Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Come on, the guy is not that bad. In fact I doubt he is bad at all. Imho an OK keeper who is quite perfect as a solution for the given situation. It's not like we all desperately wanted the situation, but as it's given, the solution is OK. I think...

:)

(PS.: f*ck indoor title, as they destroyed the classic tournament. Plus we still can easily win it with Safar anyway and if not, what the heck...it's other clubs who need things like the indoor titles or extra angefertigte "Herbstmeister" plastic trophys, just to lose to the "Winterkönig" two weeks after that. We win enough real titles, the real Hallenturnier is destroyed, so we certainly don't need that winb too badly. It's a matter of mitnehmen oder nicht, whatever.... ;))

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Safar is no bad solution as second keeper, but for the indoor-tournament I'd prefer someone knowing indoor-play really well - Mandl would be such a keeper (as he proved last year), but he decided not to play, as we know... :mad:

However, you're right, noone cares about the tournament nowadays, thanks to that Palme-idiot.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...and on the first day, Safar was exactly the keeper you want for an indoor tournament. Very good performance and I hear four years ago he was "keeper of the tournament", so also for semi-meaningful things like Halle he is a very good decision, imo.

For me Safar is clearly better than Mandl and I'm talking overall. As a keeper indoors/outdoors and from his Charakter. We won't see Intrigen all over the place, I'm convinced about that, and I even think it could turn out Safar is the best keeper we have. Remember German Bundesliga having a contract for him right before he broke his arms. So he never was bad or average, he simply is a good keeper with the very good keeper potential. For that I'm pretty sure. And he very well added to the greenies remaining down in the dust today!

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
....good keeping, bad herausspielen, very bad. However, also not exactly the Stärke of Mandl. Anyways, whatever....

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Re: Re: It's Safar...

tgv325 said:
What a piece of irony...
He was the perfect indoor-keeper though. It's not like you can blame him for the loss, at such 2 on 2 situations, everything can happen...And Safar saved the game two or three times before.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just saw the repetition of the last minutes of the final yesterday - including the ridiculous blue card for Vastic.
Anyway, the pass was just stupid, he should have gone for goal himself.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...and as we are talking of saving, do we need to save the sticky stuff for the important issue thread? I mean, of course it is pretty wurscht if we keep it or not, but somehow these rows of sticky threads in the various forums distract from threads which are alive, no?. Just a question....

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Let's make a poll for the Mario thread!

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
And back to Safar, who could easily be our No 1 goalie for the start of the spring season AND for the decisive rounds of the Meisterschaft.

And that's because: Socceroos coach Frank Farina hinted he thinks about taking Joey to Venezuela (game on 18th of Ferbuary).

Joey stated repeatedly he wants to be the new number 1 in the Australian NT. Now, if he succeeds, or at least succeeds to Australia's number 2 (which he already is, on par with some other guy), he might very well get a call to the Oceania Nations Cup - 18th of May to 8th of June...

And oh, the answer to this might not be "which idiot let Mandl go", the answer to this is "Go go Safar", the guy who is willing to fight for number one, most unlike Mr. Mandl was.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As for today's test-game: Didulica had to catch one cross (and he did) in 45 minutes. Safar had to catch one cross as well and to block a shoot. His two passes reached some other FAK players too.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
May I boast that I think I was right? I believe Safar is the best goalie from our 4 number 1 goalies....and I say that as a Joey fan. The cup run singlehandedly belongs to Safar. Good attitude, good courage, good keeping. My full respect to the guy.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He was great yesterday and in the penalty shoot outs, no question. I think Didulica is the better "player" though.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
In my observation Didulica has a little weakness on the nerves' side. Safar hasn't, he looks like a rock, Austrahlungswise and such.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts