Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That match proved you can't be the best in Europe playing the way we do. Valencia played football the right way...solid in defence, fast and athletic in attack. Their football reminds me of AC Milan during Van Basten's time.
There is hardly any physical presence in the Barca team...Valencia were just faster and stronger. We had more of the ball, as usual, but what's the point if we can't even fashion a worthwhile chance? Kluivert was again left against 3 defenders all by himself. VG's system put a hell of a lot of pressure on the centre forward...Rivaldo never got anywhere near Kluivert all night.
I'm only glad VG isn't managing the Holland team...the Oranje would be humiliated.
Arrogance is abig Barca problem...at 3-1 they thought "OK, we'll just beat them like we did against Chelsea"...there was no urgency....at 4-1 there is no way back. It wouldn't surprise me if Valencia don't even get beaten at the Nou Camp.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
I think Dani was no good tonight. Litmanen wasn't much better, though. But the players that REALLY sucked for Barca were Puyol and Gabri. Gabri is sometimes good, but I have never seen Puyol play well for a whole game. Guess that VG has to have some Spaniards in the team also. Besides their best player tonight, that is.

Without Figo Barca's offense is too predictable. Litmanen is a great passer but tonight there was no-one to make the runs. Kluivert was a non-factor and Rivaldo seemed uninspired.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the matter with barca??? They have a chance to win the Champions League and they play the way they did!!! They don't deserve to win the Champions League they this!!!

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
valencia was a threat on counter attack everytime barca lost the ball...there is no way they will beat valencia at home.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree It's officially over! To overcome Valencia 3-0 at Nou Camp is not going to happen again! Did we not see the great determination of Valencia players from today's match? I think the best Barca can do at Nou Camp is 1-0, like Lazio. This is sad, i was hoping to see Bayern Barca Final, now, I have to wait to see who plays Valencia in the Final! what a twist of fate!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
That's exactly what I thought - valencia will destroy Barca even more in the Camp Nou, because they are simply perfetc in counter attacking.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A 3-0 score back in Barcelona isn't inpossible. Stranger things happen in football, just ask bayern fans.

FORZA JUVE

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
3-0 at the Nou Camp, is not impossible but IMO highly improbable. Valencia, breaks very well, and they are highly effective on the counter-attack. They are also enjoying excellent momentum at the moment. I seem them reaching the final.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think that 4th goal sealed Valencia's ticket to the final. I can't see Valencia walk off Nou Camp without scoring. With so many fast players in attack on Nou Camp's huge turf there will be acres of space to run at and there will be one or two break-away goals no matter how well Barca play.

Barca will need to sacrifice a lot to get an early goal. They came back against Chelsea, but they were a weaker side in attack. No players with pace. I feel Valancia will be a much tougher task. The fact that they have played at Nou Camp many times before is a huge advantage. For Chelsea it was a new experience and they were overwhelmed by the atmosphere and setting.

My tip: Barca 3-2 Valencia

------------------
Webmaster
http://worldcup.socceralliance.com

·
Registered
578 Posts
I think that last night was a goodbye to CL for Barca , actually they deserve the lost , Valencia played 4 4 2 on their home ground and Barca it seems that they play with 3 defenders, what a hell !! and I wonder that Sergi and Abelardo were on the bench.
In my opinion that VG system doesn't suit Barca any more even if we won the CL because we concede many goals...

[This message has been edited by Amor (edited 03-05-2000).]

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BAD LUCK!!!! if ManU wont win it..
Well, Barca wont win it either!!!!!

I JUST CANT BELIVE VALENIA.. THEY R FLYING!!!!!!!!!
they defeated two excellent teams LAZIO AND BARCA BOTH BY 3goals....... BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAN U beat them 3-0...
that tells u everything
GLORY GLORY MAN UTD!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can we hope for another miracle from Barcelona?
That 4th goal may have put the final nail in the coffin.
Barcelona will score a couple of goals in Camp Nou, but so will Valencia.

·
Registered
964 Posts
The differrence at the Nou Camp will be Figo ,he saved Barce against Chelsea and he will do it against Valencia.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If Figo plays it will be an whole other match in Nou Camp. Because if you have figo on the right then he can assist kluivert and he will score the goals. And that will also help Rivaldo. It´s that simpel...

·
Registered
717 Posts
Barca has already beaten Valencia 3:0 this year and I don't see the reason why they wouldn't do it again (despite what some of the fools that have been posting at this site may think and hope).
Valencia played really great at their pitch, but they are not the same team when they play away and especially at the Camp Nou.
Couper won't be running naked on the pitch - that's for sure!

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
A highly motovated Barça as we saw against Chelsea, is very well capable of repeating last month's 3-0 victory over Valencia. I can't understand why VG prefered Puyol over Sergi. Even Bogarde was better! Figo would have created more chances. I also think we should return to the 2-3-2-3 system with 2 defensive centrebacks, and offensive wingbacks. That way Rivaldo and Figo can play more in the centre of the pitch, and Kluivert won't get such a hard time as alst night.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree Barca played awfully last night - I can't believe how inconsistent they are - that is the beauty and the frustration of them I suppose. The second leg will be totally different with home advantage and hopefully Figo, but isn't it worrying that even if they did overcome Valencia, which will certainly not be easy, they have been impressive and under-rated throughout, Barca seem to love the challenge of coming from behind. This has worked in the two-leg situation, but in Paris it would be a totally different game. Only 90 minutes and if it was against Bayern, they wouldn't let you play so raggedly. They are very well organised and have very skilful forwards - Sergio needs to be in Italy or Spain. Add to that last year's disappointment and Barca may be better off beating Valencia 2-0 and avoiding potentially more embarrassment in front of many millions more than last night. Believe me I am upset about last night and am still supporting them for the title but they really have to play with more imagination in midfield and assurance in defence. How many times was Hesp put under pressure by dodgy backpasses? He collected everything in the air and of course that great save, but the 2nd, 3rd and 4th goals should never have happened - how embarrassing was that nutmeg on Simao?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts