Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
42,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was like a fad, here at XT. While active it was certainly hot but alas as we know it was oh-so-brief, condensed into a single thread and the participants filtering away...

Anyway I'm bored and I felt like writing anything. It's my brother's birthday on the 26th and yesterday I bought him a game I thought he'd like. He has a PSP and has enjoyed all of the GTA games so I picked up Chinatown Wars for the discounted price of $20, yay.

Happy Birthday David.

·
Registered
42,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Krle. Say, do you tend to remember your dreams all that distinctly? Lately I've often been left with the impression that something disturbing has passed, but rarely can I piece the images together.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Sometimes, usually when I'm well rested. But I've read a lot about lucid dreaming and one of the first steps to getting control over your dreams is keeping some sort of diary in which you write down the (few) memories you do have. Maybe a starting point?

·
Registered
42,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have written down a number of my dreams - on this forum. Something that differs, though, I know some people keep a notebook on their bedside table so the moment they wake they're very quick to jot down every detail they can recall of their dream experiences. I'm not doing that, I don't have that immediacy, so sometimes details fade... indeed, keeping a book beside me would be good.

Talking about dream concepts with my brother, for example, imagine if it was possible to look at your own or someone else's dreams via some kind of funky visualization machine or whatever, something really far out. Imagine far in the future people can upload their own dreams to certain media outlets for observation.

Thanks Bill.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
The people to blame are the pissy admins.

·
Registered
41,681 Posts
Same here. XT would be a wonderful, random, merry-go-round of a place, if you ran the shop.

·
Registered
42,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's 12:24am and everyone's in bed. It's so quiet. The loudest sound is the constant low hum or rumble from the fridge, which comes from the neighbouring kitchen to the lounge area as I type this. Sorry I like to go into stupid details.

After I woke I had the sense that I dreamt about France, which didn't surprise me as I'd been thinking of the country prior to falling asleep. I'm interested in doing searches on flickr about various French cities such as Lyon to gain some kind of impression. Also that mali is obviously connected to the place, have I asked her what she thinks of her home city?

Oh, I just realized a few more fun things that I'd like to write about. A few nights ago it was a mostly clear night and so beautiful it was, neither cold nor humid or anything. It was a full moon and its intensity and brightness across the sky was striking. Also there were minor clouds gathering nearby and so eventually what would happen - the clouds would pass over the moon and be silhouetted by the moon's brightness, I guess. It was a brilliant effect. As I said it was a clear night so we brought out our binoculars and observed the moon and the stars, the sky was very full and the details impressive, I thought I caught a nebula and the details on the moon, the craters, was amazing.

After that we walked over to the carport and noticed a spider was busy constructing its web. We were just standing there for some minutes, my brother holding a flashlight, watching as the spider traversed across what looked to be a large and elaborately constructed web. It was pretty interesting to see it work its way across its own design. We wondered about what species it was. I'd read about wolf spiders and those have eight eyes - compound eyes. Imagine each eye is like a television image but shattered into a thousand pieces, and this colour is that colour... also only females can weave silk.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
We were Nuked, what happened was a war crime. Unfortunately like those commited by the Americans it will probably never be punished.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
:proud: So true

·
1st Tier Poster
49,700 Posts
it's too bad I didn't apply for a mod position here back then when I still had mod cred...I could've self-censored it then like I sometimes did with my troll threads in the Lounge when they got out of hand. :lala:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts