Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mallorca Pull Off Surprise Iuliano Signing

Mallorca coach Hector Cuper has completed the shock signing of Juventus defender Mark Iuliano for an undisclosed fee. The former Italy international has yet to start a league match for the Bianconeri this season, and has been linked with a move elsewhere on several occasions.

Iuliano joined Juve in 1996.

goal.com
-------------------------------------------------------------
Any opinions? Do you think this is a good signing for Mallorca?

·
1st Tier Poster
50,423 Posts
He's a decent defender. In La Liga there is a clear lack of quality centre backs, so I wouldn't be surprised if he makes an impact there.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
...or the lack of coverage will expose his lack of pace even further... ;).

In any event... thanks for the memories and good luck Iuliano!

Setzer: I honestly don't know. Iuliano used to be a very competent central defender, and perhaps regular games can bring out that quality again. Judged on his last two campaigns with Juve he hasn't done well at all when getting his outings, and as this forum will show- we've just been waiting for him to leave to be honest. Hard fact, but true.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Oh, Mark Iuliano...
There goes another player I really liked.
I'm sure he will do great in Spain.
I will miss him...

·
Registered
17,630 Posts
Was a good player, has been mediocre in recent memory.

I suppose his signing for Mallorca is all relative, and as Glen said maybe first team football will kick start his flagging career.

I don't imagine they paid much for him and perhaps given a conducive environment he will perform well.

I must say it never struck me that Cuper would be a fan of his.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Cuper is always a fan of defenders with quality, and Iuliano was/is most definitely one. Good player and has been a great server for Juventus, often punching well above his weight.

His last two seasons should not diminish his overal contribution.

·
Administrator
53,109 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
His last two seasons should not diminish his overal contribution.
I agree,even if I'm relieved to see him go,I still respect him and has fond memories of him.His last two season aside,he has been great,more then expected,sens he came from Salernitana.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
He had a geat time with the bianconeri and learnt so much,sadly his time was up all the best Mark. :thmbup:

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Absolutely delighted to see Grandpa leave. About time too!

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
On the one hand I appreaciate what he did for us in the past years - seassons 97 (2nd part) and 98 mainly.

In recent years, however, to be objective, he was more of a trouble for us.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
A defender better than Billy Costacurta (and younger than him as well) offloaded by Juve!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
53,109 Posts
milano77 said:
A defender better than Billy Costacurta (and younger than him as well) offloaded by Juve!!!!!!!
what the f*ck are you on about? sorry,but if I was a Rossoneri(god forbid) I wouldnt insult such a loyal servant like Costacurta,whos still going strong and playing good though he is almost 39,by comparing him to Luliano who completely have lost it.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
chinq said:
We owe him the 97/98 Scudetto. Thanks Mark and all the best!
It was'nt him who brought down ronaldo in that infamous match was it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts