·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got snubbed by Iuliano

-----------------------------------------------------------------
IULIANO DENIES TRANSFER TO AC MILAN
By Alex

There won't be AC Milan in the future of Italy international Mark Iuliano, at least according the words of the defender on Thursday.

Arrived at Milano's airport after the unlucky World Cup in Korea and Japan, Iuliano clearly explained he hasn't any will to change club in the summer.

"Rumours on papers don't matter, I'll stay at Juventus" he stated.

Around a week ago it seemed between Turin's side and AC Milan there was a verbal agreement for the transfer of the player and clubs were just waiting for the return of the defender in Italy to put the deal on paper.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

OUCH...real bad diss on us.

Juve's 4 th choice CB is rejecting us

my vote is go for ...TUDOR! the guys is classy and will only improve tenfold.

BUT this is a blow to us as we are stuck with more defensive woes

Chamot, Rj, Billy are all DISASTERS
and maldini isnt what he was....drifting farther every day....hope he retires after this year.

So then Payman who is this big money deal we are getting

Lav

·
Registered
43,414 Posts
Lav said:
my vote is go for ...TUDOR! the guys is classy and will only improve tenfold.

Lav

And you are a ... by birth ?! :D :tongue:

Anyway, Tudor won't be. Either Nesta?cana or Iuliano ...

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Lav said:

So then Payman who is this big money deal we are getting

Lav

I think we'd be stupid to blow our wad on one major signing just to please i tifosi and the papers. We need an entire new back line minus Laursen. Maldini, if healthy, will be ok for another go, but he needs backup. The other center spot is wide open, although Chamot or Grandpa Billy will probably get it. It really depends on whether Paolo plays left back or moves inside and Kaladze plays left back. Either way, we need reinforcements. As I've said a hundred times, I think Kaladze is better as a DM then a fullback.

Not getting Iuliano hurts. I liked what I saw when he played Korea in the Cup. He may not be Nesta or Canna, but he is a solid back.

Tudor is a pipe dream, imo. He'sa rising star in defense and Juve would be stupid to let him go.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Its official

bono74 said:

And you are a ... by birth ?! :D :tongue:

Anyway, Tudor won't be. Either Nesta?cana or Iuliano ...

Ah....Croatian..but thats beside the point Tudor is still the classiest guy at the back....had a great year, scored goals and all, plus he would be available for half the money of canna and nesta.

Dae,
well i think that we dont need to fork out mad cash for a defender but i think rui costa is big bait and could be easily used to secure canna or nesta, but i would prefer tudor.
I have no problems with parting with RUI, Pirlo is ten times the man he is and RUI is a toy lazio would want to play with

so dae we can keep the wad of cash and trade our unimpressive overpaid playmaker for a classy def.

Lav

·
Registered
429 Posts
I hate to burst your "tudor" bubble, but there really is no chance that juventus will sell him at all, never mind to one of its serious rivals. during the last seson, man utd offered $20 million for his services, and this was turned down. Juve realise the quality they have in this player, and at only 24, he has most of his playing career ahead of him.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sebastien said:
I hate to burst your "tudor" bubble, but there really is no chance that juventus will sell him at all, never mind to one of its serious rivals. during the last seson, man utd offered $20 million for his services, and this was turned down. Juve realise the quality they have in this player, and at only 24, he has most of his playing career ahead of him.
:cry: :dontcare: :(

Look at this guy, wont even let me dream :D

Lav

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
luliano snubbed milan??? :eek: i thought he was joining them...

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Lets not loose heart. after all Juliano was a compromise. :(
This means that Galliani will have to go for one of the big name defenders. ;) and maybe berlusconi have to help him out with this deal. I will keep my fingers crossed. :hopefull:

Ciao

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sebastien said:

Sorry Lav! Didnt mean to wake you up! :tongue:

Its okay

At least maybe we will get someone decent

Lav

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
With clubs cranking up the already inflated prices of quality players even more, the most cost effective way to add depth to the squad would probably be to look abroad for players.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Very nice deal
Im so Happy !! woooooohoooooo!

Good luck TO Him with milan:greed: :greed:

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Angelos said:
I disagree !

Let the young talent blosom
Sure, that'd be great, but if the club doesn't even have the balls to bring back Coloccini, an established youngster, or to play Pirlo more often, I doubt the young talent will get a chance to blosom.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
The hard part is balancing the cultivation of young talent with desire to appease the masses with some mega-signing. It's why we signed Costa when Pirlo was on the bench and why everybody seems to want Nesta AND Cannavaro when Coloccini is available. You can't have both.

·
Registered
426 Posts
With all respect for Coloccini, Nesta and Canna are better and also Italian.

when I said 'Let the young talent blosom' I ment young Italians...

I think that the hard part is to find the right balance between young talent and experienced players that will help the young ones grow.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
YEs, but Nesta and Canna cost a bazillion dollars a piece and we already own Colocinni, a guy who was essentially defender of the year for the past three years. I dominated in the Argie league as a 19 year old and they play similarly in tactics to euro football.

It just bugs me that we are allowing him to go when he already has proven to have the game. We also have Laursen, a great back, who can't buy a start under Ancelotti and we're looking to blow a massive wad on two superstars.

I don't like signings just to make it look like Milan is determined to win. Granted I'd love to have Canna and Nesta, but not at the expense of the team.

·
Registered
426 Posts
If we ever get one of those 2 or both (yeah right...), the deal will be based on swaps and not so much on the smacks.

And I agree on Colo, Milan are stuiped to give him up.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts