Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

How come this guy never got any respect/recognition? :confused::confused::confused:

Perhaps most of you don’t know who JJ is….Please before you start knocking this thread ;)…please Just check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnNzYKYIx6Y&feature=related

He set a record of 1534 minutes without allowing a goal at the Stade Geoffroy-Guichard. That’s hard to do at any stadium or league for that matter :happy:. How in the world did Barthez get to start over this guy and why is JJ not starting now…? :howler: Seriously when was the last time you saw Buffon or Casillas make such remarkable saves? :angel: Janot is out of this world... reminds Dagoods of the great Gordon Banks :eek:! His style is unique :proud:. Janot is a bloody combination of multiple great GK’s all in one! He has taken their traits: Campos (GK attire), Chilavert (toughness), Higuita (joyful style), and Banks (reflexes and positioning). This poor lad was never given a fair shot…IMHO! If Barfa had this guy instead of Valdes :yuck:…forget about it: ouch well sky's the limit :D:happy: we are talking about at least two titles if not the treble :D for sure!

If Milan had this guy they would probably have won the UEFA Cup :D:howler::happy:

Your thoughts, your thoughts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Sorry Dagoods....

Youtube was made for goalies...even the worst goalie can look good on Youtube....Never heard of this fella...but I don't think I missed much:rollani:

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he's 31 and has played at Saint Etienne for his whole career, obviously an amazing talent
again and I quote myself :D

Sun King of XT said:
This poor lad was never given a fair shot…IMHO!

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
He's obviously a bit of a nutcase and a showboat. Lots of those saves on the video were mandatory and yet he tries to make them look extra special with exaggerated movements. Agile enough and good reflexes though just a sandwich short.

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
Just remember this name: Hugo Lloris...
Jeremy Janot is just a more or less good keeper.

·
Registered
28,216 Posts
Good shot stopper, agile, great reflexes and a good character...on par with Buffon that's a big call the guy doesn't make mistakes ever. Very safe, great positioning, judgement, reflexes and has the height too for a GK = that's why Buffon is the best

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
How many awards has he got compared to Buffon? Please list all of them like rear of the year, prettiest gloves and best goalie outfit. That should give you your answer.

·
1st Tier Poster
50,012 Posts
he's a s good as Buffon talent wise accrding to Dagoods, I guess we have to believe him as nobody has never seen that guy play

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How many awards has he got compared to Buffon? Please list all of them like rear of the year, prettiest gloves and best goalie outfit. That should give you your answer.

He was voted "goalkeeper of the year" by L'Equipe after the 2006-07 season :happy::happy::happy:.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
never given a fair shot...so who was holding him back then? The Freemasons?
Barthez and probably Zidane. I smell another Cruyff and Van Beveren conspiracy theory!

Janot plays for the crowd. A wizard, capable of doing magical things between the posts. Arguably the best France had ever had, for sure. But he wasn't of the "boys" therefore he was never given a proper shot!

·
Legendary Poster
1,436 Posts
Yeah he's good, not great (never had the chance to prove it). But he likes MMA so he's da best.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts