Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everyone has the answer to why portugal did not advance, right! but here is the cold truth, like it or not. its something my father said many years ago. look at most of the teams that have moved on, 90% of there staters play in there domastic league and build a forum of continuity,. they ether play with each other or against all year round, if you want to blame anyone, blame the golden generation of over payed babys, and there slave owners, the very rich clubs that are destroying the beautiful game, like it or not, that it the cold hard truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:greed: :greed: :greed: :greed: :greed: :greed: :greed: :greed: :greed: :greed: :greed: :greed: :greed:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Freebird,

You and your dad might want to think this through. You're not making a whole lot of sense.

This team has tons of experience playing together. But more than that, do you for one moment think that players like Figo, R. Costa, Pauleta and even Conceicao would reach the levels they have in the Primera Liga? I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but chances of a player developing world class skills improve greatly when they play in the best leagues - and the Portuguese league ain't that. I'm sure you don't mean to suggest we'd be better off without the skills of those players who work abroad?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts