Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ivan Ergic, the Croatian emigree with silky skills and great touch, just might be Croatia's midfield answer. Ever heard of him?

Ivan Ergic je hrvatski iseljenik primoran kao i vecina nasih sunarodnika zbog agresija na Hrvatsku napustiti svoje ognjiste.

Ergic je svoju nogometnu karijeru poceo u Glory-ju iz Pertha 1999. godine. Brzo su ga uocili skauti torinskog Juventusa, sa kojima je odmah slijedece sezone potpisao klauzulu i presao u Torino.

Iako je dosao 2000. godine u Torino, Ergic za Juventus nije odigrao ni jednu utakmicu, mada ima samo dvadeset-jednu godinu i na prvi pogled je vidno da ovaj mladi centralni vezista ima potencijala da postane veliki nogometas.

Celnici Juventusa, kada su dobili ponudu od svicarskog FC Basela da mladi Ergic predje u njihove redove na pozajmicu upravnici Stare Dame se nisu dvoumili i odmah su ga poslali na kalenje.

Sezonu 2000/2001 je odigrao odlicno, dvadeset-dvije ligaske utakmice i dva postignuta gola, sasvim solidan ucinak mladog Sibencanina koji jos nije igrao ni za Australijsku ni za Hrvatsku reprezentaciju a trebalo bi da se grabe oko njega.

No evo ove sezone, odlicna artiljerija Basela (185 visok 84 kilograma tezak) je odigrao trideset-jednu ligasku utakmicu i sedam puta se upisao u listu strelaca, nitko ne gleda statistike, nitko se ne osvrce na dobre partije.

Jeste da je u poslijednjih nekoliko utakmica igrao od pocetka pa izlazio ili ulazio u drugom poluvremenu, ali cinjenica je da je Basel prvi na ljestvici, a sto bi trosili snage ako to mogu bitii i sa upola energije. E pa vrijeme je i da se netko odluci, hoce li Ergic igrati za Hrvatsku kao sto bi trebalo, po rodjenju i porijeklu ili za Australiju svoju drugu domovinu. Previse je talenata otislo, zar mora i ovaj?

I have heard of Ergic, and have seen him interviewed on NSL highlights. Has anyone heard of him? Seen him play? For Juventus to be interested in this young player (23) he must be a standout talent. I don't know too much more about him, maybe he isn't even contemplating playing for us, maybe he's not of Croatian nationality since he left Sibenik.

Anyone?

·
©
7,230 Posts
Its is more likely that he will play for Yugoslavia!! Either his mum or his dad is Serb. I think he was already called up to play for the Yugoslav under 21 team. There was a story on TV about him when he got sold overseas and in his bedroom he had all Red Star scarves, posters and also stuff from the Yugo national team so it is clear where his heart lies. Anyway, he is eligible to play for Australia, Croatia and Yugoslavia.

He was a great player here in Australia and you could see that he was just a class above most players in terms of technique and the way he played.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well there you go, I had a suspiscion he might, because he left during the war, like many others including Dokic, and 'yugoslavs' born in Croatia like Mihajlovic, Binjevcevic and Stojakovic.

I lay no claim to these Croatian born serbs, good luck to them and their carrers. As far as I'm concerned, they're foreigners.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
lol, well they can be foreigners if they want, but they can be croatians as well... up to them

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
true, born in Croatia, raised in Croatia, it's their choice. Just like Simunic chose to play for us instead of Australia, although most Croatian serbs have been there for many generations, unlike Seric or Simunic whose parents were born in Croatia.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Ergic has a great career ahead of him but too bad he has already represented the Yugoslavian Under 21 side. He only played one season for Glory :cool: and then was off to Juve where of course he was loaned to Basel. And it's great to see that he has already won a Swiss title with Basel a couple of weeks back.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good luck to 'im :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
hahahhahahaha...

I love how Ero's post started:

"Ivan Ergic, the Croatian emigree with silky skills and great touch, just might be Croatia's midfield answer. Ever heard of him? "

and when Dinamo11 pointed out that he has played for Yugo it goes to this:

"I lay no claim to these Croatian born serbs, good luck to them and their carrers. As far as I'm concerned, they're foreigners."

:D :) ;) that made me laugh. i've heard some funny things today. it's been good.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
LOL.

:howler:

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Ero speaks with his heart,there is nothing wrong with that.
it's just a bit funny in this case...

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Nothing malicious intended, just having a good laugh.

Ero keep wearing your heart on your sleeve. Nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
"Ero keep wearing your heart on your sleeve. Nothing wrong with that"

EXPLAIN THIS EXPRESION TO ME.
I'VE NEVER HEARD OF IT

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
It means expresses your true emotions and thoughts.

Not keeping them hidden. It basically means there's nothing wrong with being honest.

It's the exact opposite of what politicians do.

It's become vogue to hide yourself in this day in age because of the oppressive paradigm we call 'political correctness' which has its roots in the age of the enlightenment.

Rousseau said that the greatest tyranny would become the ideals of the enlightenment because they sound good.

Well it's happened and for the worse.

One can't vote for certain politicians in certain 'western democracies' without being branded a rabid racist.

It's a fukin' disgrace and Ero keep wearin' your heart on your sleeve because I obviously don't have the nards to do so or can't because of that aforementioned well sounding paradigm.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
You're welcome and political apathy is the worst consequence of poli-correctness............

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Heck, I'd never heard of him, and found that article on a serbian site, so I assumed he was Croatian, as did they. Even if he is serb, romanian, ugandan or whjatever, he is still blessed with great midfield skills and is a Croatian emigree.

Upon being informed he was playing for yugo, I did not retract my original comment, as he is a Croatian emigree with skills, but I did say that I do not lay claim to him. Some serbs to this day lay claim to Croatian legend Drazen Petrovic, which you all agree is wrong and distasteful.

So placebo, you must ofcourse be aware that my original post was based on that article, and my other post was based on the revelation that Ergic chose 'yugoslavia'.

I see no problem with either, both propositions are certainly true. So what's the problem placebo?

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Ero is right! so is everyone else too! its all about the guys personal decision if he wants to be Croatian then he IS! and thats great if he doesnt! JEBI GA! we dont want him!:D

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Ljubuski said:

One can't vote for certain politicians in certain 'western democracies' without being branded a rabid racist.
Well, if you vote for some1 who is openly racist, then you are supporting racism, are you not? Point of democracies is that you can vote for whoever you want, even though they might be racists or whatever... however, nothing protects you from general view of public, thats why its called democracy... and thats why all those fine U.S. papers and TV shows have jokes about G.W., even though JureM doesnt like 'em ;-)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts