Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, well, looks like we face our old nemecis-Sweden. The country which we have never been able to get by for qualification into any major tournament.

Time for a change baby!:)

Its gonna be fun.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Poland is a very good team and will definately challenge Sweden for top spot in your group. Let's hope Finland can do the same against the all-mighty Italy.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeah, it'll be fun. Poland has definately improved since the last time we played, but so have we.

Bring it on! :)

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
i still cant get over that last game where you beat us and all we needed was1 point to get past england and into the playoff round, i still remember how heart broken i was that day.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Marek, I was there live on both games, on the Slanski Stadium I was cheering for Sweden, back home here in Sweden I tried to back Poland up, but it didn't work :sigh:
But this time, from what I've seen, Sweden hasn't improved much since those games, but Poland has, and now they got the big difference between now and then, success and failure, OLI!! :cool:
I think Poland will prolly win on homesoil, Sweden should count themselves very lucky if they even get away with one point. Here in Sweden it will be a more open story :undecide:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
i also think that both teams will win at home. Now since we have Oli, and a whole new team in back of him, i do think we can take first. I know Sweden is a really talented team, so i wouldn't at all be surprised if they got 1st place. I am going to watch both games live too...on tv that is :D.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Kaluzny, juz don't let our crappy way of playing against smaller nations in our group Like Latvia and San Marino fool you, cuz we juz suck at having ball possession.
I also think the character of this game will be a bit effected by the results the teams will get during the WC. If Poland for example will play good, and Sweden will be out in the first round, Poland will have the pressure on them, specially on homesoil, which was the case last time.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
yea, Poland plays bad vs poorer countries as well, i have no idea why?

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Guess it's lack of motivation, cuz in Polands case there's enuff talented players to be able to have ball possession against weaker teams.
Swedens way of playing is based on a pretty defensive style, which makes ball possession a complicated story that Sweden aren't too good at, but somehow they manage to make it anyway :D

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
well, once again, dat's how Poland plays. Exactly the same style. Our best part of our NT is our defense. We rely on counter-attacks. Wow, Poland and Sweden's tactics aren't all that different.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Kaluzny, do you know when and where the match in Poland, against Sweden will be played?
Or is so far only the group that has been established, not the match schedule :confused:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
So far they just have the group down. Engel, as well as the Swedish, Latvian, Hungarian, and San Marino's coaches will meet together (i think later in Feb.?) and make a schedule that suits everyone the best. Dat's what i heard/read somewhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts