Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enrola's idea of song of the day gave me an idea. How about we do song of the month and song of the year competition.

All XT members NOMINATE & VOTE for the songs. These can only be for newly released tunes (otherwise we'll end up in a right mess!)

We can also do one for the worst song of the month (& year) if we want.

We'll make it poll, we'll vote and the winner will be awarded Official XT Song of the Month & Official XT Song of the Year.

What do you think?

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Firenze said:
Enrola's idea of song of the day gave me an idea. How about we do song of the month and song of the year competition.

All XT members NOMINATE & VOTE for the songs. These can only be for newly released tunes (otherwise we'll end up in a right mess!)

We can also do one for the worst song of the month (& year) if we want.

We'll make it poll, we'll vote and the winner will be awarded Official XT Song of the Month & Official XT Song of the Year.

What do you think?
interesting idea, because there are so many countries, continents and cultures mixing here and the tastes in music are very different. Would be nice to see what the minority likes/dislikes.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
is it for singles only, or also album tracks too?

it might be best to have a limit of for example 5 or 10 songs otherwise everyone will nominate something different and the winner of the poll will be something with 2 votes :D

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Frankly if it is only singles it will be a sham, & if the song I nominate does not win then it will, obviously, be a sham:D

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
It's impossible to do such a thing with a good result. Too much music and too many people with different taste. Which is GOOD! Diversity in music is threatened by the likes of MTV, commercial radio and all these crappy hit-collections.

Back to the original topic, you're all very welcome to try and prove me wrong, but I can't see how you can make such a thing fair and still hae some substance to it. :)

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand everyone concerned.

OK what I'll do is let EVERYONE nominate (we can do this for albums as well) Everyone can nominate and then we'll have a deadline as to when the nominations are in. After that, voting begins. After the deadline for the votin is over we decllare the winners.

How does that sound?

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Sounds like a crap plan to me, but I'll give the benifit of the doubt for now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts