

I hope i made my self clear

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Everyone keeps saying this is Zanetti's best season for us. For me personally that is not true. Personally i think his 98/99 season was the best for us when the entire team sucked except him.

Anyway......if we move Zanetti tomidfield it should be in the 3-4-1-2 formation because in my opinion Zanetti is not as offensive as a right winger should be in a 4-4-2. Recoba is the ideal kinda wide player for the 4-4-2. Zanetti is not.

Zanetti is for me the greatest right wing back in the 3-4-1-2 but not the best winger in the 4-4-2

Anyway its good to see Javier geting the attention he deserves. The greatestplayer in the world right guys :D:D

FORZA IL CAPITAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
IMO Zanetti can play well in EVERY SINGLE POSITION!!:D:cool:

Really I have not seen him play only as Keeper and striker!Of course we know how great he is as a right winger or a right back at the moment,I agree with Tazz that he is the best winger back on earth!I can't believe in 95/96 season we had the best right wingback and left wingback in the world!Unfortunately at that time we are coached by the English freak and Both Javier and Roberto are played as full backs!

However with the great defensive skills,great dribbles that no one could compare,the great technique of protecting the ball,I'm convinced that he could do also a great job in the central midfield!But we know Cuper won't play him there cuz DB and Christiano has already took the place!

In anyways,wherever Javier plays,it can only be great for Inter!May the master bless THE TRUE GREATEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD!!!:)

FORZA JAVIER!!!!!!!

·
Registered
831 Posts
the way i see it is that Zanetti is simple Class ... he can play as RB, RW or CM ... in Inter now he plays RB coz thats the place where the team need him most ..
in centeral midfield we have got C.Zanetti, DB, Dalmat all realy good players .
on the right wing we have got Dalmat and Conceicao (who will be realy good).

if Zanetti is moved somewhere eles then the team will be weaker (RB position).. so the combo of Zanetti and conceicao on the right is much better than Simic and Zanetti ...

basicaly Zanetti is so good that he can adapet to where he is needed ..( he has done it in the past on the left and in the center)
so where Zanetti plays dependeds on the rest of the players in the team !

·
Registered
831 Posts
by the way does any one want to send me some money ... i'll give u all 22 years from now :D ...

check the sig !!:D :D

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I must say that Zanetti is playing really well this season

So I don't think we should move him
He stabilize our defence

I hope he stays at right back

1 - 9 of 9 Posts