Xtratime Community banner

341 - 360 of 382 Posts

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
What player he has turned out to be. I watched him vs Manchester United and he was excellent only lacking a goal. His long passes are sublime and has a really good first touch.
Do you rate him over Luka?

Cheersch

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Under Kovac they both get in each others way. We need both of them, but in different positions. Let's hope he figures it out.
Agreed.

Like Gerrard and Lampard or Boban and Prosinecki.

Cheersch

·
Registered
4,582 Posts

·
Registered
4,582 Posts

·
Registered
4,582 Posts

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
http://www.marca.com/en/2015/08/11/en/football/barcelona/1439289831.html

The Rakitic Factor

Get an Ivan Rakitic in your life. That just about sums up our advice based on what the Croat has achieved with every team he has ever played in. He caught Monchi's eye at Schalke, the club he left to join Sevilla. There he shined in midfield and that led him to Barcelona, where he has far surpassed expectations. In his first season at the club, he has reasserted himself as one of Europe's top midfielders.

Rakitic is on a rich run of form. Two seasons ago he lifted the Europa League with Sevilla and in June he got his hands on the Champions League. Now at Barça, he has a chance to play in a European Super Cup, a right he earned during his time at Sevilla, but a move to Barcelona put an end to that. As fate would have it, the team standing in his way in Tbilisi are Sevilla, the club where he made his name as world-class footballer.

The Croat does not shy away from finals. He was voted man of the match in the Europa League final he won with Sevilla. In Berlin, he opened the scoring against Juventus, and that in turn has led him to yet another final.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Barcelona’s Ivan Rakitic: ‘The hunger never fades. If we relax they’ll come for us’

The midfielder is grateful for his opportunity at Sevilla, which led to a chance meeting with his now wife, but is desperate to build on last season’s treble win at Camp Nou

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/10/barcelona-ivan-rakitic-sevilla-super-cup?CMP=share_btn_tw
hvala! this must be a similar article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3193367/Ivan-Rakitic-met-future-wife-served-coffee-night-Sevilla-Barcelona-star-looks-seal-European-Super-Cup-against-Raquel-s-home-team.html

Rakitic was man of the match as Barcelona won the Joan Gamper Trophy by beating Roma last week

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
http://www.uefa.com/uefasupercup/news/newsid=2266548.html

Rakitić thrilled at Sevilla Super Cup reunion

A UEFA Europa League winner with Sevilla FC and UEFA Champions League victor with FC Barcelona, Ivan Rakitić looks forward to the UEFA Super Cup where the clubs meet.

Set to face his former club in the 2015 UEFA Super Cup, FC Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitić tells UEFA.com about his excitement leading up to the Tbilisi showpiece, scoring in the UEFA Champions League final and what it means to take on his beloved Sevilla FC.

UEFA.com: You missed Sevilla's UEFA Super Cup appearance last season after signing for Barcelona. You must be looking forward to the occasion this time ...

Ivan Rakitić: On the one hand, yes, but it's also a little bittersweet. I have to thank my team-mates and club for giving me this chance. What I lost last season, I now have this year – and the desire is much greater as a result. I've had to wait another year for this moment. Starting the season, or having the possibility to start the season, with a trophy is even better. And it's sweeter still because it's against my Sevilla.

UEFA.com: What do Sevilla mean to you?

Rakitić: Honestly, everything. Because when I say I'm going home, I mean I'm going to my house in Seville. That is where my wife is, where my daughter was born. So I have a very special connection, not just with the club, but with the city and all the people there.

UEFA.com: You have had some time to get used to being a UEFA Champions League winner. How does it feel?

Rakitić: I am very proud and very happy, especially because it came a year after Barcelona failed to win anything. I'm also delighted that I won the fans' confidence and the confidence of all the people at Barça.

This Super Cup had to be against Sevilla. This is a very special story. But we are Barça, we are playing for a trophy, and with all due respect to Sevilla we will play to win.

UEFA.com: Your goal in the UEFA Champions League final was the most important of your career. Talk us through it ...

Rakitić: Well, it was an impressive moment. We looked for the gap, made a lot of passes with plenty of movement, and I think it was a real Barça goal. To be able to be there, I must thank my team-mates for getting me into that situation.

UEFA.com: What was the key to winning the final in Berlin?

Rakitić: The most important thing is that we never changed our way of doing things. Even when you could see that at certain times the ball wasn't going where we wanted it to, we never lost our temper and said we should do things differently.

UEFA.com: How did it feel to lift the UEFA Champions League trophy?

Rakitić: It is lighter than the Europa League one! There are no words to explain how you feel. All footballers work hard to live that moment. That's the most important thing. Like I usually say, I don't like to dream, I like to live it and thank God I had this opportunity. Hopefully it will not be the last one.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Svaka čast momku, he surprised the hell out of me :thumbsup:

·
DZG
891 Posts
Rakitić is a class player, he is essential to the Barca midfield, not replacable so easily and key player for them. I hope Kovač will find a way to make him more influential for Croatia.

Excellent start to the season for him :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,582 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
341 - 360 of 382 Posts