1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Izzet Issues 'Come And Get Me' Plea To Celtic
News Archive

Izzet wants Celtic move (Allsport)
05/16/2002. Leicester midfielder Muzzy Izzet has issued a 'come and get me' plea to Celtic boss Martin O'Neill.

O'Neill managed the Foxes before taking over the Scottish giants two-years ago.

Izzet told the Daily Record newspaper: "I don't know what the situation at Celtic is and what their budget is but I'm hoping Martin will be in touch because I will definitely speak to him."

"There is a £6m offer from Middlesbrough on the table and there has been speculation that I've had no other firm offers.

"I'm off to the World Cup with Turkey on 17 May so my future probably won't be decided until I come back.

"I can't say too much as Martin hasn't been in touch but only an idiot wouldn't consider joining Celtic.

"The prospect of playing Champions League football appeals to me a great deal."

soccerage

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
"I can't say too much as Martin hasn't been in touch but only an idiot wouldn't consider joining Celtic. "

Is he calling me an idiot?

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Izzet is quite a good player and when he knocked back Middlesborough last season it seemed clear that he was hoping a bigger club would come in for him.

This has failed to materialise and now with Leicester relegated he has been forced to breathe life into the previous enquiry from Steve McLaren while still making it public he is available. I think many were surprised O'Neill didn't move to bring Izzet sooner along with Lennon.

You would have to love the irony if Muzzy joined Celtic who then joined Nationwide division one...:howler:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
ChelseaBear said:
"I can't say too much as Martin hasn't been in touch but only an idiot wouldn't consider joining Celtic. "

Is he calling me an idiot?
do you want an answer to that question? i tihnk the answer can be found in your signature!! why the hell do yous sing that? it seems so stupid! ok, i say that with the knowledge of accies fans songs, be tehy do it to keep themselves interested!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
ivenever seen izzet to make a judgement on his play, but if oneill rates him, and if hes as good as lennon, then good buy he will be.

·
Registered
740 Posts
/me threatens juvebhoy with pyhsical violence...

never EVER paraphrase yoda in relation to celtic again or else i'll quiff your hair like mine when you ain't lookin'

ps. yeah i know he's green skinned but that means nuffin'

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
hey, theres no copyright on talking like yoda! your mind is still young, padowan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts