Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
58,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MASSIMO MORATTI & FOUR ADVISORS RESIGN FROM INTER BOARD
Monday, 19 January 2004 20:48:28
MILAN - F.C. Internazionale communicates that president Massimo Moratti and advisors Marco Tronchetti Provera, Paolo Giulini, Angelo Mario Moratti and Angelo Moratti have announced their decision to resign from the club's board of directors. President Moratti has put forward the name of vice president Giacinto Facchetti for the position of president.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Shaun said:
we need a presidnt thais rich and has a good football mind,i hope this doesnt hurt our chances of getting Adriano!

Moratti still own Inter so the finance thing doesn't change.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Slot it down, boys. As VERDI pointed out, Moratti still coughes up (very fortunately so for Inter) in his quality of owner so don't even kid yourself in thinking you got rid of him.

Ciao.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
I guess there will be 4 clubs up for sale this year Lazio, Roma, Parma and finally Inter.

Shocking stuff...:D

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Hasn't Parma's 50% of Adriano already been negotiated at 16.5 million byInter?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Moratti quits as Inter chief
Monday 19 January, 2004

The 1-0 home defeat to Empoli yesterday has seen Inter President Massimo Moratti sensationally quit the club.

The shock announcement was made this evening after the Nerazzurri’s Scudetto bid came off the tracks.

The club broke the news on its official website, where it also reported that four of its directors had also resigned.

"FC Internazionale announce that President Massimo Moratti, Marco Tronchetti Provera, Paolo Giulini, Angelo Mario Moratti and Angelo Moratti have resigned from the club’s board of directors," it stated.

"Massimo Moratti has indicated that Vice-president Giacinto Facchetti should become the next President."

It’s unclear at this stage what role Moratti will now play seeing as he still owns the sleeping giants.

The oil baron has been in charge at the San Siro since February 1995 but with limited success.

He has pumped millions into the club on new players but the only trophy collected during his Presidency is the UEFA Cup in 1998.

Channel4.com

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
well, one day, while revising all serie A clubs, I thought... why not Facchetti for Inter presidency? as, of the GI times, he was the most consistent of the four in the staff, or so I had sensed.
jack goff always dismissed me. he wanted MTP instead. now MTP is gone, along with pirelli sponsorship and the whole of the Morattis.
jack goff too told me off several times for defending Moratti. I did so only for two matters: cash flow and history. The cash flow has been a bit of a joke... sorry to say the truth...

On history, I just want to say... history seldom repeats itself bit by bit.
History was the only trait that held the Morattis to Inter, history is Facchetti's main claim to fame, but he seems no idiot, remember he was sponsored by Pellegrini after taking over from Fraizzoli (who did not like him, preferring Sandro Mazzola). Let's see if Giacintone Magno has the persistence he used to track rival forwards in his new job.

The best of lucks though... hope you salute the ordeal...
Yuumei-Chan

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
i agree with glen, we know there are known knowns. there are things we know we know. we also know there are known unknowns. that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. but there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
but now that rumsfeld has given his opinion on the matter we can move on.

i think things will depend on how much of a hand moratti keeps in the affairs of the club. i doubt hell be a silent owner in any respect so this might not mean much. it might have been done just to appease the fans. i guess well never really know for sure.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts