Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well 4 years ago Clarence Seedorf at 19 had a pretty decent Euro 96 prompting everyone to say stuff like

"That kid is really talented"

"He shows so much potential"

"He can be a truly all time great Dutch player"

"Can at times with charisma and class"

"Has raw ability and can only improve in time"

Now what are we saying 4 years down the road.....?

"Can improve still"

"Still needs time"

Well i know.....and CLarence knows.....and all his many fans know....its this season or never for CLarence.

He has again flopped on the big stage and many questions are coming in on his true quality. Ridiculous game against the Czech republic at the beginning of the tournament and didn't kick a ball since until he faced his every day Serie A coolegues and was a waste of space then wasting two great chances to win the game for Holland with is infamous indesicion.

What is he? A supremely ttalented player.

Can he hone his talent? It remains to be seen

What he is doing now is playing exactly the same way he played when he was 19 purely on raw talent. he reminds me of Michael Owen.....they are both way too old to be playing on raw talent alone...they need to begin to take their game to the other level like Zenden and Raul have begun to do.

But for Seedorf its sad to say many people including myself really don't see any ability to improve himself. But as always i could be wrong and i hope for his sake i am. But......i think we all agree if he doesn't become that world class player we all expect him to be next season its all over for a player who was once one of t he most promising talents on the planet.

Fulfil the promise NOW!!!!! or Pirlo will do it for you.....

FORZA PIRLO!!!!!!
FORZA SEEDORF!!!!!!!!!

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
When Pirlo gets his chance he will take and we won´t see Seedorf anymore. Seedorf is a great player but sadly for him Pirlo is better.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Sadly Seedorf might well become the next bryan roy a talent from the ajax juniors played for ajax was so promasing then moved to foggia played pretty well for two seasons then moved to Nottingham Forest and is now at hertha berlin warmingthe bench he never gets the call ups anymore his a forgotton talent and that just might happen to seedorf.Seedorf was just hype at euro 96 and still hasn't proven to became a davids or world class player.

FORZA INTER MILANO

D

·
0 Posts
In that sense Seedorf might become like Brian Roy, but I think it will be some time before we'll see Seedorf at a low Italian or 1st Division English team.

Those 2 chances he had against Italy weren't exactly great chances. One was shooting through a defenders leg, while he was in mid-air, and the other Seedorf took the initiative himself to shoot. And Seedorf being Seedorf, and Toldo being in excellent form, those two attempts were never going to go in.

I wonder if Van Gaal becomes the first coach to realize that Seedorf has got absolutely nothing to do in the natioanl team :confused:

I mean, Seedorf can be brilliant, but hardly ever ever is in the dutch team, he feels un-happy when being left out and has trouble accepting it, he doesn't feel like he is Dutch sometimes he recently said, and it seems he doesn't know how to score at all for his country anymore.

I hope his brothers are a little bit more consistent, and don't become major flops after theyv'e reached 20 :confused:

·
Registered
43,525 Posts
I'm sure that you can remember that Seedorf had a good season with us. At times he may have been inconsistent, but his game appeared to be geared towards the team at the end of the season. Scored some great goals against Perugia (fine goal), Milan and even against Juventus (when no one else really seemed to want to). In short, the signs are all there. He has great talent, and works hard. All that is needed is for Seedorf to keep on working so that he may develop.

Edgar Davids was an uncut diamond until he developed at Juventus. He's a star now.

After joining Arsenal, Thierry Henry is now twice the player he previously was.

Petit and Vieira were two thugs until Wenger turned them into fine players.

Surely, Lippi should be able to bring out the best in Seedorf.

D

·
0 Posts
I agree....

Remember seedorf´s first game at Inter????
Remember when he scored that lovely goal and then started to cry for his new team????

I know that´s a sign that he loves Inter and that he´s propered to give everything he´s got to win!!!!

Then, after a wile, he started to play bad...Why???
Cus´all the team played bad!!!!

He wanted to dribble so much and losed the ball so much...

But one thing is for sure: Seedorf will, as long as he´s not unjured, play in the starting eleven the whole season in Inter!!!! Pirlo cant take his place, get real guys!!!!

Give him a cance...and to the fool that said that seedorf isnt good enough for the National team..."no ciddin´"?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Tazz is right!His potential to improve is lesser and lesser as time goes by!He is no youngster anymore!He's been with Ajax,Sampdoria and Real Madrid,and now Inter!!!Hasn't he learned enough?!!My opinion is that he is a good player,but would hardly become a star!I really don't see his quality as a playmaker!Pirlo is way better than him and should take his place next season!I think he should change the style of play to stay in the starting 11 for Inter!He should play as a central midfielder with Gigi di Biagio,utilize his pace,stamina to run around the field to try to get the ball from opponent,then just pass the ball to Pirlo or Chino to attack!I know it's hard for him to not dribble,but I guess this is the only case he can stay out the bench!He should pray Moratti won't get Veron or he'll have to pack his bag!!

Forza Seedorf!!
Forza Inter!!

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I have to agree with Tazz. The worse thing about Seedorf is that he is taking up space in the team and perventing the emergence of a real playmaker. Inter has hard working midfielders ( DiBi, Cauet, Jugovic), then there are playmakers (Recoba, Pirlo), then there is Seedorf. He has some good plays, then sometimes it seems as if he has never played a professional game before.

I honestly don't see a future for Seedorf at Inter, he is a puzzle piece that doesn't quite fit. If in finding space for him it would mean sacrificing Pirlo or Recoba, then I say Inter should find a new team for Seedorf. Maybe use him to get Baronio, who would fit well with Inter.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
It's all over but the crying for Seedorf. There is a Serie A monster emerging from Seedorf's shadow to swallow him whole: Pirlo.

When Pirlo strides onto the San Siro turf and sparks start to fly, Seedorf can reserve a spot on the bench or buy a plane ticket out. He's history. Whatever he does, it will be too little, too late.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Seedorf's future in Inter remains gloom with the entry of many new young signings that Inter has gotten so far.I guess he'll be trying his best all season to keep his place in the starting lineup.And this could see him changing his game.All the best to him if he manages to do that!

Forza Inter!

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Don't be ridicualous guys, he's not finished at Inter. He certainly won't be if he goals like he did last season. I don't see any reason why Seedorf can't play WITH Pirlo as he did with Raul at Real Madrid.

Remember this formation :

Mijatovic Suker

Raul

Redondo Seedorf

Why not this :

Vieri Recoba/ Ronaldo/ Salas

Pirlo

Farinos/ Di Biagio Seedorf

Anyone who thinks Seedorf has no role to play in a top side (eg Holland) should watch his performance in centrer mid. with Edgar Davids in their friendly against Germany. Both won the ball from German midfielders and then took it in turns to attack.

Seedorf has the pace and strength to cover and win the ball AND the natural talent to create

In short he's got a future and I think its gonna be with Inter.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RED>>>>>>>> that is exactly my point. I too watched that game and i was sayng it seems Seedorf is finally showing good for for club and country. But again his form has dropped.

Driton>>>>> Don't be naive....Seedorf cried because he was happy he wasn'tunder the extreme pressure at Real Madrid anymore and he had a burden lifted. and he was happy to see a friend in Panucci there to experience it with him. Not because heloves INTER.....C'mon how can a guy have played for Ajax Sampdoria and Real Madrid and you really think he cried because he loves INTER in what?.....One week of training? Don't be naive bro. Seedorf is here for the money and to enhance his reputation and win stuff.....that is about it.

And for the last time people i am not saying Seedorf is not a potentially all time great.....what i am saying is that he is too old for everyone to still have to use the word potential with him. He needs to come good this season or it is all over for him. he will follow the longline of young potentials at INTER that flopped. Pistone and Fresi come to mind.

FORZA SEEDORF i wish him all the best......but don't see the best in his future.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Agreed but...

....the thing is, Clarens is not a playmaker. He will Fail,
if Lippi fail to realize that.

He has many great qualities like tremendous strength, speed, dribbling skills (if used at an appropriate time, not everytime he gets the ball!!) and the abilty to cope with a pacy game.

But if Lippi and Inter intends to use him as playmaker like for example Veron, he won't make it. He and Lippi and should sit down and think of which way to use his qualities in the best way. Or else, we will see a rather confused Seedorf next year and a repetition of last years resultless "dribble dribble".

S

·
0 Posts
ummmmm...okay, so seedorf isn't a legend, he's not the best player in the world.......but Pirlo takig his place in the starting 11?????????????????????
I've seen Pirlo play and i love the guy and everything but taking the place of Seedorf??? and for that matter, this season???
PLUS, they have totally different games and seedorf's is much more suited to this team....
plz, don't embarace yourselves....and Tazz, why do i have the feeling you're not too much of a dutch fan?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts