Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is their squad:

Keepers: Jean-Jacques Tizié (Espérance Tunis/Tun), Boubacar Barry Copa (KSK Beveren/BEL), Gérard Gnanhouan (Montpellier/Fra/D2).

Defenders: Cyril Domoraud (Créteil/Fra/D2), Blaise Kouassi (Troyes/FRA), Abdoulaye Méité (Marseille/Fra), Etienne Arthur Boka (Straatsburg/FRA), Abib Kolo Touré (Arsenal/Eng), Emmanuel Eboué (Arsenal/Eng), Marc Zoro (FC Messina/Ita).

Midfielders: Didier Zokora (Saint-Etienne/Fra), Emerse Faé (Nantes/Fra), Kanga Gauthier Akalé (Auxerre/Fra), Romaric Ndri Koffi (Le Mans/Fra), Gnégnéri Yaya Touré (Olympiakos/Gri), Gilles Yapi Yapo (Young Boys/Zwi), Guy Roland Demel (Hamburg/Dui).

Attackers: Bakari Koné (Nice/FRA), Didier Drogba (Chelsea/Eng), Arouna Koné (PSV Eindhoven/Ned), Bonaventure Kalou (Paris Saint-Germain/Fra), Abdoul Kader Keita (Rijsel/Fra), Aruna Dindane (Lens/Fra).

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Thanks

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
First 11?

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The coach changes quite a lot, but I think it will look like this:

___________ Tizie___________

Eboue _ K.Toure _ Meite _ Boka

__ Zokora _ Y.Toure _ Akalé __

__ Dindane _ Drogba _ Koné __

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well yes, it would be smart to put more balance in the team. But I don't really see who the 4e midfielder would be. Unless they put Dindane on the right wing.

·
♣ ♠ ♣ ♠ ♣ ♠ &#
4,315 Posts
Very decent squad :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
I believe Romaric is a right midfielder. Not to known, but looked pretty good in the African Nations Cup. Guy Demel can play on the right aswell, but I think he is considered a defensive midfielder in this squad.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yapi Yapo played on the right wing in several Ivory Coast games. He is a playmaker though and so is Romaric. At Beveren, Romaric also played from the left-wing. It would be cool if he could show the world his free kick skills.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Yapi Yapo what a great name.:pp :howler: watch out for K.Toure and Eboue great players for us this season.:thumbsup: :proud:

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
i think Ivory coast are definalty in the top three of the african nations but i dont see you getting out of such a hard group which was really unluky.

i will hopefully get to watch the games though and will kalou be a starter??

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ivory Coast drew Switzerland, 1-1, in a preparation game to the WC. Ernest faé scored the Ivory Coast goal, whereas keeper Barry Boubacar Copa saved the Africans with a fantastic safe from a loss in the final minutes of the game.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
gOD said:
Ivory Coast drew Switzerland, 1-1, in a preparation game to the WC. Ernest faé scored the Ivory Coast goal, whereas keeper Barry Boubacar Copa saved the Africans with a fantastic safe from a loss in the final minutes of the game.
I just came back from this game. It was a typical preparation friendly with both teams not playing at full steam.

The Swiss goal should have been disallowed as I rated Frei's overhead kick as a dangerous play. The equalizer came out of nothing but was created by a wonderful shot!

The draw is well deserved. I was impressed with Kanga Akale being a real force on your left wing (maybe depending on our not existent wing backs...)! Drogba was caught offside for at about two dozens times... Kalou was good as well.

Overall Ivory Coast displayed a solid defensive play in order that Swiss attackers hardly found a way through. Their positioning looked rather good and the three players I mentioned are very good.

Ivory Coast will prove to be a handful for every opponent in their group but I am not sure if they will reach the knock out stages despite sending the strongest African team to this year's WC... Bad luck when drawing such a group!

Cheers
East Ender

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Eboue, what a mentalist and great player, he will make you proud.

What is a mentalist, Jern Lizardhous?

Your change to Sulzer was predictable.:thmbdown:

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I like B Kalou's style.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts