Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Game on.......;)

Gooners arrive at Old Trafford fresh from the FA Cup triumph and with the knowledge that a draw would be enough to clinch their second Premiership crown.

While United players have had a week's rest to mull over the disappointing semi-final exit from Champions League.:(

Whatever the outcome,the game will be a cracker.The head-on collision between the two best sides in England and between them the teams have scored over 160 goals in the league.:eek:However while United have lost 8 games this season,Arsenal have lost only thrice and thats the reason why Wenger's men have a 5 point cushion at the top.:eek:

Last time Arsenal visited Old Trafford,they were kicked in their backside 6 times and that too by Dwight Yorke of all people.:D:DThe look on Wenger's face that day was priceless and what I would do to see that again.:dielaugh:But during our visit to Highbury this season,a couple of individual errors by Fab cost us the game even though we were given the lead by Scholesy in the 12th minute.Barthez will be trying to redeem himself and I wont be surprised if he produces a top notch performance come Wednesday night.:)

Johnsen and Blanc will most likely form the central defence pairing while Brown and Silvestre cover the flanks.With Veron still nursing that achilles injury Fergie might opt for the more regular 4 man midfield with Scholes,Butt,Keano and Giggs.Butt will be given the task of keeping a close watch over Ljunberg who's in fantastic form at th moment.Up front the 50+ goals pairing of Ruud and Ole should prove to be a handful for Adams and Campbell.:)

So here's my line-up for the game........

-------------------------------------Barthez----------------------------------

---Brown-------------Blanc---------------------Johnsen--------Silvestre---

---------------------------------------Butt------------------------------------

-------------------Scholes--------Keano--------------Giggs------------

---------------------------Ruud--------------------Ole------------------

We just HAVE to win this game if there's any chance of the Premiership trophy arriving at Old Trafford.Anything less than a win and Arsenal players will be celebrating in front of the Trafford faithfuls.Thats why,I feel, its absolutely necessary to play a two man attack and put Ole alongside ruud.Against Leverkusen Ruud was left completely isolated and his threat was completely diminished.With Ole beside him,the defenders will have to worry about him as well and this wil open up space for Ruud to exploit.

It'll be a smashing game on Wednesday and one thing is certain that I'll be running out of nails to bite on way before the game finishes.:nervous::nervous:

·
International
9,526 Posts
Its all or nothing....literally. However, I have afeeling that, even if we win, Everton will cave in in the last game and the result will be somewhat elementary. However, despite that, I expect us to go out there and do everything in our power to take them apart.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It'll be a smashing game on Wednesday and one thing is certain that I'll be running out of nails to bite on way before the game finishes
We WILL be watching, (Merseyside):D :D:D :cool:

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'd like to see us give Arsenal a proper thrashing. Those arrogant ****** need to know that even if they win the title this season, they still were not the best. Plus the boys from United should have plenty of incentive to take out last week's frustrations on the Gunners.

PREDICTION

ManU 4 - Arsenal 1

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
hahah id love it if we gave the gooooooners something to wake them up and scare the **** outta them. Im just hoping that everton can do a massive job on them in the last game.

But 1st things first, we need to win.

I can see united doing the job here. 3-0

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
My dream ending to the EPL would be us thrashing Arsenal and then Arsenal losing their final game (which seems highly unlikely)....well atleast if we can thrash Arsenal tomorrow I will be a happy man!!! I hope we thrash the gooners!!!:D

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
.....And plus Arsenal has already won the FA cup this season and thats one too many trophies for one season for the gooners!!!

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Man Utd [VS] Arse-Anal...

It is coming....

And i personally just dont wonna see Arsey win it at OT, i know that they have it wrapped up and there is no chance that UTD will steal it, BUT as long as they dont clinch it at home infront of the biggest crowd in ENG then that is good enuff... BUT still hoping that we can win our (first time ever in English football) 4th in-a-row championship title!

Step up boyz and restore some pride and not forgeting that little bit of hope too...

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also share vedz's sentiments.It would be cruel if the gooners won it at Old Trafford in front of the biggest home crowd in England.That's why I feel the players will be even more motivated and determined to win the game and push the title race into the last weekend where anything can happen.

