Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to have some additional info about Ivo den Bieman, former Dutch player of Dunfermline.

-League records for the seasons 91/92 till 99/00, except Ross County and Falkirk during 98/99.
- Date of Birth (February 4 or March 2)
- Place of Birth
- Where did he play during 1993/94 and 1994/95?

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
This site Pars database appears to have his league records at Dunfermline from season 1993/94 until 1998/99.

The site also gives his dob as February 4th. He joined Dunfermline from Dundee in August 1993.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!!

I heard this guy was very popular at Dunfermline. He was one of the all-time favourites over there.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Yes that is true. The BBC run a feature which appears on "Football Focus" here called Cult Heroes. Ivo den Bieman was listed here as one of Dunfemline's cult heroes.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahaha, too bad he never played professional football in Holland

`The least natural Dutchman, who made up for his lack of skill by giving 110% effort every game. Funny way of running, couldn't cross so didn't make it as a winger, but as a converted centre-half he was the business. And also weaving through the Rangers defence to score the last goal in a 5-2 defeat, sent us home as if we'd won the game. IVO IVO IVO!!!`
Kevin King

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I really remember him as before Ross County joined the SFL I saw a couple of Dunfermline games, when they had Jackie McNamara, Hamish French & Ivo as my grandfather lived in Fife. The one thing that stands out in my mind (except the guy next to us counting that Brechin had brought less than 50 fans :D) was the crowd chanting "IVO IVO IVO!"

He was very popular down there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts