Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Genk forward and Israeli international Barak Itzhaki is currently in Israel to sign his return to champions Beitar Jerusalem. The player who left Beitar in January to play in Belgium has declared he is willing to return and help Beitar to reach a place in the Champions League.
At Genk Itzhaki played 15 games, scored 3 goals and had 3 assists.

For Beitar is great news, he will be important and playing alongside Abreu upfront wil really give a good firepower, but for his career IMO it was better for him to stay in Belgium.

Well anyways if the deal goes through good luck to him and to Beitar.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Genk forward and Israeli international Barak Itzhaki is currently in Israel to sign his return to champions Beitar Jerusalem. The player who left Beitar in January to play in Belgium has declared he is willing to return and help Beitar to reach a place in the Champions League.
At Genk Itzhaki played 15 games, scored 3 goals and had 3 assists.

For Beitar is great news, he will be important and playing alongside Abreu upfront wil really give a good firepower, but for his career IMO it was better for him to stay in Belgium.

Well anyways if the deal goes through good luck to him and to Beitar.
Good player, but no mentality at all....
He was not willing to adapt to the European way of playing like Barda did.
And he had problems of not being the star at genk as he was at Beitar.
With that mentality he will never play in a bigger European competition.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I am happy with this, even though I don't really like Beitar (I am leftist and Beitar are... well, no comments needed). But in Europe, I will root for Beitar for the benefit of Israeli football in general. Itzhaki does a good move IMO. Genk is a decent club but not really a top club in Belgium, while Beitar is currently the nr 1 in a league not that much below the Belgian league. So this move is a step forward. I mean, better off in the nr 1 of the Israeli league than a mid-table team in the Belgian league IMO.

Hopefull he can help Beitar do well in Europe. Wisla should be overcome for sure, so that means they are sure of UEFA Cup at least (and with a bit of luck with the draw, they may be able to reach the actual CL)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Good player, but no mentality at all....
He was not willing to adapt to the European way of playing like Barda did.
And he had problems of not being the star at genk as he was at Beitar.
With that mentality he will never play in a bigger European competition.
You're a bit over exaggerating.
itzhacki is still young,he has no friends in belgium,no family and isn't use to your weather. thats all understandable.
barda has his wife and kids to go home to itzhacki has no one.
the move to europe was propably to early for him.

·
Registered
418 Posts
itzhacki is still young,he has no friends in belgium,no family and isn't use to your weather. thats all understandable.

He is already 23... we have players of 18-19 years old that also are alone in Belgium...

·
Registered
418 Posts
At Genk they deny a transfer.

"Barak is back to Israel because of family problems. For the same reason he returned two weeks ago. The situation is difficult."

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ithzaki should have been on training this afternoon, however he was not there.
I think Genk will go to FIFA with this.

·
Registered
65 Posts
He had Barda. I think 'homesickness' is the worst excuse for simply not wanting to improve as a player, not the least of all for the Israeli national team and Itzhaki himself, which is a shame with all the talent and ability he has. This is not even to mention simply walking out on a signed contract and if he ever changes his mind and does want to go to europe it does not look good for him.

It is easy to go back Beitar and Israel being that is what he knows and it's difficult to blame him but as a professional he should be able to handle it. I would have liked to have seen what he could have done in a full season at Genk.

·
Registered
418 Posts
He had Barda. I think 'homesickness' is the worst excuse for simply not wanting to improve as a player, not the least of all for the Israeli national team and Itzhaki himself, which is a shame with all the talent and ability he has. This is not even to mention simply walking out on a signed contract and if he ever changes his mind and does want to go to europe it does not look good for him.

It is easy to go back Beitar and Israel being that is what he knows and it's difficult to blame him but as a professional he should be able to handle it. I would have liked to have seen what he could have done in a full season at Genk.
ANd not to forget, a Genk that is aiming at a good season. The club has done a lot of effort to bring very good players in the team. Three of the new players are internationals, and the other one was wanted by every top team in Belgium. All transfers are worth more than 1.5 million for each player.

·
Registered
65 Posts
ANd not to forget, a Genk that is aiming at a good season. The club has done a lot of effort to bring very good players in the team. Three of the new players are internationals, and the other one was wanted by every top team in Belgium. All transfers are worth more than 1.5 million for each player.
I hope Genk do try and block his move and Itzhaki realizes what kind of opportunity he has in Genk, though I don't think this would end for the attitude of either Genk or Barak. But I hope I am wrong.

Also, I support Beitar but I do not like their behavior regarding this. I love Barak and would love to have him back, but you can not interfere like this with other clubs players.

·
Registered
293 Posts

So he had barda so what? he isn't family to itzhacki,i bet they never even talked to each other before he came to genk.
one friend who wants to spend all of his time with his family doesn't count.

excuse? itzhacki is alone in belgium how does that have anything to do with improving as a player? for him playing in a place like belgium isn't worth the lonlyness.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Barda: "I will only leave Genk for a topcompetition"

Elyaniv Barda stays at Genk for the moment. There is interest from Germany, Holland and France. 'But I only want to leave Genk for a real topcompetition.'
Genk is asking more than 4 million € for the striker.

Ithzaki still has not yet reached an agreement with Beitar. THere is also no agreement between Genk and Beitar.

after edit:
We don't know if its true, but it seems Beitar is not wanting to pay more than 1 million € for Ithzaki, an offer Genk won't except because Ithzaki costed more when he came to Genk.
But it seems Beitar is also not willing to accept all demands of Ithzaki.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
According to Israeli media, there has been a significant improvement in talks with Itzchaki. His signing to Beitar is a question of time (according to israeli media)

·
Registered
418 Posts
According to Belgian media Beitar made an offer which was too low for Genk. Genk says 'Beitar know his price, and if they dont want to pay that, he is staying at Genk'

Ithzaki is willing to pay € 200.000 by himself, but it is still not enough.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Well Benayoun also had homesickness at Ajax and became a great player that we all know. But either way he goes he will be fine IMO, but at Genk he has a good chance to improve some skills.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Beitar fans website FCBJ.NET says agreements have been signed with all sides(beitar,genk itzhacki) and beitar are waiting for the official release from genk to announce the deal.

·
Registered
65 Posts
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1215331013535&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

This article fits my belief perfectly. The entire Israeli mentality has to change if the players are to truly progress abroad. As a professional homesickness should never be a reason to quit.

I even read that Itzhaki had a release clause of 2 million euro put in his contract to go to a top European team if given the chance, but this whole situation certainly would not make him appealing to any club.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
According to Israeli Media, Barak Itzchaki will sign a 4-years-contract with Beitar.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Official: According to Barak's manager Ronen Katzav, Itzchaki is now a Beitar player. Both teams have agreed about a tranfer sum of 1.2 Million Euro

1 - 20 of 22 Posts