Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, he is going to sign for Olympiakos afterall.

"I didn't sleep the last nights" he said. "I almost cried whe i called Vanden STock to announce my decision. What hurts the most is that i can't say goodbye to my supporters. It were the 13 most beautiful years in my life. THere are no words to describe how sad i am right now"

But Zetterberg asks that people understand his decision. He can earn more then $1,3 million without the bonus for winning games etc.

"Everyone told me to do it, and when i didn't i was crazy. If i wanted to have one more challenge in my career this was my chance. I didn't signed yet. There are a few details but i made my decision" he said.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well gOd, i have to disagree with you. Olympiakos is one step higher then Anderlecht. Did you see them in the CL last year. They were impressing. Anderlecht played some good games in Europe last season but they don't come close to Olympiakos in my eyes. They have more money and have more chance to achieve there ambitions in my opinion.
Zetterberg said many times that he only wanted to stay with Anderlecht when they are ambitious anough and feels he can win something in Europe there. He must have felt that he had more chance to do it with Olympiakos than with Anderlecht. I'm not saying they're winning the CL but they have more chance to go further then Anderlecht. Sorry, i would like to see it the other way also ..
When Anderlecht is going to sell Koller, GOor, .. They can start all over again and again few years are wasted.
I can understand him for his ambitions (but he also did it for the money ofcourse..)
BTW : Olympiakos is in the CL and Anderlecht still has to play qualifications round !

Remember you still have Stoica and now it his chance to prove he is also great :)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
If he is too good for Greece then he is twice too good for Belgium.He leaves for a better league and a better club.His love for Anderlecht equals this advantages of a move to Olympiakos but money was another strong point so he took his decision.

Olympiakos can offer him CL football,a thing Anderlcth must go past two rounds to made it.PLUS Olympiakos is a more wealthy and ambitius club with biggest possibilities of making something good in CL next year than Anderlecht.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts