Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right, your opponent in the 2nd round of the Champions League. comments? reactions? lament? denial? depression? :D

·
Administrator
52,993 Posts
Hehe this is great :) Didnt want to face a top team but wen they first announced the first draw,Cant wait.Will be an great game,hopefuly for Juve ;)

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
3ksnd said:
we are out. :neutral:

No we are not. :nono:

Look, this is the sort of game Madrid thrives on.

Why do you think we knocked out Bayern Munich last season...but lost to Monaco?

Let's be honest, this is the exact type of game that will bring out the best in Zidane and Ronaldo as well as the rest of the galacticos. That is the reality. These are the sort of games that they are made for.

We have all the big-game players and have every chance against Juventus.

I am not scared of them, in fact I am delighted we are going to play them.

I've made it no secret how much I hate Juventus, so let's hope we can destroy them.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Surprising how the Juve fans despise Real Madrid. IMO Juve is superior, but Real Madrid is not an easy team and less in a KO stage.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Koeman4 said:
Surprising how the Juve fans despise Real Madrid. IMO Juve is superior, but Real Madrid is not an easy team and less in a KO stage.
Most of us do, not all of us. I don't. :)

·
Administrator
52,993 Posts
I dont despise Real (maybe what it stands for,not exactly the team) but I do think we can win ,and is easier to face them,then lets say Barca or one of the other top teams.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
numerodix said:
Most of us do, not all of us. I don't. :)
My mistake... I should have say "some Juve fans". Anyway, it's strange how so many people (Juve fans or not) wanted Real Madrid. Obviously, they are not playing very well, but they still have players that can change everything in a simple action. Ronaldo is a great scorer, Raul gives the 200% in these matches, Figo is slower but still dangerous,... even Beckham with a free kick. Maybe Chelsea or any other could have been worse, but Real Madrid is not the easiest rival.

In theory, Juve should advance, but the biggest mistake for Juve would be to think that they're far superior and losing respect to Real Madrid. In a league, I would bet for Juve any day, but in a KO stage there're many factors that can change everything.

BTW, good luck Juve :D

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Barcawinner said:
I already know the outcomes:

Real Madrid 0 - 1 Juventus
Juventus 1 - 0 Real Madrid
How about worrying about your own team?

There is no way we are losing to Juventus at the Bernabeu.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Koeman4 said:
In theory, Juve should advance,
Why?

I find it funny that everybody thinks Madrid are a mediocre team now. We are not. Just struggling for form but that will come with time.

We still have some of the best players in the World and are capable of knocking everybody out.

Also, and I keep saying this, don't forget there are 8 weeks until we play. Who knows the shape of the two teams in 8 weeks time?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Juventus is the WORST opponent Real Madrid can possibly get from the draw.. and I was hopping Juve will get Man U instead.. sigh!

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
Why?

I find it funny that everybody thinks Madrid are a mediocre team now. We are not. Just struggling for form but that will come with time.

We still have some of the best players in the World and are capable of knocking everybody out.
You are missing the point. If you've seen how we play, we were built to defeat this Madrid side IMO, especially over two legs. A matter of characteristics.

Having said that, Madrid remains a formidable team. Anything can happen and you stand as good a chance as any.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts