Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else fed up with being shoved onto itv2 to watch Chelsea in the champions league?

i certainly am! i couldn't believe my eyes when they put arsenal vs Rosenberg on itv1 and stuck Chelsea vs proto on itv2!

And sadly the home leg of Barcelona vs Chelsea happens to be on the same night as man united vs ac Milan :moan: so itv2 again :fero: :fero:

Not Fair!

·
Registered
33 Posts
id rather watch Chelsea style of play than Arsenals

i dont mind man utd being on some great memories of there champs league games

ITV1 - Chelsea/Man Utd
ITV2 - Arsenal/Liverpool

thats what i ITV should do

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
You don't know how many times i've said this ;).

ITV's serious bias towards Arsenal and Man Utd.

Last time we were on ITV1 two times. Once against Arsenal, and ocne against Monaco (Arsenal and Man Utd were knocked out).

It's a disgrace. Sky are a bit better but still prefer Arsenal and Man Utd.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much. As long as you get to watch your team nothing else matters. The way Sky have revolutionised the ammount and choice of football you can watch has changed the game for the better. Shame they've nicked all the rights for the cricket though! :mad:

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Man Utd And Arsenal have more fans than Chelsea and always get higher viewing figures ;)

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Not theoretically.

Man utd I can agree on.

Chelsea have had higher average viewing figure sin 99/2000 than Arsenal ahve ever had so that's wrong. Same with last year against Monaco.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
ITV is a commercial company, they pick whoever will give them higher ratings, it's not rocket science, the higher the ratings the more advertising revenue they get.

it's not a bias against Chelsea, it's down to how much money they can earn, if United were playing the same day as the Arsenal then United would be on, end of story.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
ITV is a commercial company, they pick whoever will give them higher ratings, it's not rocket science, the higher the ratings the more advertising revenue they get.

it's not a bias against Chelsea, it's down to how much money they can earn, if United were playing the same day as the Arsenal then United would be on, end of story.

But for Arsenal it's not actually true :O.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The last round they showed Arsenal vs Rosenborg instead of Chelsea vs porto (European champs!!)

Surely thats messed up!

·
Registered
791 Posts
SegaRossi said:
The last round they showed Arsenal vs Rosenborg instead of Chelsea vs porto (European champs!!)

Surely thats messed up!
The simple equation is

Arsenal qualification on the line + Chelsea already qualified = SHOW THE GUNNERS. Got it!! :shades:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you work at chelsea but your avatar is of manchester? Peter is that you :D

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Titi8383 said:
You are more thicker than I thought. :)

Why would they show Arsenal if the Chelski games would give them higher ratings?

Well I saw it in a magazine last year regardind the highest rated television games.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
JackoTheDon said:
Well I saw it in a magazine last year regardind the highest rated television games.

really Jacko ? i don't think so, ITV are the most ratings orientated channel going, why do you think they never used to show small clubs on the Premiership ? why were United on for twenty minutes every week ?

do you really think a top cheese at ITV is cutting off his nose to spite his face just to piss off Chelsea fans ? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
SegaRossi said:
Anybody else fed up with being shoved onto itv2 to watch Chelsea in the champions league?

i certainly am! i couldn't believe my eyes when they put arsenal vs Rosenberg on itv1 and stuck Chelsea vs proto on itv2!

And sadly the home leg of Barcelona vs Chelsea happens to be on the same night as man united vs ac Milan :moan: so itv2 again :fero: :fero:

Not Fair!

Would you still be moaning the same had Rosenbourg won?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts