Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
International
6,724 Posts
Only 4, again? :mad:

We all knew the superstars won't be there. I was hoping for Desmond Mason and Gerald Wallace or Richard Jefferson to be there with J Rich and Ricky Davis. Chris Andersen is tall, 6ft10 but I've see him with some highlight dunks. Fred Jones on the other hand is 6ft2, good dunker but shouldn't be an allstar dunk contest.

Imagine this lineup: Vince, Kobe, T-Mac, LeBron, Francis, Richardson, Mason, Ricky Davis :eek:

·
Registered
307 Posts
the rookies or second year guys usually seem a little nervous to me, they dont seem to be having that much fun with it. chris andersen is a great athlete, i think it might be an intresting competition, j rich, ricky davis cant be that bad.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think after Vince's preformance, nothing will be as good, the expectations are too high now. And I think that's why Vince didn't go in it this year,. He knows he wouldn't top that.

Jose luis pirri said:

Imagine this lineup: Vince, Kobe, T-Mac, LeBron, Francis, Richardson, Mason, Ricky Davis :eek:
:dazed:

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I think Chris Anderson is the biggest guy to ever compete in the dunk contest ... it's going to be hard for him to pull of anything spectacular.

Ricky Davis should be exciting, but otherwise I'm not really dying to see it.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
no lebron james??

·
International
6,724 Posts
So who watched it? Jones won it.

It wasn't so bad afterall. A sick dunk each for Jason Richardson and Fred Jones. Dissapointed by the final attempts but oh well.

·
Registered
69,003 Posts
Some of the dunks were great but the thing that left me mad was that there were more missed dunks than dunks towards the end of the competion. Honestly this year's skill competion was probably the worst one in the past few years. The three point contest was slightly exciting and I was very happy to see Peja lose.

·
International
6,724 Posts
DerbyCounty said:
Some of the dunks were great but the thing that left me mad was that there were more missed dunks than dunks towards the end of the competion.
The reason was that they were trying some new stuff that were never done before, like the that guy in the crowd passing to Jones. I believe thats why superstars like Kobe and Vince don't want to participate in the this competition again, so they don't get embarrassed.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fred Jones is crap. Apart from that one self pass dunk which was alright. He shouldn't have even advanced over Ricky Davis.

J-Rich's off the backboard through the legs was the best dunk ever. period.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts