·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:musik:

Wonder where his football journey will take him next year?

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I think the draw/interest of playing in the Champions League will prove to be too much, that rules out Man U too (which is good, that place is a mess now). What say you?
I remember at the start of his potential transfer saga Ivan kept saying that he was going to stay at Sevilla. But we don't hear any of that talk anymore. For that reason along with the monetary/business value the transfer will generate for Sevilla, I think he plays somewhere else next year.

I would like to see him go to Real Madrid, but I don't know if he will get ample playing time there? Ultimately I would like him to stay in Spain.

·
Registered
6,784 Posts
This was a huge year for Ivan at the club level, just hope this translates to NT success! :hopeful: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Ultimately I would like him to stay in Spain.
I love it when our players end up in Spain. It's the best league in terms of the style of play... which compliments our flair for the game. There is a greater respect for the opponent - not as physical or likely to get hacked like in the EPL. I also like the climate of Spain - decreases the chance of muscle tissue injuries.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I love it when our players end up in Spain. It's the best league in terms of the style of play... which compliments our flair for the game. There is a greater respect for the opponent - not as physical or likely to get hacked like in the EPL. I also like the climate of Spain - decreases the chance of muscle tissue injuries.
That was very nicely done Petro! I owe you a pivo. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
This was a huge year for Ivan at the club level, just hope this translates to NT success! :hopeful: :thumbsup:
I hate to be a downer, but lets hope it translates to the NT. Raketa has had some horror moments for the Repka, most notably the turnover against the Turks at Euro '08 and the missed header against the Spanish at Euro '12.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I hate to be a downer, but lets hope it translates to the NT. Raketa has had some horror moments for the Repka, most notably the turnover against the Turks at Euro '08 and the missed header against the Spanish at Euro '12.
Dear Sulla/Debbie Downer, :)

I understand what you are trying to say but the "hope of translating" part I don't really understand fully? He has played very well for us and has delivered and I don't see him being lost in translation so to speak. Let’s be clear, the only chance and key to our success at this tournament is playing as one cohesive unit with everyone contributing from top to bottom. If we do that we can surprise at this tournament. If we don't than it will be extremely disappointing to watch.

Excellent points were raised in regards to Turkey 08, and Euro 12, as he does seem snake bit. The only remedy for snake bites is a "positive" medicinal play of some kind to remove the poison. Let's hope it happens!! Big play big play no whammy no whammy!!

All I ask is that they keep him close to the striker/s in the center of the field! He does not have the speed to be as effective at the RW spot and he is much better suited closer to the striker than further away.

Signed,

Positive (Yet objective) Pivorakija :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
He's been superb. And his set piece deliveries are going to be a massive weapon, especially against Mexico.

Raketa-Luka-Kova combination ufffff

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think we have massive reason to be positive-two of the best mid fielders in La Liga as well as the worlds best teenager Mateo Kovacic, in form Perisic can't be a bad thing, let's just hope our defense stays solid! Ajmooo!

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
Hopefully delivers at the World Cup. But I also hope he can get Sevilla to win the Europa League. I think Sevilla can get past Benfica. I like their chances and maybe we can see Ivan at CL next season.

·
No pain - No gain.
4,154 Posts
Chelsea ponder £22m Rakitic bid

Chelsea are to battle Liverpool for Ivan Rakitic and are contemplating a £22 million bid for the Sevilla star.

Source: Football Direct News

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chelsea ponder £22m Rakitic bid

Chelsea are to battle Liverpool for Ivan Rakitic and are contemplating a £22 million bid for the Sevilla star.

Source: Football Direct News
Please don't join that anti football Mourinho oligarch piece of crap :cecco:club ...please Ivan .. Liverpool, Man U, Juventus are all fine-please just not Chelski :yuck:

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^

Rakitic and Matic in the middle? Ide love that as a Chelsea supporter.
Maksimilian, why would you want Rakitic when you got rid of Mata? Do you think Mourinho will utilize a creative mid fielder effectively - he didn't use Luka Modric at Real - until the end of the season, mainly he always plays 2 defensive mid fielders-very safe, very BOOORING! Mourinho has a record of ruining creative flair players and going for utility type players such as Khedira, Matic etc. while players like Modric, Mata or even Cole were on the fringes of his team selections!

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
With all due sincerity I am not a fan of "any" of our midfielders going to England and playing.

However.....

SLF is right on the money and hits a homerun with his issue of Rakitic going to Chelsea.

Bravo my friend. :thumbsup:

Mourinho = Overrated

The above statement is an understatement. Before people start having a conniption please let me explain very simply.

He is a good/decent coach, no doubt about it, but he is severely severely overrated.

I would take Ancelotti, (and many others), any day of the week over him as coach and I say this prior to the year Real Madrid and Luka Modric have had.

Here it comes again.

Mourinho = Overrated – Learn it, live it, love it.

1 - 20 of 382 Posts