Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Scudetto
23,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
L'A.C. Milan comunica che il calciatore Ferreira Da Rosa Emerson ha chiesto e ottenuto di risolvere con effetto immediato, causa motivi personali, il rapporto con la Società. Nel ringraziarlo per quanto ha dimostrato nel corso dell'esperienza in rossonero, il Milan formula a Emerson i migliori auguri per il futuro.

www.acmilan.com

:proud:

·
Scudetto
23,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man I thought that was clear :D

Emerson and Milan agree to mutual termination of contract because of personal reasons.

Of course from a footballing perspective I am delighted, just hope that his personal problems are solved :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
PUMA is gone :(

:D

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
This is where the class move is to thank him for his service and then hope we get a quality replacement. I think we've taken enough potshots at the guy. ;)

·
Registered
15,730 Posts
Oh man I thought that was clear :D

Emerson and Milan agree to mutual termination of contract because of personal reasons.

Of course from a footballing perspective I am delighted, just hope that his personal problems are solved :thumbsup:

My Italian is awful. :)

To be fair to Emo, he did a good job at Milan IMO considering the role we bought him for (solid experienced back-up DM). When called upon he often played well and was far from a liability. His ballwinning was good and distribution was neat. You can't ask for more from him.

It's another good move by our management, a step in the right direction. The fewer "high-waged veterans" we have the better.

All the best, Puma. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Congratulations to all emersons around here :D

·
Registered
13,397 Posts

·
Registered
24,062 Posts

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Good riddance. Have to wonder if Rodriguez every actually watched him in Milan? He was a joke, a sham of a player. He couldn't distribute leaflets never mind a football.

Hoepfully the first of many frauds at Milan to go.

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
Good riddance. Have to wonder if Rodriguez every actually watched him in Milan? He was a joke, a sham of a player. He couldn't distribute leaflets never mind a football.
Well, he did score from offside once. Would have salvaged a point had the referee allowed it :depress:

·
Registered
13,397 Posts

·
Registered
15,730 Posts

I've watched plenty of Emerson at Milan and I stand by what I said. I think you're being very unreasonable in saying he was a joke and a sham. His distribution didn't have the range and creativity of a guy like Pirlo, but countless times he won the ball and made the simple pass. Think Makelele. I also remember him winning freekicks by being fouled by the opposition, as he used his strength and big frame to protect the ball. In short, he played to his strengths.

Personally I'd rather us have a squad with cheaper, younger and hungrier players, so we never should have signed him in that respect. However, when called upon he did fulfil his role pretty well. Too many people make out he was such a liability, or a flop, amongst other things. What did Milanisti expect? The Puma of the early 2000's dominating in our midfield every week?

·
Registered
27,210 Posts

I saw more than a few games where Emerson played ok. He's another guy who never got credit for even being decent. Nobody ever said he was great but he was nowhere the level of crap you insinuate.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
He was great against juve away, and Lazio in the cup too. No wait he was seedorfing crap.

I don't recall many won balls, even in matches against weaker players like against portsmouth his lack of speed wasn't countered by good positional sense.

Another waste of money from the Galliani school of smart financial moves.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I agree he was a poiontless transfer but we seem to have a habit of then damning the player to hell regardless of how he plays. Same thing happened to Favalli (who has been ok) and Sheva (who was fair before getting hurt).

·
Scudetto
23,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ****ing love you Dae :proud:

Anyway, if Seedorf has one good game in five, Emerson has one in 38402383028408.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts