Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that was 1minutt away from being EC champion with italy, probably was his last chance to win anything with the azzurri.

BTW I will never forgive Del Piero for wasting those chances he got..

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
A championship title for Maldini would have been nice:
It really hurts that this ends his career with the national team..
Now the question would be who can replace him:;

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Maldini:

I thought the deal is like this: had Italy won, he would retire. He would only still play in several matches just to break the record currently held by Zoff.
BUT, is Italy didn't win (and they didn't) he would still continue until he's really sure that he can't cope no more. I mean, he's really desperate to win something with Azzuri...
that's what I heard at least.

Forza Lazio

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wierd.. he was 24seconds away from winning Euro2000 with the azzurri. Then it all crashed down. Broke my heart seeing walking on the pitch without no meaning. Tried to smile, just couldnt. The way he gave Ambrosini a hand who was lying down crying. Man football is cruel sometimes..

·
Registered
785 Posts
Like i said before, i feel sorry for Maldini and Albertini but: La France gagnée et eux l'ont mérité!!!!!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I thought i heard he was finished.Glad to be wrong..He is very key to the italian defense..I hope he continues to play for WC2002.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Maldini WOULD HAVE retired from international play IF Italy had won this championship. Since UEFA wanted France to win all along, he's got his sights set on WC 2002....so he'll not only tie Zoff's caps record, he'll set a new one! This news was on the official Milan site, under What the Papers Say for 2 days in a row....direct comments from The Man himself. :) At least we have something to be happy about!

[Edited by Debs on 05-07-2000 at 14:41]

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I just dont want to see Maldini ridicule himself like Matthaus did at this Euro...Let's hope Paolo will understand his limits,he knows better than everybody I think.As long as he plays great I dont mind if he is 47.But being 35 and cant move his feet with kids screaming to be replaced by Coco,no he doesnt deserve such an end...

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Maldini won't be a second loddar, he will not miss his time.
and by that, matthäus was not the worst german in this EC

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
matthäus could have done it better, even at this age. It's only a year ago when he were in the top10 for europes best player award. If he hadn't went to the US, and if he weren't injured, maybe then he could have done alot better.

But anyway i think Paolo can keep it going to WC 2002.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
linke for sure
best were nowotny, deisler, and kahn (forget the last match :) )linke was the worst, and kirsten was very bad too, and häßler showed that it was a big mistake to get him back.

theLegend, I totally agree with u, concerning lodda and paolo

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I hope Maldini will return for Japan-Korea 2002, I have confidence that he will. He deserves to win something internationally, euro2000 should have been it but Del Piero the **** ruined it for him. Sack Del Piero and Inzaghi and replace them with Pirlo and Vieri or Montella.

La coppa del mondo sara nostra dinuovo!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts