Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's the final countdown - Round 33th, Official thread

Let it all here.....big action coming up in the Leumit, 3 teams fighting for 2 promotion tickets, 3 teams fighting against relegation whereas in Ligat ha'AL Hapoel Haifa will need to work hard to avoid relegation as they're home to Maccabi Tel Aviv while Beitar will host champions Maccabi Haifa.

Ashdod could also secure the 4th place today in case of a victory over Rishon, and Hapoel TA will finish their season away to Maccabi Petah Tikva.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
This is a really tempting time indeed for the Israeli leauges.

The Liga Leumit is really tense right now...its up for grabs for anyone. I think the main competition would be Bney Yehuda and Maccabi Herzelia whom are just 1 point away from each other.

But then again, Maccabi Herzelia is just 1 measley point from 1st place Hap. Kfar Saba! The biggest upset of the season would be having Maccabi Herzelia and Bney Yehuda in while kfar saba loses and gets eliminated from promotions! :skull:

As for the LIGA A'hal, since the leauge is pretty much done. Most of the attention goes for the bottom leauge.
Eventhough i respect Hapoel Haifa, i still don't see a chance with them ever succeeding the staying in the leauge. They had too many chances, and even if they win, they must win alot and i doubt that Maccabi Tel Aviv will let in and potential goals for Hapoel. As you know.....Mr. Rodrigo is been very good the past few games.

As for beitar, i kinda am upset and probably expect no more than a loss...BUT, even if its a loss, im still hopeful, because between Hapoel Haifa and Beitar, its all about a few points and wheater they will both be relegated. one of them will have to stay and probably whom ever gets more goals will and that is beitar!

Hapoel needs to win 4-0 and Beitar needs to lose like 1-0 or something for Hapoel to succeed Beitar and to not be relegated!

is this possible?

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually Hapoel Haifa could win 2:0 and hope Beitar loses 3:0 or vice-versa...it is possible, but unlikely. Hapoel Haifa doesn't even look a team that believes in itself, the players, the coach, the management staff all look hopeless and most of them already accepted the relegation.

The Leumit is undoubtedly one of the most fascinating leagues in Europe, I will say it again :D The IFA decided to postpone all games for tomorrow (they're usually taking place on Friday). 2 of the teams involved in the games with 2 of the leaders are still fighting against relegation (Tsafririm and Hapoel Ramat Gan) so this obviously adds plenty of spice.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
You forgot to mention Ashdod, Hapoel Petah Tikva and Be'er Sheva all fighting for the 4th place which gives Intertoto paritipcation. If Ashdod wins today the fight is over and they won it.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
The scariest thing i think of relegation for Hapoel Haifa is the financial woes. They are in a bad situation and its only going to get worser? Would they have to re-seel and re-do there mangment in order to survive and hopefully be able to participate in the next year promotion to Liga a'hal?

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
If 2 teams have the same points first you look on how many wins the team have and only then the goal diffrence.

Hapoel Haifa and Beitar have 7 wins each so if Beitar loses and Haifa wins then Beitar will get relegated.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not exactly...
there was this debate last week after the Eglon Shlomo Sharf said it on the radio, but later I listened to Moshe Avivi from the IFA who said that the first criteria is goal difference. Hence, in order for Haifa to avoid relegation they need to erase the 5 goal deficit and hope we lose.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I didn't know that.

In the season that Hapoel TA was champions the wins were before the goal diffrence.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Goal at Netanya!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two games in the Leumit as well:

Beit She'an 0 - 0 Hakoach

Beitar BS 1 (Dmitry Serbakov 23) - 1 Sachnin (Muharer 21)

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Didn't all the games posponed to shabat becasue of shavuot?

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I don't know, but the goal difference criteria is the first factor that being taken into account. Take the Leumit promotion fight as example, Hapoel Kfar Saba need only one more point to qualify unless Bney Yehuda scores 8 past Nazrath and erase their goal deficit from Kfar Saba...

And all of the games are tomorrow to save these 5.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
GOAL!!!!!!!!!

Kobi Refua with another goal, penalty, 20 minute vs Hapoel Tel Aviv

Maccabi PT 1 Hap TA 0

Kobi Refua, our topgoalscorer for this season.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Drama in the Artzit?

Majad El Krum 0 - Nazrath Illit 2

Taibe 0 Shimson 0

Shimson are ahead of Illit due to goal diference and have to win their game, if not they miss out on promotion.

the games ar e in the first half

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
A short reciep of the results:

Maccabi Petah Tikva 1 Hapoel Tel Aviv 0
Maccabi Netanya 1 Hapoel Petah Tikva 1
Ironi Rishon 1 SC Ashdod 0

---

Beit She'an 0 Hakoach 0
Beitar B.S 1 Sachnin 1

--