However Everton are the last team that I'd want to be travelling ti Highbury on May 11th.:rollani:These guys have nothing to play for,having already decided their Premiership status for another season,and will probably not get on Arsenal's road to victory.:mad::mad:

Still miracles do happen and I will not give up till the ref blows the final whistle.:stuckup:

·
Registered
322 Posts
i believe the boys will do the biz,but we have to play ole up front with ruud they work so well together and i think ruud`s wasted upfront on his own which showed against leverkusen.
as you`ve all said it would be criminal to let them win it at old trafford,celebrating infront of the old trafford faithful would be f*ckn horrible.
then hopefully everton can do us a favour,that would really piss there crosstown rivals off!!!
go the blue scouse.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I see you lot seem very confident of winning on Wednesday night.

Rosso; ------Man U 4 - 1 Arsenal
Beechy; ----Man U 3 - 0 Arsenal

Well you guys should be prepare for the worst, and remember that Stepanovs, Grimandi and Luzhny are not playing, Instead it will be Keown or Adams, Lauren and the 'Super Rock' Campbell.
If you think you are going to score 3 or 4 think again. We have only conceded 2 goals in the last 10 games and we have won the last 11 and we have not lost away from home. I know we will clinch the title at Old Trafford and not by drawing, I think our pace and power is too much for your weak defence to handle.

I predict a 2-0 win and the ChampiOnship!!:D

·
Registered
66 Posts
well said goonermc - god knowse how these boys think theyre going to stick 3/4 past us:rolleyes:
and rosso - jealous are we? the team that wins the title DESERVES IT, not man utd. the champions which are ARSENAL:D
if you cant take that then hard luck.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Goonermc,while on one hand you suggest that some United fans might be a bit overconfident since they predicted a 3-0 or 4-0 win yet at the same time you think that Arsenal will win 2-0 at Old Trafford.:wth::wth:

While I do not think that it'll be a cakewalk like last time Gooners visited Old Trafford,but we will start off as favs for the game.Sure Arsenal won the FA Cup during the weekend but United players will be hungry and ready since they know that this is the only chance of any silverware this season.

So get ready to face a barrage of United attacks and even your "super rock" Campbell will be tested to the core.;):)

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
We just have to win the game - I don't care about the score as long as we win it. And I'm quite confident that we'll do the job. Then the pressure is on Arsenal to get a win and if you have to win... Leverkusen got what they deserved in the German league, why shouldn't that happen in the Premiership too. :D

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Van Nistelrooy said:
No no no! We have all got to say we think Arsenal will win. Whenever we're all so confident, we usually lose. So i think 8-0 to Arsenal :D
:howler::howler:

Arsenal will break the trend,hopefully.;):D

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
hold on everyone....lets say arsenal lose at OT (which seems likely)...then its down to everton to beat arsenal for manu to win the EPL...BUT, if arsenal can slip up against everton, surely, theres a chance that charlton will spoil the party for manu?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Not jealous pires, not even over confident.

The end result of this game is that United's season will either be a failure or something we can chalk up to bad mistakes made early on in the season. For us to lose to Arsenal (I don't think it will be a draw BTW) in front of our fans would be the worst!

We have pride to uphold. To break Arsenal's stellar run over the last few months, even if we do not go on to win the title, a lot of fans and players alike could take comfort that at too many times this season we just didn't play up to our potential.

We knocked a few back against Arsenal the last time you guys visited Old Trafford so it's not too much to say that we could sink 4 past Seaman on Wednesday. But I don't care about the score as long as we beat the Gunners convincingly!

Someone mentioned that Arsenal's conceded a rather small number of goals over the last few games. But you haven't played Man United. And I think we all know that.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
i do apologise PIRES!

i am ever so sorry for predicting a score.

And why is 3-0 such a bold statement. WE all know that when united fire they are brilliant, and if there is a game to ever fire up for it is Arsneal vs Man U at OT. and considering if we draw or lose Arsenal win the title there is no way we wont be pumped.

Remember 6-1 last season. Whyc ant that happen again?

but for your sake, im changing by tip. 9-0 Arsenal.

Scorers: Adams 4 (makeshift striker) Keown 2, Dixon 2, Ljungerbg 1 (always scores)

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
This is how the Man U vs Arsenal game will work out:

10 - 0 to Arsenal at half time. The gooners as cocky as ever, start celebrating at half time and get drunk out of their wits. We score 11 past the drunk [email protected] in the second half. Final score: 11 - 10 to Man U...............lol........ :D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts